The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 82

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:03 pm

Awesome post there, Kratos. +1

I think the problem is that they all think are stars and they cannot play together. They have not got a clue how to do it, they don't run enough, they don't look around enough and they don't feel the colours enough. I personally think that you need an English manager who can shake the players and infuse some patriotism in there. My bf kept saying a sentence during the last matches that I think it fits, he said that they looked as if they were saying "I am a celebrity, get me out of here" (for those who might not know it is a program where they put celebrities in a jungle and made them suffer or something like that). I feel they are more interested in what commercials they are going to do, which Premier League team they are playing for, what model they are dating... anything but football. Roonie did a front page interview with his wife and kid a week before the World Cup, Lampard has been all in the press with his journalist gf, Crouch is eating pringles on TV... is all about being famous, not about being a sports legend. They don't care at all about the game, they don't care about the fans, they don't care about the hundreds of English fans who went to South Africa and spent loads of money even though we are in the middle of a financial crisis. The only games where the fans could be heard over the vuvu-whatevertheyarecalled were the English games, where fans started to sing the anthem. And then the team gets upset when they booed them... they are just so used to spend cash that they cannot see how much of an effort is for these people to go there and see that they have not even tried. People would be upset but proud of their team if they had at last tried, it is the apathy and lack of passion that people cannot tolerate.

I just hope Spain stays there, but if not, so far they have tried. I cannot blame them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Insom
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:43 pm

I would love to see Spain win as they always have had the reputation of underacheiving on the big stages until the last European Championships.

Insom loves an underdog.

Don't wanna say it too loudly but if Uruguay get past the Quarter Finals, I reckon we might have a bit of an upset from Forlan and Co.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:18 am

Eat, I think this time round we were cheering for England. We're more focused on hating france right now.
Enemy of my enemy is my friend and all that.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:24 am

Nobody needed to hate France, they were doing enough of that to themselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
omega9
Ninth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:24 am

Whats going on with France?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:28 am

Thierry Henry in the Ireland V France qaulifying match.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Insom
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:03 pm

Not to mention the fact that not one of them has a shred of confidence in their manager, justifiable considering the man is indeed a fool, but still doesn't excuse the complete lack of national pride shown by the French players.

Mind you, I wouldn't have to much pride in my country either if our captain and best player felt he had to deliberately cheat with the result in the balance.

I'm still proud of Ireland, we lost, we didn't go to the World Cup, but at least our lads lived up to FIFA's own hypocritical notion of fair play.

If Robbie Keane had done it at the other end, FIFA would definitely have stepped in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
P-A-N-I-C
First Nation
First Nation

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:13 pm

Deutschland > all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kratosXS
Sixth Nation

Nation Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:23 pm

You're right insom. The biggest insult is that they used cheating to take our place, but then they use the World Cup for their personal battles. There was no point not performing because they didn't like the manager. They were representing the French people. Besides Laurent Blanc was going to take over in a few weeks anyway. Now they're a disgrace, while Domenech has gone off on holidays not giving a care.

Seyel you're right too about the English players and appearing in the public eye. The entire team looked like they were suffering from a lack of preparation. Tiredness after a long season has come up as an excuse, but the Germans had as long a season. Perhaps the Christmas period is a bit hectic, but there has never been a Winter break in England. Yet they've never performed at such a dire level.

I think a more valid argument is that the English leagues are filled with foreign players. While this makes the league very appealing and exciting, the frailties show up when everybody goes to represent their own nations. The players play with better players at club level, and when they get together for England, they're not able to perform. I do think it's time to give someone like Harry Redknapp a crack at the whip. But I don't think the blame should be put at Capello's feet either. I think there's a deeper problem than blaming the manager, and any manager could struggle to get better out of them. The whole mindset regarding expectations has to change, and the FA have to build up again and learn from other nations how to do it correctly.

I've supported Spain from the start, but my favourite team, Holland might do it too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Insom
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:28 pm

It's pitiful, I feel had we been in France's group we'd have seen off South Africa and Mexico at least.

Based on Holland's performance earlier I'd say they are going to make an interesting quarter final against Brazil.

Holland's one touch approach seems to get a few bodies forward building up a steady attack, yet I saw Dirk Kuyt back defending today and single handedly carrying the ball out of danger, had he more support in that instance a goal oppurtunity could have presented itself. The fact that he was back shows the kind of commitment to teamwork I was used to seeing Rooney exhibit in a United shirt.

Brazil look good on the break and in spells show their Samba flair, but I think they'll be a little bit suspect at the back and the likes of Snejder and Van Persie will surely be fit to draw blood.

For Spain to advance, I feel we need to see Torres performing at the level David Villa has set himself so far, from Xavi and Xabi Alonso you are always going to get a quality ball and even if not, Torres needs to find the form that saw him terrorising defences in the PL, he is a very similar player to what Henry was at Arsenal, strong, quick, creative, could change the game in the drop of a hat. That said I can see them getting by Portugal quite comfortably tomorrow. For the sake of my bank balance I hope I'm mistaken.

With all that was said of England since their exit, little has been said of the fact that Germany, despite the slight resemblance to a creche, have experience players in various areas who are used to performing at the top level. Klose, Podolski, Schweinsteiger and Philip Lahm will definitely fight tooth and nail to see the Fatherland going at least as far as the semi's in my opinion.

Argentina need to tighten up at the back, much like Brazil they attacking and counter attacking brilliance by the shed load, but as was seen their opening game against North Korea, they can be caught out on the break. Gabriel Heinze is an excellent defender, pace, strength, great tackling and crossing ability. Mascherano can shut down an opposing playmaker if selected to man mark as he did with Kaka in the 2007 CL final. Liverpool lost 2-1 or 2-0 that night if my memory serves, had Kaka not been reigned in, it could have been 6.

As with all tournaments, we have an unexpected outsider in Ghana, the last of the African nations left, what they lack in out and out skill they compensate for with incredible heart. It'd be a fairytale to see them make a semi-final like South Korea in 2002 but unfortunately, I can see it happening.

I'd expect Paraguay to dispose of Japan without too much trouble, even if they don't I can see the winner exiting at the hands of Spain/Portugal.

For me, Uruguay, Holland, Argentina and Spain will be the semi finalists.

Holland in the final, winning if they can stop Messi. Spain to come third.

My opinions, I don't say it loud but I've been wrong before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kratosXS
Sixth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:15 pm

Iberian derby coming up. Fingers crossed for a classic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
P-A-N-I-C
First Nation
First Nation

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:23 pm

I predict Germany to be in the final with Netherlands. Germany wins. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kratosXS
Sixth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:40 pm

I hope Holland are in the final, as they're my favourite team. If they are I'll be 100% behind them, even though Spain were my pre-tournament tip. If only Holland can keep the morale high and not fight among themselves, which has been their Achilles heel in previous years, they have a chance. Germany look good too though. Anybody who gets to this stage has a chance, and the real excitement begins.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:54 pm

P-A-N-I-C wrote:
I predict Germany to be in the final with Netherlands. Germany wins. Very Happy= :D

Considering I chose Germany to win it all, I like this prediction.

Spain leads 1-0 against Portugal. I imagine Portugal will respond with a goal of its own soon enough though.
Back to top Go down
Insom
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:22 pm

Looks like my hopes of a quick 200 euro are about to get on a flight back to Lisbon.

Man down and 92nd minute.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 82

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:32 pm

Yaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very Happy= :D

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SabbathRider
First Nation
First Nation

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:53 pm

Rooting for Ghana to go through, nothing against Uruguay but it would be nice to see an African team get to the semi finals.

Cannot believe that the Dutch beat the Brazilians. Holland have been unbeaten for a while but Brazil have looked sensational up to this point in the tournament.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
omega9
Ninth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:00 pm

I wonder which country will have the larger riot....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Insom
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:19 pm

The Dutch don't have riots, the police are all mounted on unicorns.

*edit* 1-0 Ghana on the stroke of halftime. Beautiful goal, amazing left-footed curling shot for the bottom corner.

Pick it out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
omega9
Ninth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:24 pm

Unfortunately, Ghana's world cup has now ended. Though to their credit, the game had one hell of an ending.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:08 am

My brother was born in Ghana. I was rooting for them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wadey
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:30 am

Ghana was robbed (hand of god two) Uruguay hand ball on goal line cheats Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:47 am

wadey wrote:
Ghana was robbed (hand of god two) Uruguay hand ball on goal line cheats Mad

Yeah, but they were given a penalty and managed to miss it. They still should have won despite the handball and were given every opportunity. I guess the pressure of the penalty and then the penalty shootout just got to them more than it did the Uruguayans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wadey
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:50 am

Yea they did make a good mess of the shoot out .would have been cool for Ghana to make it through .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:03 am

I was rooting for them. I was quite upset when they lost. They played with so much style, heart, and passion (unlike my own team).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   

Back to top Go down

Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: