The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Watcha doin for a Livin

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Charlitos
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Watcha doin for a Livin   Mon May 10, 2010 11:46 pm

This is to post what jobs yu have or just how you make a living. Oh and if your job is anything short of top secret ninja spy, please don't post Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: Watcha doin for a Livin   Tue May 11, 2010 2:03 am

It's a nice idea, Charli, but it doesn't really belong in the Sony section. Smile This is more a topic for random chat.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leo_337
14th Nation

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Watcha doin for a Livin   Tue May 11, 2010 4:29 am

Done. Thanks monkey. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Watcha doin for a Livin   Tue May 11, 2010 4:35 am

Too much.

IT Liason, Website maintenence, Marketing & graphics design, Office administrator, problem solver.
Then there are the numerous favours requests and family errands.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: Watcha doin for a Livin   Tue May 11, 2010 4:39 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Safely in the appropriate board, our hero can now answer the question...

Laughing

I'm a clerk. I work at a convenience store. It's given he a healthy dislike of the general public. I have to run home to the Nation every day after work to come hang out with teh cool peoples so that my faith in humanity is restored just enough to get me through the next day.

What about you, Charli? It's your thread after all. Smile

Liam, hire an assistant. If anyone complains tell them you're also Head of Personnel. From the sound of it, I don't think they'd know otherwise.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Watcha doin for a Livin   Tue May 11, 2010 4:45 am

(-_-) I am my assistant. I do all those jobs, for the paycheque of one person. They can't afford an assistant. Also I don't trust anyone else to do my job right other than me. facepalm2

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raistlin
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 67

PostSubject: Re: Watcha doin for a Livin   Tue May 11, 2010 8:13 am

Cool thread Charlie Smile

Me.....well.....

I'm part time employed as an Outdoor Education Instructor. I work up at Camp Jubilee Retreat and Conference Center where groups will come up for retreats, conferences, or outdoor education. Self explanatory huh? Basically I can teach Beach Study/Marine Life, Outdoor Living Skills, Kayaking, Archery, Voyageur Canoeing and lead campfires which involves lots of entertaining and singing silly song stuff in front of large groups. - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have worked there since 2003 where I did the education stuff spring/fall and was a camp counselor for kids in the summers. I'm only on call now since I do have a regular job in town.

Where I am an account manager for Rogers Communications Inc. Found at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , Rogers is a leading telecommunications company in Canada akin to AT&T in the US and Vodafone/Orange in Europe. Home phone, internet, cable, wireless products are available and I currently work as an account manager and Investigator for the Wireless team. In june I will be crossing over and getting trained for common services (Home phone, cable, internet services). So what do I do here? Sometimes I will be that regular guy who answers your call when you call in about wanting to add call display. Sometimes I'm that guy listening to the call, sitting beside the rep you're talking to and then coaching them after on what they did well, what needs improvement etc or I'll listen to calls after they were done and go over the call with a rep at a later date. Yes, when they say the call is being recorded, it really is. However, the calls aren't kept for longer than 15 - 30 days since big companies like this can't save THAT much data for that long since they get literally thousands of calls daily.

I also am an investigator. So, if johnny Roamer took is brand new iPhone to Bangladesh and used his data the way he does at home, racking up thousands of dollars in roaming charges, I'm the guy thta checks the usage before it gets billed to him. Freeze his bill so he doesn't get a heart attack when he gets the bill in the mail. Contact him and inform him that, "Yo buddy - you know your next bill is going to be $6,200, right?" And after I explain why, how roaming works, if I decide that this could be an issue where he was truely not aware, I can make a judgement call to provide him with a package for that period that would re-rate his charges to a much lower amount as if he had called us before he left and added the package. Some people are very relieved. Others want the whole amount waived....it can be tough depending on the situation.

But thats currently me.

I love the camp stuff. Very fun and hands on and interactive with people. I get to make them have fun, laugh and enjoy themselves. My main job isn't necessarily fun. But as far as large coporations go, its the best one I've worked for as far as atmosphere and employee benefits. It als does pay me decently enough to have a lifestyle I want. So its a tough trade.

I currently don't know what I want to do otherwise. I know its working with people.....preferrably as someone that can entertain somehow. Generally I'm interested in Radio, but I havent taken the steps to do that yet because once I finish the course, I might have to move out of Vancouver just to get my foot in the door for a lower paying position Sad So, I'm riding this wave for now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Charlitos
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Watcha doin for a Livin   Tue May 11, 2010 10:33 pm

Safely in the appropriate board, our hero can now answer the question...

Laughing

I'm a clerk. I work at a convenience store. It's given he a healthy dislike of the general public. I have to run home to the Nation every day after work to come hang out with teh cool peoples so that my faith in humanity is restored just enough to get me through the next day.

What about you, Charli? It's your thread after all. Smile

Liam, hire an assistant. If anyone complains tell them you're also Head of Personnel. From the sound of it, I don't think they'd know otherwise.
I'm just still in schoool. Why would anyone want to stay in school? I just made this to learn more about people Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: Watcha doin for a Livin   Tue May 11, 2010 11:00 pm

I'm a pirate undercover as a top secret ninja spy.

I would tell you more, but than I'd have to kill you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vrals597
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : -15

PostSubject: Re: Watcha doin for a Livin   Tue May 11, 2010 11:29 pm

I have a friend whose uncle helped design some stealth fighter and when my friend asked him what goes in the RAM he responded "If I told you I would have to kill you." and he was not kidding either

Now lets see what am I doing for a living............oh wait that is right, I go to school, take driver's ed, get rejected by the girl I want, and save up money for pointless stuff, oh and I will be working as a CIT at my former camp this summer, being on guard for 2-4 dances=not fun! especially when you are not a hip hop fan!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Charlitos
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Watcha doin for a Livin   Tue May 11, 2010 11:40 pm

I have a friend whose uncle helped design some stealth fighter and when my friend asked him what goes in the RAM he responded "If I told you I would have to kill you." and he was not kidding either

Now lets see what am I doing for a living............oh wait that is right, I go to school, take driver's ed, get rejected by the girl I want, and save up money for pointless stuff, oh and I will be working as a CIT at my former camp this summer, being on guard for 2-4 dances=not fun! especially when you are not a hip hop fan!
way to keep my night happy Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vrals597
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Watcha doin for a Livin   Tue May 11, 2010 11:55 pm

lol, sorry Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Charlitos
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Watcha doin for a Livin   Wed May 12, 2010 12:18 am

Hehe you know that I was jk. Time to hit the sack Sleep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Watcha doin for a Livin   Wed May 12, 2010 3:56 am

Trust me once you leave school, you'll be wishing you never left.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: Watcha doin for a Livin   Wed May 12, 2010 4:32 am

Im a student. Year 10, WOOO!
Currently deciding what i wanna do with my future and what i want my career to be
as well as planing stuff for work experience, and formal.. and studying... doing exams and handing essays in which i did an all nighter just to complete after a week spent researching for it -.-'

whenever i get free time i like to write, paint, draw, chillbang with friends, learn guitar.. attempt to form a band with my friends.. (kinda hard when one of them smashed her guitar 'cuz she's always wanted to do it :S') make jokes about harry potter.. Slytherin... LOLOLOL.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY

sleep.
i looovee sleep.
i can sleep for 14+ hours if you dont wake me.
im so good at sleep.. I CAN DO IT WITH MY EYES CLOSED! :O ahahaha.

and so that is what i, Sayber, does with her life Cool
Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raistlin
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 67

PostSubject: Re: Watcha doin for a Livin   Wed May 12, 2010 8:21 am

Now lets see what am I doing for a living............ oh and I will be working as a CIT at my former camp this summer

Dude, helping out as a counselor definitely can open doors for you down the line. I started as a CIT and then was a volunteer counselor for a few summers and that experience really helped me get into the workforce working with kids. The experience was invaluable. Plus, I find camp just has so many awesome people that its a great place to be Smile Thats from personal experience though Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dingo
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Watcha doin for a Livin   Wed May 12, 2010 8:30 am

Me a warehouse worker that spends most time trying not to die.
Then on weekends me a furry pimp and makes me staff go out and make me monies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Endlo-
Sixth Nation

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: Watcha doin for a Livin   Wed May 12, 2010 9:05 pm

Nice try, fuzzball. Dingo's actually a total cola junkie.

I worked in a small family owned pizzeria for a while, was a server, prep cook, did all the stockwork, and eventually made pizza. Fun job, was constantly busy, and I loved being in a kitchen.

Was a bum who got by busking for a while, until I got my GED, and worked for a telecommunications provider, as a sales and customer service rep. Pretty much the job Raistlin did QA on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vrals597
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Watcha doin for a Livin   Wed May 12, 2010 9:42 pm

Now lets see what am I doing for a living............ oh and I will be working as a CIT at my former camp this summer

Dude, helping out as a counselor definitely can open doors for you down the line. I started as a CIT and then was a volunteer counselor for a few summers and that experience really helped me get into the workforce working with kids. The experience was invaluable. Plus, I find camp just has so many awesome people that its a great place to be Smile Thats from personal experience though Smile

Yeah, this camp has a lot of nice counselors, and campers, except for odd kid who was mean, yes there were quite a fair number. I am just not looking forward to having to deal with being on duty for four dances out of six weeks, god I hate Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, and all of those hip hop/rap artists

Last edited by Vrals597 on Fri May 14, 2010 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Charlitos
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Watcha doin for a Livin   Wed May 12, 2010 9:44 pm

Don't be racist Puzzled Just have a good time with it cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vrals597
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Watcha doin for a Livin   Wed May 12, 2010 10:09 pm

I'm not, they were legit assholes

well not really at the beginning but by week 4/5 they were
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Charlitos
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Watcha doin for a Livin   Wed May 12, 2010 10:12 pm

Yeah, there are a few "scary" students like that at my school
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-Dj-
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : -1

PostSubject: Re: Watcha doin for a Livin   Wed May 12, 2010 10:56 pm

i'm a chef
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: Watcha doin for a Livin   Wed May 12, 2010 11:28 pm

Yeah, this camp has a lot of nice counselors, and campers, except for the blasted 20 odd Mexicans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am just not looking forward to having to deal with being on duty for four dances out of six weeks, god I hate Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, and all of those hip hop/rap artists

Be careful with posts like this please.
You never know who here reading may take offense to something like this based on their own ethnic background.
This post is pretty close to a line imo.
Put a little more thought into what you want to put out for the community to read.

And just a little food for thought, if they were A holes regardless, then posting their ethnic background wasn't even needed.
The content of peoples character is on the inside, not the outside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Watcha doin for a Livin   Thu May 13, 2010 4:19 am

i'm a chef

I can has reciepes? What are your hours by the way? I used to pull 14-15 hour shifts in the kitchen.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watcha doin for a Livin   

Back to top Go down

Watcha doin for a Livin

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-