The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Cooking ideas, Receipes or Favourite dishes to prepare

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Cooking ideas, Receipes or Favourite dishes to prepare   Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:59 am

The title says it all.

I love cooking, I love trying new things so what I am going to do is show some of my meal ideas and a few receipes. I hope you will also place in yours.

Beans and toast are acceptable.

To start off. When cooking something on the pan, I prefer to use Olive oil. Gives the food a lovely taste.

Each amount of whatever is per meal of two people.

Lets start with a simple Fry Up, Liam style.
What you need:
4 sauasages (Denny's or Clonakilty is a personal favourite)
4 slices of rashers (This is not the American style bacon that looks like a thin little strip, I'm talking real rashers.) (Really getting into the maple rashers at the moment)
4 slices of white pudding (Denny's nice thick slices)
4 slices of black pudding (Clonakilty nice thick slices, careful with this also as it crumbles easily when cooking but well worth the taste)
2 eggs
Tomatoe
Mushrooms (Not an eater of these myself)
Olive oil
Knob of butter
Basil

Now a lotta people think a fry up is bad and it is if you have it every day and prepared by sticking everything in the fying pan or deep fat fryer. I prefer to use the oven.

Preheat the oven to 200 celcius.

Get yourself a nonstick oven dish and pour on a tablespoon of olive oil onto it, and smear it around the dish.

Take your sausages and roll it around putting some oil on them. Place in your black and white pudding, your mushrooms and your tomatoe, cut in half with the cuts facing up. Sprinkle on a bit more olive oil, don't go mad with it though. Put some basil on your tomato and sprinkle some on the meat too. Pop it in the oven to cook. But do not turn.

When the meat is half way cooked from the bottom now is the time to add the bacon, and turn on the grill. The heat from the dish will cook the bottom, and the grill will cook the top giving you a nice crispy texture without burning. You will also at this point be add the eggs. Now whats handy for the eggs is to have a smaller oven dish, almost like a cup. Place the eggs into the dishes, with a knob of butter, and place under the grill as well. The thing with eggs though is that some people like it hard and some like it soft for the dipping. So what you could do is pre-heat the dishes so that when the eggs get put in they are already cooking from the bottom (It doesn't take much heat to cook an egg, and when doing scrambled its recommended to cook them on a low heat to stop the sticking and burning taste) and the top gets the blast of heat it needs to stop food poisioning. Remove when ready, the eggs will continue to cook as your plating up so if you like it soft, this could be an issue, however if you pull it out on time, say 2 and a half minutes of heat you should have a firm egg that should still be good for that dipping into the yolk that will be flowing with goodness and not samonella.

Take your meat out when browned to your satisfaction, place onto a paper towel to remove the excess oil then plate up and enjoy.

I'll be adding more later. Mighty even do pictures.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: Cooking ideas, Receipes or Favourite dishes to prepare   Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:46 am

Mamma’s basic pasta sauce (:

Ingredients
*A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.

*1 onion finely chopped

*A few cloves of garlic, crushed (mamma does like 3, sometimes more, sometimes less)

*One Chilly or more if you prefer. Or none at all if you don’t want a bit of heat.
(We have this little jar where all these diffo chilies are in, and mixed with olive oil. Seriously, don’t put more than a teaspoon of this stuff. My dad is a chilly lover… so he puts more in... But unless you wanna cry, keep it to one... Or even half. And that’s just the oil! Or you could add a few pieces of the cut up chilies if you want. Btw, chilies in oil will literally last forever! All you gotta do is keep topping the oil up and its good as new Wink)

Meat chopped up into cube looking things
(Usually veal or pork. If you want you can do chicken Very Happy= :D)

*Bottle of sauce.
(We use Lego sauce; it’s the 700g bottle)

*Salt & pepper to taste (:

Method.

1. Grab your pot, turn your stove on a high-ish setting and drizzle some olive oil in. just enough so when you chuck your garlic and onion in it will sizzle and whatnot (we have an electric stove, so we put it on the highest setting which is 10)
2. Straight away chuck in the garlic and onion. Just let them sit until they start cooking. During this time you could be cutting up your meat Wink
3. Once the onion and garlic have gone kinda translucent, add the meat in. Let it start to brown on all sides.
4. Open the bottle of sauce, and pour in. Then fill the now empty bottle ½ ways to ¾ ways up with water. Put the lid on the bottle, shake it around to get all the sauce off it, and pour into the pot.
5. Turn the stove down so it’s at a moderate heat. Too high and you’ll burn the sauce, too low and it will take a reeeaallly long time to cook, unless you want to let it slowly cook of course.
6. Add as much salt and pepper as you want. And give it a good stir.
7. Let it simmer , and leave it on for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally so it won’t burn.
(You can cook it for longer if you wish to have a thicker sauce Very Happy= :D Mamma always changes the amount of time she cooks it. It really depends on how thick she wants it and what time at night she wants to eat dinner.)
8. Once it’s cooked, serve with your pasta! It works well with both long and short pasta. Cool
Enjoy!

NOTE: this can be made at like lunch time if you don’t want to stand around waiting for it to cook. All you gotta do is heat it up once you got the pasta in the pot of boiling water and your all good to go!

-----
i think i got everything scratch
this is the basic pasta sauce we almost always have whenever we cook pasta (:
its reeally good.
you can always add a couple of spoons of a Basil infused tomato sauce/paste. To give it some more flavour.
Cause this is basic, you can add herbs and switch up a few things to make it your own.
Just really experiment and change things until you make one that you reaaally love (:
you can easily add basil or parsley, and extra things.
Like with this sauce, you could use something similar to make a kinda saucy base to cook your veggies in, which is what my mamma did the other day, and it tasted amazing with the rice (:

so yeah, Go nutz with this one!
Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Cooking ideas, Receipes or Favourite dishes to prepare   Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:49 am

Liams 3 Cheese Salad served with Orgasmic Ciabatta Pizza. (<= Wish I could claim this as my own title but it was actually a customer when I did the kitchens) plus I think its one of my easiest ones.

Salad Leaves: Lollo Rosso, Cos, Tango, Rocket & Red Chard.
(If you don't feel like getting all these seperatly another good thing is to get the pre-packed Baby Leaf Salad bags)
Cheese: Smoked Austrian, Edam, Cracker Barrell
Tomatoe cut into eights.

Simply place the salad at the side of the dish, Leaves in a slight pile, spread the cheese and the tomotaoes about.

Ciabatta Pizza:
Two Square Ciabatta breads
One chicken filet (cut into strips, Sprinkled with Cajun)
Tomatoe puree
Half an onion (Diced)
Herbs (Basil, Oregeno & a Prepacked Mix Herbs Sprinkler)
Bell Pepper (Sliced)
Proper Mozzerella Cheese (that comes in the packet of water and is round that you have to slice yourself)
Sweetcorn (dependent on the person, I just love sweetcorn on my pizzas)
One Bottle of Moet

Open your bottle of wine and let it breathe while you prepare dinner

Sauce Base:
Use the tomatoe Puree, with the herbs in a bowl and add some olive oil to it so that its not so think and mix through. Spread around your Ciabattas (now cut in half) you can spread it on like you would butter, but for myself I like a lotta sauce. Don't be worried if some of the sauce gets into pockets in the Ciabattas natural air pockets.
(One thing, I have tried this with a tablespoon of the wine in the base. I'm not a fan of it, but some people like it.)

Toppings:
On the frying pan cook up the chicken strips in some olive oil, until all the pink is off the surface. You can cook for a bit longer if you wish just to be safe.

Dice up the onion, slice up the pepper and place it on your Ciabattas with the sauce on it. Place your chicken on as well. Two strips per slice should be sufficient.

Take your Mozzerella, nice thick slices and place over the toppings.

Place into your preheated oven at 200 Celcius.

Let it cook, 15 minutes tops or until you see the cheese start to brown around the edges.

2 Slices per person, place beside your salad, Pour out your wine and enjoy.

(Kids like it too apparantly (o.O))

Think I'll do a desert next... and a starter.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: Cooking ideas, Receipes or Favourite dishes to prepare   Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:49 am

Simple Tuna Casserole

Ingredients:
2 boxes of macaroni and cheese
2 cans of tuna
1 can of peas
1 can of cream of mushroom soup

Instructions:
Prepare mac & cheese according to box instructions.
Open and drain tuna.
Open peas, but do not drain fully. Add small amount of butter and peas to a microwave safe bowl and heat for four minutes.
When macaroni is done, drain and replace in pot. Add tuna, peas, cheese sauce, and soup. I also suggest a healthy amount of pepper.
Heat further until it looks done. (ie, around 5 more minutes or so)
Stir a while more and let cool.
Finally, nom.

Why, yes, I am a bachelor. However did you know? tongue
Not a superb meal, but it is tasty and filling. Also feeds 4 people for about $7. Economy over quality.

Great. Now I'm hungry. Thanks, Liam. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Cooking ideas, Receipes or Favourite dishes to prepare   Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:16 am

I gots the mad craving for my pizza now myself.

Simple desert.

Liams-cake (Yea I know it uses a pastry shell base making it a tart but I make it so I call it what I want)
Pastry base, premade or pastry cups if you can find them. (250grams I think is what I use, have to be sure)
Philidelphia cream cheese.
Sugar
Cream (3/4's of a pint)
Tin of Manderin oranges.

Get your block of cream chesse cut it up, three tblspoons of sugar and your 3/4's of a pint of cream, and mix in a bowl until thick and creamy (Prefer to do it by hand whisk so I don't over do it.)

Spread out on to the base or place in cups.

Open your tin of manderin oranges and drain.

Place on top of the filling and leave in the fridge for an hour or two.

*Droools*

oh yeah and the cream cheese mix makes a good dipping for sliced fruit. Damn good dipping.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
omega9
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Cooking ideas, Receipes or Favourite dishes to prepare   Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:23 am

Bowl of cereal.
Ingrediants:
1 bowl
1 spoon
1 Box of cereal

Preparation:
1. Obtain materials necessary for creation of desired meal.
2. Carefully pour cereal from box into bowl. Avoid causing fire.
3. ??????
4. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Cooking ideas, Receipes or Favourite dishes to prepare   Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:25 am

Omegas Toast recipie
Toaster
Bread
Fire extingusher.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
omega9
Ninth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Cooking ideas, Receipes or Favourite dishes to prepare   Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:27 am

I got that one from a family member (his eyebrows grew back eventually).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Cooking ideas, Receipes or Favourite dishes to prepare   Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:32 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Cooking ideas, Receipes or Favourite dishes to prepare   Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:34 am

Whats up with the words Corn Flakes and Milk on the packets been backwards?

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
omega9
Ninth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Cooking ideas, Receipes or Favourite dishes to prepare   Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:37 am

Thats how Germans roll...?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Cooking ideas, Receipes or Favourite dishes to prepare   Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:37 am

That is weird. I didn't notice. Maybe they flipped the negative.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Cooking ideas, Receipes or Favourite dishes to prepare   Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:27 pm

This is a recipe for Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. It was originally from foodnetwork.com BUT I made some of my own changes to it. Makes 24 awesome cupcakes.

Cupcakes:
2 1/2 cups Flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cocoa powder (fn's recipe says 1 teaspoon)
1 cup buttermilk at room temperature
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
2 large eggs at room temperature
1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (calls for 1 normally)
red food coloring

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and put cupcake papers in a muffin pan.

2. In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder.

3. In a large mixing bowl beat the buttermilk, vegetable oil, eggs, vinegar, and vanilla extract with a handheld electronic mixer on low. Add the red food coloring until you get a color of red you are happy with

4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix until everything is completely combined and smooth.

5. Fill each cupcake tin about 2/3 of the way. Bake in the above for about 20-22 minutes. Halfway through turn the pans. Test with a toothpick for doneness. Remove from oven and let cool completely.

WHILE the cupcakes are baking I usually make the frosting.

Cream cheese frosting: This is 1/4 of the normal recipe cuz I don't like a ton of frosting but if you do doubling this would be the perfect amount. your frosting would be 3 inches high if you used the normal recipe.
4 oz. cream cheese softened.
1/2 stick of butter (1/4 cup) softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar

1. In a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla together.

2. Add the sugar on a low speed.

3. Increase the speed to high and mix until light and fluffy.

4. Refrigerate (easier to spread when cold)

Frost the cupcakes, and add raspberries, strawberries, or pecans on top.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Cooking ideas, Receipes or Favourite dishes to prepare   Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:28 pm

omega9 wrote:
Bowl of cereal.
Ingrediants:
1 bowl
1 spoon
1 Box of cereal

Preparation:
3. ??????
4. Enjoy!
No milk in your cereal?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-Dj-
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : -1

PostSubject: Re: Cooking ideas, Receipes or Favourite dishes to prepare   Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:36 pm

iRideAPalmer's cupcake recipe:

your forgetting something in your cupcake recipe Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Cooking ideas, Receipes or Favourite dishes to prepare   Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:03 pm

not that i know of?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
omega9
Ninth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Cooking ideas, Receipes or Favourite dishes to prepare   Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:25 pm

iRideAPalmer wrote:
omega9 wrote:
Bowl of cereal.
Ingrediants:
1 bowl
1 spoon
1 Box of cereal

Preparation:
3. ??????
4. Enjoy!
No milk in your cereal?
Nope.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Cooking ideas, Receipes or Favourite dishes to prepare   Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:43 am

My steak with bacon and tomatoes (:

You needz:
Utensils
2 pans. One small (for the bacon) and a larger one (for the steaks)
A sharp knife.
Chopping board.
Tongs
Ingredients
Steak
(I cooked 5 palm sized pieces. Oh and btw, they do shrink when ya cook them... So don’t cut them too small... and don’t cut them too thick! Can be bought already cut, or just get some good quality meat and slice it yourself (Smile

1 clove of garlic
Olive oil
Black pepper
4 cherry tomatoes
1 really juicy and red tomato
(None of that really pale and tough tomato crap. -.-)

5 rashers of bacon
(Like that reeaaallly good middle part... ya know what I mean?)

Method (:

1. Have your two pans ready. DONT TURN ON THE HEAT YET!! Otherwise yeah... you’ll be freaking out like i was :S
2. Trim any excess fat and rinds off the bacon, and then place the bacon into the SMALL pan.
3. Dice your juicy tomato roughly and chuck it in with the bacon.
4. Peel your clove of garlic, and finely dice it/mince. You can use a garlic crusher if you don’t wanna hand mince it. But cuz I have a weird thing for cutting things into tiny cubes, I do it with my knife. Place the garlic in a little container.
5. Put your steaks on the chopping board. They should be already sliced. If not... then you can slice them nao i suppose Razz
6. Grab a bit of garlic, and place some on each of the 5 steaks. Rub the garlic in on one side only.
7. Drizzle the TINIEST bit of oil on the steaks; massage it in on that side.
8. Crack some pepper over the top.
9. Place the steaks in the pan... THEY SHOULD NOT BE ON... yet... >.> with the garlic side DOWN.
10. Drizzle a bit of oil on the other side which should now be facing UP. And massage it in.
11. Crack some more pepper on the steaks.
12. Cut your cherry tomatoes in half, or quarters and chuck in with the steaks. If you want you can add like herbs or onion... but i cbf so i just did the tomatoes.
13. NAO TURN THE STOVE ON! Thankyaa (:
14. Cook your steak however you would cook a steak in a pan. I left it on one side for a few minutes, and then turned it over. I then put a lid from a pot... it doesn’t have to fit perfectally, its basically to help those juices the steak and tomatoe make, evaporate, yet leave a nice taste (:
15. The bacon, just cook like you would bacon. The tomatoes will give off juices, and the bacon will soak it up... YUMMEH!
16. Just before you turn off the stove, add a bit of salt to the tomatoes on the bacon, and if you want, salt your steaks too.
17. Turn off the heat and plate up (:

AND THERE YA GO! My little steak and bacon and tomato... thingo? Laughing
The bacon is REEEAALLY goooood. Like... Seriously good... and the steak... zomfg... *droolz*
This was like the best steak I’ve ever cooked... and i didn’t burn it!! YAY! (:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cooking ideas, Receipes or Favourite dishes to prepare   

Back to top Go down

Cooking ideas, Receipes or Favourite dishes to prepare

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: