The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

The Sixth Nation of Gamers Community Awards

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Jon1798
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 17

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation of Gamers Community Awards   Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:26 pm

Azira wrote:
Razz

I've had a chance to back up the messages now.

And in case anyone's curious, Dingo's votes are in green and yellow text.

Color me surprised. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation of Gamers Community Awards   Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:26 pm

Azira wrote:
And in case anyone's curious, Dingo's votes are in green and yellow text.

You know, I can't say that doesn't surprise me Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation of Gamers Community Awards   Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:48 am

Well he did get onto a comp

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Insom
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation of Gamers Community Awards   Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:40 pm

He'd get onto anything that pup of ours. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation of Gamers Community Awards   Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:57 pm

It's the truth lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation of Gamers Community Awards   Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:19 am

Just a half way reminder.

Votes should be in by the end of this month. You still have a couple weeks, so dont rush.
But dont forget either. tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation of Gamers Community Awards   Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:37 am

-Six- wrote:
Just a half way reminder.

Votes should be in by the end of this month. You still have a couple weeks, so dont rush.
But dont forget either. tongue

That may be easier said than done...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation of Gamers Community Awards   Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:56 pm

You know, it's really too bad I can't change my votes now. There's one I'd like to change. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation of Gamers Community Awards   Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:59 pm

Azira wrote:
You know, it's really too bad I can't change my votes now. There's one I'd like to change. Razz

Sounds suspicious lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 82

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation of Gamers Community Awards   Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:53 am

when is the deadline for this? At the end of the month? Started to write the PM but as I was not sure about a few, I decided to wait for a bit.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation of Gamers Community Awards   Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:00 am

I am directing you to the OP and where it says

Quote :
We'll deadline it as ALL votes must be in by the end of July.

Nananana

I dunno... so um yeah watch this

:Coffee1:

What you want now?!

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation of Gamers Community Awards   Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:16 pm

Yeah I figured around the end of July. Last couple of days or so. That way Az and I can add and hopefully get winners posted in the first week of Aug.
If I had used my brain I would have created the topic out of the Calendar and an end date would be right there for all to see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation of Gamers Community Awards   Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:17 am

Ooh, kinda excited to see these awards go out! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation of Gamers Community Awards   Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:42 pm

About one week left to get your votes in!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation of Gamers Community Awards   Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:35 pm

One of maybe 2 more reminders.

Voting will end this next weekend coming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation of Gamers Community Awards   Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:07 pm

Ehh, whoops....

Been too busy trying to find the RYNO V holoplans to do my votes lol. I'll get on it ASAP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation of Gamers Community Awards   Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:33 pm

Did we decide on a minimum post count in order to submit entries?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation of Gamers Community Awards   Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:10 pm

Azira wrote:
Did we decide on a minimum post count in order to submit entries?

Neutral

Let me pm you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nobody
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation of Gamers Community Awards   Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:55 pm

why are yearly member awards awarded in the middle of the year? why not do it at the end of the year.

plus after you have several years of it, you'd be referring to awards at the "funniest member 09-10" instead of "funniest member 2010" for example

also you have a best male and best female member, but why just a best member too?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation of Gamers Community Awards   Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:54 pm

nobody wrote:

1.why are yearly member awards awarded in the middle of the year? why not do it at the end of the year.

2.plus after you have several years of it, you'd be referring to awards at the "funniest member 09-10" instead of "funniest member 2010" for example

3.also you have a best male and best female member, but why just a best member too?

1. We just decided to do it when the idea came up about a month ago. It's all just in fun.

2.True

3. A great idea. I guess its one that I over looked myself as I'm always looking for the next MVP or Loyalist and have other means of awarding the "best" members. So to get that perspective from a user is good. Thanks.
I think it's definitely something we should add for the next years set. A part of me wonders if it will just be pitting boy against girl. Most likely the Best Member would be either the Best Male, or Best Female as voted by users, but I guess it's hard to say.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
nobody
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation of Gamers Community Awards   Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:18 pm

-Six- wrote:
nobody wrote:

1.why are yearly member awards awarded in the middle of the year? why not do it at the end of the year.

2.plus after you have several years of it, you'd be referring to awards at the "funniest member 09-10" instead of "funniest member 2010" for example

3.also you have a best male and best female member, but why just a best member too?

1. We just decided to do it when the idea came up about a month ago. It's all just in fun.

2.True

3. A great idea. I guess its one that I over looked myself as I'm always looking for the next MVP or Loyalist and have other means of awarding the "best" members. So to get that perspective from a user is good. Thanks.
I think it's definitely something we should add for the next years set. A part of me wonders if it will just be pitting boy against girl. Most likely the Best Member would be either the Best Male, or Best Female as voted by users, but I guess it's hard to say.

why not either postpone this until the end of the year. (not likely since it looks like a lot of the voting is already underway) or do it again at the end of the year, especially with the new members that have come since the u2 tournaments myself included.

Also at the other forum where we did this we had someone make user bars so people could display them in their sigs. So for example I won most sarcastic user 2009, and 2008. Its kinda cool to display that sort of stuff in your sig for others to see. instead of it just being in that thread and quickly forgotten when everything is over.

and by userbars I mean like this

thats a random one since the user bars I was talking about we lost when the site got hacked a couple months ago, and we had to move to a different site
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation of Gamers Community Awards   Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Actually, I'm really not against postponing it. But then we need to discuss how to roll from here.
Technically, the votes in would still apply for the most part, but I understand some people may want to make changes by then (being years end).

I'm a bit torn. The summer felt good cause it's when people are out and off and "On break", but the benefits of waiting out weigh having them now.

I'd really like to hear from more of everyone. New users, vet users.....it's your voice, community, and therefore...awards. Don't be shy. We wait and redo? Amend?
Discuss please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation of Gamers Community Awards   Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:04 pm

"Yearly" awards don't necessarily have to be at the end of the year, they just have to occur on an annual basis.

If we wait, then the newer users can come in and vote too, but the thing is, there will always be new users. I don't want any of the new users to feel brushed aside, but if every time some new users came in and requested a postponement, then there would never be any awards awarded.

I don't want to seem all stubborn or anything, and I do see that the newer users would like to participate. I just want to emphasize that we can't keep throwing the reset switch all the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A_Bloody_Bunny
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation of Gamers Community Awards   Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:15 pm

YaY for Christmas in July!!!

well said Azira Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Insom
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation of Gamers Community Awards   Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:15 pm

While nobody is making a hell of a lot of sense, the sentimental ol' bugger in me is inclined to say I think the awards should push ahead as originally scheduled.

I think the MVP and Loyalist system are sufficient for awarding consistent and high quality posters in both the medium and long terms, for the time being, although a best overall member award should definitely be considered, not that it is, ever has been or ever will be an issue here with the members present, but the best overall poster, friend and gamer should be recognised outside of gender boundaries.

What I would suggest is turning this thread to polling and discussion of nobody's idea for a few weeks to see what the general consensus among the forum members is.

If you are to decide to postpone, I'd close the voting at the end of november to allow yourself and Azira.........and possibly by then other volunteers, time to count up and rest over the christmas period and announce the winners in the run up to the new year.

Postponing will also allow the graphics group time to work on sigs or userbars for the winners, if they were asked to kick into gear now, they probably wouldn't be able to keep up the exceptional standard they've set.

Heart says stay the course............head says be patient and the whole thing will come off much better.

*Edit* Azira, as usual, makes complete sense and really dicks up my already derailing train of thought. tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation of Gamers Community Awards   

Back to top Go down

The Sixth Nation of Gamers Community Awards

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: