The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
mthrfckr1002
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 8

PostSubject: England vs. USA your thoughts   Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:24 am

england going down in defeat you betcha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Insom
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:29 am

Doubtful, England to win this one 2-0.
Shouldn't this be in the main WC Thread anyway?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vrals597
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : -15

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:48 am

The WSJ has them losing to Germany in the first round after the group stage, I personally don't trust the WSJ because now that it is owned by FOX it is going to be USA, USA and let's face it what do most Americans know about soccer? Not a whole lot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Porky
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 31

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:55 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
USA and let's face it what do most Americans know about soccer? Not a whole lot
That's a pretty judgemental statement there. Hardly a fair one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eve
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 26

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:56 am

hes American,
hes allowed to say that [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoos
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:58 am

Let's go USA! What a Face

Anybody else laugh watching Maradona rock the suit?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reo
Sixth Nation

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:09 am

Glory, glory England!

I really hope Rooney will make himself a living legend with this WC!

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vrals597
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:23 am

we'll see what happens, hard to believe that there were 10 yellow cards and a red card yesterday, aren't these guys professional athletes? They should at least know how to act in an orderly way
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Insom
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:35 am

Well the cards is as much about the refereeing as the players, an early card or two can calm players down where the game has the potential to boil over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vrals597
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:37 am

And there are the games where there like 20 cheap shots and the ref doesn't do a thing, totally agree with you about the refs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raistlin
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 67

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:08 pm

Merged any World Cup threads into the Official Thread
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-Dj-
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : -1

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:23 pm

GOoooo Portugal
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:36 pm

I suppose I'm cheering for England being partly English myself. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Porky
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 31

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:50 pm

cheers GO ENGLAND!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vrals597
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:19 pm

hearing the analysts on ESPN arguing is pretty funny, always take different sides
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kratosXS
Sixth Nation

Nation Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:13 pm

As I write, Rob Green has conceded a goal. Like I said earlier, Spain have two world class goalies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-Dj-
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : -1

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:16 pm

gooo Portuguese Empire
Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoos
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:27 pm

Luck goal but we will take it! England has a ton more talent but we held it together to get the draw. Best of luck the rest of the way to our friends. I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vrals597
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:33 pm

a tie against one of the best teams in the world, something I will definitely take, as stated by Hoos of course, our group is pretty easy as it is, can't wait to cheer on Germany tomorrow, probably my second favorite team behind USA with Argentina behind Germany
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:02 pm

I was in a board meeting from 1pm tlll 5pm today so I missed the match. From the reports it looks as if England were doing their usual forgetting-to-play-as-a-team thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kratosXS
Sixth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:23 pm

Yeah eat, unfortunately they were pretty awful. The midfield was non-existent, and they spent most of the game sending long balls up to Heskey. There was no conviction in their play whatever. They had no idea how to change the pace of the game, and never looked convincing. They have a whole heap of work to do if they are going to reach the semis. You'd have to say on tonight's performance that they haven't improved since Eriksson. If they can play that badly tonight how will they cope against the likes of Spain.

I know Argentina struggled in qualifying, but they have the players to turn it on when it matters, in spite of Maradona's shenanigans. They looked in complete control earlier, and should have won by more. Spain ooze class, and have match winners all over the place. England are too reliant on Wayne to be a real threat. Gerrard and Lampard didn't even figure after the initial fantastic start. This should have given them the springboard to go on and win the game comfortably, but instead handed the initiative to USA, who in turn won the midfield battle. The best individual performances came from America, with Donovan, Clint Dempsey and Bradley playing quite well. If England are to reach the semis, a lot of work has to be done before the next match. Maybe even a different team. It is difficult to see tonight's performance being good enough against Spain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vrals597
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:32 pm

That USA goal was total luck, bounced off of the goalies hands, I personally find it interesting how Greece, who won Euro 2002 I think it is, is not a very good team currently, South Korea ran circles around them, I wish they had put South Korea and North Korea in the same group, would have made for an awesome match, don't forget that it is the group stage though, Argentina and England can get it together in time, their next two games should be a breeze
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kratosXS
Sixth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:27 pm

Oh yeah, America's goal was a total fluke, but a better team could have prevented the chance. In the build up to the goal Dempsey ran rings around Gerrard, who is one of England's world class players. Gerrard just stood off and let Dempsey get the shot away. Don't forget also that if it hadn't been for Rob Green in goals, USA could have gotten a second. I just don't think England are as good as they are made out to be, and certainly no match for Argentina or Spain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vrals597
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:31 pm

I think it should be a Spain/Argentina, Spain/Germany, or Germany/Argentina final, three of the best teams in the cup along with maybe the Netherlands, Greece got completely outclassed by South Korea today as well
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoos
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:15 pm

I don't know enough about World soccer to know if this is an accurate statement but English soccer reminds me of USA basketball. For many International events the USA would put a team out there that clearly had more talent than anybody else. Yet, they would get beat because they were a group of great individual talent but completely lacked chemistry. Also, stars were selected when there were a lot better choices out there that fit the team concept and fit better into international basketball.

I got that same feeling watching England today. I could tell that most of their individual talent was much better than the USAs. However, the US team seemed to play more as a team to try to cover up that talent gap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)   

Back to top Go down

Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread (All Others Will Be Locked)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: