The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Official NBA Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Official NBA Thread   Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:14 pm

Hello my fellow Nation goers. This thread will be used to discuss NBA basketball! Talk about your favorite teams, current trade rumors, free agency, etc. with other members.

So to start things off, what does everyone think of the free agency period thus far? How do you feel about Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh joining up in Miami? Where will LeBron James play next season?

I'm personally taking a wait and see approach on the whole Wade/Bosh duo. Granted, it's always nice to have two superstar players on a team, but what about their supporting cast? I guarantee this team will not win a championship if there are no other players around them. Past champions like the 06-07 Spurs and the 07-08 Celtics won because everything wasn't pinned on one or two players. The Spurs won because the Big 3 (Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker) had an excellent set of players surrounding them, such as Bruce Bowen, Michael Finley, Robert Horry, and Brent Barry. The Celtics Big 3 (Garnett, Allen, and Pierce) recieved support from Glen Davis, Kendrick Perkins, and up and coming star Rajon Rondo. The current roster for the Miami Heat is lacking. The only two players that I would remotely call "supporters" are Jermaine O'Neal and Michael Beasley, and both of those guys are subpar players at best. If the Heat don't pick up some other good players, I have a feeling they will recieve yet another first round exit from 10-11 Playoffs.

As for LeBron, I have not jumped on the "He's Leaving Cleveland" bandwagon. Let's face it, he was born in Ohio, was raised in Ohio, and plays in Ohio. The city of Cleveland absolutely loves him there. Why he would want to leave there is beyond me. Sure he wants a championship, but he can't rush it. It will come in due time, I guarantee that. The Cavaliers are not a bad team, they just need a couple more key players to get over the hill. LeBron just needs to stay patient.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official NBA Thread   Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:30 pm

LeBron James is going to the Miami Heat as well...I'm disappointed in this move to be honest.
Back to top Go down

Official NBA Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: