The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Insom
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:59 am

Am I the only one who wants to see Uruguay v Spain final? With Spain winning.

Villa to f**king wreck the joint.

Heart says yes for Spain to win, head says no.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 82

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:01 am

insomniac14 wrote:

Heart says yes for Spain to win, head says no.

Same here, I need to tell my head to shut up and stop being negative lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
P-A-N-I-C
First Nation
First Nation

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:05 am

That makes more sense. I've seen people whose heart didn't care and their head said Spain.

My heart and head say Germany.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Insom
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:08 am

My heart has said yes for Spain since they knocked Ireland out in 2002.

Really wanna see them do themselves justice.

Germany head says will keep scoring four goals a game til someone tells them to take it easy and stop trying to batter the goalies to death.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kratosXS
Sixth Nation

Nation Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:59 am

Sorry for the misinformation relating to the top goalscorer yesterday. I was sure Klose and Villa were joint top scorers. I guess you can just have too much knowledge in the 'ol noggin. Laughing Laughing

Holland have made it to the final. cheers Now if only Spain could get there also we'd be sure of a first time winner. That would be great for the competition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Insom
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:43 pm

Ask and you shall receive Kratos, no two teams in world football are more deserving of this opportunity in terms of quality, intelligence, passion, heart, spirit and I am fantastically happy for Spain and all their supporters and citizens.

Players like Iker "The Wall" Casillas, David Villa, Andres Iniesta, Xabi Alonso, Xavi, Carles Puyol, Cesc Fabregas and Sergio Ramos were made for the biggest games, and to come out the victor. Those men and the rest of the Spanish team and squad embody everything that football, and sport needs to be.

Not to take away from Germany, they are a fantastic side, classy, industrious, young, aggressive, and will undoubtedly be knocking on the doors of the next World Cup and the next two European championships, if a team like that improves, there is a lot to be said for them, and hopefully from tonight, they will realise there is a lot more to learn in defeat than in victory. Consolations to the German fans here, it seems that two teams dug deep tonight, and one hit the bottom of the well too soon, perhaps they should have held the trigger against Argentina because although they looked good going forward, the Spanish, and especially their captain, were equal or superior to every effort the Fatherland could summon.

The Dutch, famous for the beauty of this game in the past thanks to a certain Johannes Cruyff, should be shaking in their boots if Villa, Iniesta, and Xavi can repeat the form that has got them here. Arjen Robben and Wesley Sneijder are going to need to pull every trick, flick, turn, stepover out of the book and stuff them right down Casillas throat to pull this one out, I can't see Villa or Torres getting bullied by Van Bommel, no matter how hard he digs his stud in. Dirk Kuyt wouldn't make it into the Spanish side if he brought a wheelbarrow of cash to every training session.

My money, and you can shove these words right back at me if I'm wrong, is on Spain to win by two goals, with Villa scoring one and a midfielder getting the other if it's just two.

Come on Spain, one more step. Conquistadors anyone?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:56 pm

Well feck thats me out €75 anyway.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:31 pm

cheers cheers

Yeeeeeahhhhh!!!!!!

*dance*

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:55 am

I DEMAND REPERATIONS FROM SPAIN!

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Insom
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:23 pm

SANGRIAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:18 am

Oh fuck yeah, Got a big massive bottle of that a few weeks ago, good stuff.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strange_Notes
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 7

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:46 pm

I love shift swaps,

Now on Sunday i can watch the F1, then go down pub after, Then i can drinkl, watch football, get smashed, .. Again.. Very Happy= :D and stumble in at 4am and piss my mum off Smile

Woop!! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Insom
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:18 pm

VIVA ESPANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Thoroughly deserving World CHAMPIONS, having defeated a very cynical Dutch side, in my opinion, the Dutch should have had two more players sent off, extremely nasty challenges, De Jong should have walked for a chest kick that could have hospitalised Xabi Alonso. Van Bommel shouldn't have been on the pitch through yellow cards.

With the exception of their keeper, Wesley Sneijder and Arjen Robben, the Netherlands had a completely cynical and in my opinion gutless approach to trying to shut down a real footballing team.

People like David Villa, Andres Iniesta, Xavi, are a testament to soccer's claim as the world's most loved sport, such passion, creativity, drive, concentration, skill, and comradarie from front to back in Spain's team, no player in this tournament is more deserving of lifting that trophy than Iker Casillas.

A hero, a leader and a brick wall, congratulations to Spain and to Seyel, guess your countrymen are giving you a wedding present never to be forgotten.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reptile555
Fourth Nation

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:43 pm

the psychic octopus was correct! spain won! I wonder what else he can predict Thinking
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:20 pm

Excited

Thanks Insom!

Excited

I am sooooooo exciteeeeeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very Happy= :D

*runs in circles*

We won! We won! We won!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
eve
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 26

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:29 pm

*murmurs*

I was so pissed!

too much diving.
now i remember why i stopped watching soccer [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Insom
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:55 pm

It wasn't diving, it was piss poor tackling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kratosXS
Sixth Nation

Nation Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:30 pm

Congratulations to Spain. It was a thoroughly deserved victory. I'm delighted that the team that stuck to their ideals won out in the end. Some of the Dutch challenges warranted red cards earlier, and I'm amazed Johnny Heitinga was the only one. De Jong's kick into Alonso's chest was horrific and warrants a lengthy ban. But Holland could have finished the match literally with the goalkeeper, Van Persie, Robben, and Sneijder.

The Dutch seemed to have a pre-conceived idea that they couldn't match Spain playing football. Yet with players like those mentioned above, they have real world class players. As a Dutch fan, I would have loved to see Holland get the ball down and play through Sneijder, who is one of the best passers in the game. Robben could have won the game in normal time, but it would have been an unfair result. Holland tried to intimidate Spain, and for long periods it worked. But Spain showed that by playing the game in the right way, bullies will lose in the end. It's a shame though, because had Holland adopted a more positive approach I feel this game could have been a classic. All the ingredients were there. Both teams have outstanding attacking players, and had the Dutch tried a diferent approach, Spain's defence could have been severely tested. The Dutch concentrated on how to stop the Spanish midfield, rather than attempting to put the Spanish defence under pressure with their wingers.

All being said it was a disappointing conclusion to the tournament. I was very disappointed with the Dutch. They can't say they didn't have the players that could compete. They do. The big difference between the sides was that Spain stuck to their principles, whereas Holland forgot theirs in an attempt to bully. It's a pity, because I truly believe that if the Dutch had got at the Spanish defence in a proper manner we could have had a much better spectacle. There were players on both sides that were capable of producing a fantastic open and exciting final. It was a pity then that Holland chose to play as they did.

So congratulations to Spain. They were my pre-tournament tip. But as Holland are my favourite team, I naturally wanted them to win. I will continue to support Holland, and maybe the next time they can show the real talent they possess. One victory that the Dutch had during the tournament was the fact that they didn't press the self destruct button this time. No fallings out, and they showed a unity that was absent in the past. If they play like they can, and keep this unity, the next time could be their opportunity.

I wanted Spain to win in the beginning, and I'm delighted they did. Holland didn't deserve it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Insom
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:55 pm

Plus one
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:31 am

I wanted Germany to win so I would get €75.

Ah well. Congratulations to Spain. You work hard you earn it.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strange_Notes
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 7

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:19 am

What a borning final, Made a 10er out of i though Smile

If it was 2-0 to spain i would have made £80 Shocked Shocked

Congratz to them too Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   

Back to top Go down

Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: