The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

You Know You Play Too Many Video Games When...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: You Know You Play Too Many Video Games When...   Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:49 am

The idea of this has been thought up of before (Definatly remember seeing something like this on myres for the Resistance game) and was reminded of it when having seen a low flying single propeller plane flying over head while on my smoke break and thinking "Enemy UAV Detected!" This will encompass all games.

You know you play to many video games when a low flying single propeller plane flying over head while on your smoke break has you thinking "Enemy UAV Detected!"

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by eattheword on Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 'to' changed to 'too' in thread title.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: You Know You Play Too Many Video Games When...   Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:52 am

To help get it rolling, I'll use one I did on Myres

You Know You Play To Many Video Games When...

you start referring to every day chores as "missions".

"Honey. Can you take the garbage out?"

*sigh*

"I hate this mission."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: You Know You Play Too Many Video Games When...   Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:53 am

You Know You Play To Many Video Games When...

You start seeing yourself leveling up in work (o.O)

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: You Know You Play Too Many Video Games When...   Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:58 am

That sounds familiar, Six. lol

...when you begin to see a targeting reticule in the center of your vision.

...when you pass a motorcyclist and your thumb twitches to the side. (True story. Too much GTA.)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpongeBobNoPants
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: You Know You Play Too Many Video Games When...   Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:03 am

...when you hire a prostitute and shove monopoly money down her garments.
facepalm2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eve
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 26

PostSubject: Re: You Know You Play Too Many Video Games When...   Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:47 pm

when your dad talks about it....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Toxxy
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 23

PostSubject: Re: You Know You Play Too Many Video Games When...   Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:50 pm

You Know You Play To Many Video Games When...you duck when an aeroplane fly's by shouting
HARRIERS!
Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: You Know You Play Too Many Video Games When...   Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:59 pm

Your parents start calling all the guys you play with on a regular basis your boyfriends. Embarassed

Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Porky
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 31

PostSubject: Re: You Know You Play Too Many Video Games When...   Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:20 pm

When you start calling your real life friends by their psn or vice versa Rolling Eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 82

PostSubject: Re: You Know You Play Too Many Video Games When...   Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:16 pm

Porky-Peg-Leg wrote:
When you start calling your real life friends by their psn or vice versa Rolling Eyes Laughing

Lol
I have done that. Laughing

... you look at high buildings and imagine where the snipers would be hiding.
... you throw a ball of paper into a bin and instead of doing the "basketball" move you throw it and say: "grenaaaaaaade!"
... you get to know new bands because they have a song in a new game...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhillyPride88
Second Nation

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: You Know You Play Too Many Video Games When...   Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:32 pm

You know when you have played too many video games when you are listening into your headphones during a walk and try moving the microphone that doesn't exist.

(Just a back story, when singing on Rock Band, I use a headset (actually for every game) and the mic portion moves. I was walking last night, listening to Mp3's, singing, and found myself trying to move and imaginary microphone closer to my mouth) Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
omega9
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: You Know You Play Too Many Video Games When...   Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:55 pm

When you start stating out real people in the framework of your favorite RPG.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Charlie
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: You Know You Play Too Many Video Games When...   Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:20 pm

You know you play too many video games when you add a point to your kill/death ratio every time you kill a fly at work.

Sadly enough, I know somebody that does this Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Insom
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: You Know You Play Too Many Video Games When...   Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:41 pm

Stealing this one blatantly from the old thread.

You know you play video games too much when you......

...............imagine getting a medal for peeing with 80% accuracy.
...............refuse to pay your plumber and tell him the paycheck is in another castle.
................wonder why hedgehogs aren't blue in real life.
...............want to swap party members if you're friends are being dicks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: You Know You Play Too Many Video Games When...   Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:16 am

YKYPTMVGW...

you look at the floor in your room and think... damn.. this looks a lot like the wasteland... GAHH. RADROACH!! D:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: You Know You Play Too Many Video Games When...   Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:16 am

Lolz Josie. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: You Know You Play Too Many Video Games When...   Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:55 am

insomniac14 wrote:
Stealing this one blatantly from the old thread.

You know you play video games too much when you......

...............refuse to pay your plumber and tell him the paycheck is in another castle.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: You Know You Play Too Many Video Games When...   Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:01 am

When you refer to your games as "Your Babies"

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation

PostSubject: Re: You Know You Play Too Many Video Games When...   Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:16 am

when you check and ask your controlers if they'd had enough to 'eat' (recharging)

You dash around the house, trying to get any chore done within 30 seconds so you can get the 'veteran level'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: You Know You Play Too Many Video Games When...   Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:26 am

SayberBANG! wrote:
You dash around the house, trying to get any chore done within 30 seconds so you can get the 'veteran level'
Laughing
I've got Bed Making Veteran level 2, and Trash Removal 6. That's right. I play TOtT (Take out the Trash) all the time. In Bed Making though I hardly get to finish a round. I keep getting an attention span error and dc'ing.

....When game consoles and TV sets are enough to take care of your winter heating bills. (Another true story about a friend of mine. Saved a ton in the winter by constantly having friends over playing on four different sets. Shocked)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: You Know You Play Too Many Video Games When...   Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:30 am

...That works in my bedroom in the winter...

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: You Know You Play Too Many Video Games When...   Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:38 am

Unfortunately, it works in mine in the summer. That's largely responsible for the overheat of my former hard drive. Neutral Handy in winter though. Just the one TV is enough.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: You Know You Play Too Many Video Games When...   Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:05 pm

You know you play to many video games when....

....You have all of the main people you play with on speed dial or in a "group" on your phone so you can easily mass text them when you have free time... yes this is me.

....You have 2 PS3s and 2 360s just because you don't wanna have to walk all the way down stairs to play.

....Your animals instantly look depressed when you pick up the controller and get excited when you set it down...

....When you refer to your sunglasses as protection from UAVs rather than UVA and UVB
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: You Know You Play Too Many Video Games When...   Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:06 pm

lol

Those are good ones
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation

PostSubject: Re: You Know You Play Too Many Video Games When...   Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:10 pm

when you walk your dog.. you 'take cover' and use your dads hiking stick as your 'sniper' so you can scope out the area before moving ahead.. Embarassed

whenever you see a ball being thrown around you yank the nearest person to the ground in one of those weird 'get the heck down!' tackles... because you thought it was a greanade.

You sneak behind your parental unitz and do some ghosting.. to 'upgrade my sneaky knifey attack skillzz yo'

you do commando rolls to get across the floor so 'the enemy wont detect me as my weight is evenly distributed across the weight sensitive flooring' <--- sooo much fun ^___^

you have mastered the 'feign death' so whenever your mum starts yelling about cleaning up, she notices you have fallen asleep and sneaks away quietly...
or if she comes to check on you.. jump up, scare her.. and then disappear like a ninjaaaaahhh Cool
(just be prepared for the chase of your life pale )

'securing the package'.. is really just making sure you get the last piece of cake...

'moving precious cargo' .. is just you making up excuses so you can take the trash out slowly... pretending its a highly sensitive bomb.

you yell 'area secure' after searching the room before letting anyone sit on the couch.

during movies in the theater, you constantly check your six for 'enemy patrolers' aka. those whiney little kids that throw popcorn at you... and you will take them out.. by any means necessary Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Know You Play Too Many Video Games When...   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: