The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 82

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:20 pm

Excited

Thanks Insom!

Excited

I am sooooooo exciteeeeeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very Happy= :D

*runs in circles*

We won! We won! We won!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eve
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 26

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:29 pm

*murmurs*

I was so pissed!

too much diving.
now i remember why i stopped watching soccer [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Insom
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:55 pm

It wasn't diving, it was piss poor tackling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kratosXS
Sixth Nation

Nation Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:30 pm

Congratulations to Spain. It was a thoroughly deserved victory. I'm delighted that the team that stuck to their ideals won out in the end. Some of the Dutch challenges warranted red cards earlier, and I'm amazed Johnny Heitinga was the only one. De Jong's kick into Alonso's chest was horrific and warrants a lengthy ban. But Holland could have finished the match literally with the goalkeeper, Van Persie, Robben, and Sneijder.

The Dutch seemed to have a pre-conceived idea that they couldn't match Spain playing football. Yet with players like those mentioned above, they have real world class players. As a Dutch fan, I would have loved to see Holland get the ball down and play through Sneijder, who is one of the best passers in the game. Robben could have won the game in normal time, but it would have been an unfair result. Holland tried to intimidate Spain, and for long periods it worked. But Spain showed that by playing the game in the right way, bullies will lose in the end. It's a shame though, because had Holland adopted a more positive approach I feel this game could have been a classic. All the ingredients were there. Both teams have outstanding attacking players, and had the Dutch tried a diferent approach, Spain's defence could have been severely tested. The Dutch concentrated on how to stop the Spanish midfield, rather than attempting to put the Spanish defence under pressure with their wingers.

All being said it was a disappointing conclusion to the tournament. I was very disappointed with the Dutch. They can't say they didn't have the players that could compete. They do. The big difference between the sides was that Spain stuck to their principles, whereas Holland forgot theirs in an attempt to bully. It's a pity, because I truly believe that if the Dutch had got at the Spanish defence in a proper manner we could have had a much better spectacle. There were players on both sides that were capable of producing a fantastic open and exciting final. It was a pity then that Holland chose to play as they did.

So congratulations to Spain. They were my pre-tournament tip. But as Holland are my favourite team, I naturally wanted them to win. I will continue to support Holland, and maybe the next time they can show the real talent they possess. One victory that the Dutch had during the tournament was the fact that they didn't press the self destruct button this time. No fallings out, and they showed a unity that was absent in the past. If they play like they can, and keep this unity, the next time could be their opportunity.

I wanted Spain to win in the beginning, and I'm delighted they did. Holland didn't deserve it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Insom
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:55 pm

Plus one
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:31 am

I wanted Germany to win so I would get €75.

Ah well. Congratulations to Spain. You work hard you earn it.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strange_Notes
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 7

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:19 am

What a borning final, Made a 10er out of i though Smile

If it was 2-0 to spain i would have made £80 Shocked Shocked

Congratz to them too Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   

Back to top Go down

Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: