Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Resistance: Fall of Man

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 15 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:58 am

I loved everything about the FoM campaign. One of my favourite levels was Manchester, where you attack in a wave down the hill going through row after row of terraced houses. That actually felt 'epic' to me. Regarding R2's checkpoints, I sometimes wonder whether they accidentally left in the ones they use for testing purposes and forgot to disable them for the release. There did seem to be rather a lot, every 10 feet or so in some cases. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 15 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 7:22 am

UnicornCharlie wrote:
I found the FoM campaign a lot harder too. I STILL haven't beaten it on Superhuman, but that's just because I'm lazy Razz Some of the checkpoints I found quite frustrating, though. I can't recall the name of the level, but it's when you are moving up the hill with trenches and turret huts to destroy a mortor battery site. I died several times there, and even if I had gotten 8 or 9 minutes into the level, I would get caught by a turret and *poof* go back to the beginning facepalm2

My favorite part of this whole game though is the Menial Beatdown. I'm sure everyone knows the part I'm talking about. Never has it been so satisfying hitting a hundred menials in the face with twin reapers Excited

If ya want I'll write a mini-guide on Friday for the level you are talking about. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
reptile555
Fourth Nation
reptile555

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 15 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 10:57 am

UnicornCharlie wrote:
I found the FoM campaign a lot harder too. I STILL haven't beaten it on Superhuman, but that's just because I'm lazy Razz Some of the checkpoints I found quite frustrating, though. I can't recall the name of the level, but it's when you are moving up the hill with trenches and turret huts to destroy a mortor battery site. I died several times there, and even if I had gotten 8 or 9 minutes into the level, I would get caught by a turret and *poof* go back to the beginning facepalm2

My favorite part of this whole game though is the Menial Beatdown. I'm sure everyone knows the part I'm talking about. Never has it been so satisfying hitting a hundred menials in the face with twin reapers Excited
I beaten FoM superhuman! I did it the lazy way and did in in co op keep player two away from the fight and when player one dies you move up player2 but still keep him away from the action so player one can respawn closer to the meat grinder! Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 15 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 5:58 pm

I always sappered those menials.
I'd build a huge freaking wall of blobs in the one elevator and barricade myself in, switch to the shotgun, and get ready to open some heads.
Guns firing

Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

Nation Reputation : 30

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 15 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 7:36 pm

Pfft, the Reaper Beatdown is the way to go. Save on ammo Wink

I found an awesome part to use the Sapper. Remember that part where you are somewhere (I am horrible with names) and you're going through the Chimeran complex, and then at the end you come upon a large, circular room, and when you open up the door to exit a Stalker come out all like RAWR IMMA EAT CHU?!

Well, all I did was threw up a wall of Sapper rounds along the entrance of the door, and the Stalker would walk into it, get knocked back, walk into it, get knocked back, again and again and again until it blew up Laughing Was an epic moment.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 15 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 7:40 pm

Nice!

That I would like to see.

Thinking

I think I know the part you are talking about.
Its been so long.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 11:38 am

Anyone up for a FoM party over the weekend?

Lets go and get LAARKED for a change.
cheers
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 6:20 pm

Porky wrote:

cheers
A sunday by chance?
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

Nation Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 6:22 pm

Porky wrote:

cheers

Be nice to the newbies? Very Happy= :D I maybe have a grand total of 50 online kills.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

Nation Reputation : 30

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 7:12 pm

I'm up for this, if I'm available Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
reptile555
Fourth Nation
reptile555

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 7:13 pm

I down with sunday....I think scratch
Back to top Go down
Kilmory
Sixth Nation
Kilmory

Nation Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 15 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 am

Porky wrote:

Lets go and get NEKKID for a change.
cheers

I'm up for that!

Will have to be evening (our time) as we have house guests during the day and they would be scared by my manly moobs.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 15 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 10:24 am

-Six- wrote:
Porky wrote:

cheers
A sunday by chance?
Was thinking Saturday evening/night UK time due to time differences and the fact that most of us here don't go to bed until late Sunday morning lol, but could work something out for Sunday I guess.

Lol, nice edit Killy.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 15 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 5:42 pm

I see.
Sunday is the day I have open 100% and can get on early enough to catch ya guys.
But if youre all gonna be up late than it shouldnt matter which day for me.

If I can make it, Im there.
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 15 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 6:05 pm

I can't go this Saturday because there's an astronomy event up at Caprica SFU so I probably won't be around.
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 15 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 11:15 am

Sad

Will someone play online with me so I know what everyone's talking about with these wonderful maps everyone seems to refer to so fondly? I keep trying to get into Ranked games but for me it's worse than trying to find games in R2.

Even if they're just unranked games, but with all the settings of ranked games.
Back to top Go down
whatbearisbest
Seventh Nation
whatbearisbest

Nation Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 15 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 11:30 am

look up mofo's psn name. he loves this game and taught me a lot, I'm sure he'll be happy to play
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 15 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 11:38 am

I cant now az but would if I could. If you are around tonight maybe?
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 15 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 11:45 am

Tonight seems to be a big family reunion with a lot of out of towners, so not tonight. Just sometime when a couple of people can get on would be great.
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 15 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 1:18 am

DP because I can.

I forgot how much fun this was. I finished a second playthrough (for the first time) and got to try out some of the new games I didn't see the first time around.

The Dragon is cool, although I'm not sure how to get the secondary to work. I like the green fire. Very Happy= :D
I don't like the Arc Charger. I just don't.
The Reapers remind me a lot of the Needlers of Halo - which do a lot better job.
The Splitter was meh.

For some reason I never tried the Hailstorm's secondary fire when I first got it, and I have no idea why because I doubt I'll ever use its primary fire again. It's just too awesome.

I think I freaked out a Stalker with the Hailstorm's secondary: I was going up a Chimeran tower and I had opened the door with two buttons and it came out. I shot the secondary behind it when it walked forward so the "turret" would hit the Stalker's power core. I think I got it confused it because I was in front of it and it was getting hit behind, so it kept on walking and fell of the ledge.

Oh. Well that was easier than I thought it would be. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 15 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 12:12 pm

Triple post because we want to get a big party together on Saturday. Jizzy's idea.

We want to see if we can get a 40-player map going. I guess we see if people can come on Saturday and if so when.
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 15 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 4:38 pm

Saturday at what time? I may be able to get in on some of the old school fun Smile
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 15 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 4:47 pm

I'm off, if I have time to play Ill be there!!
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 15 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 6:00 pm

I think the idea is to name times you're okay with and then to find something that tries to accommodate the most people. I don't have any times yet.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 15 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 6:11 pm

Real life doesn't give times, but I'll try to be on in the evening time.
Rolling Eyes

Laughing

Wink
Back to top Go down

Resistance: Fall of Man

View previous topic View next topic Back to top