Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

DC Universe Beta

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

DC Universe Beta Empty
PostSubject: DC Universe Beta   DC Universe Beta EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 7:38 pm

It seems Sony will be doing a beta for DC Universe. You can sign up for it in the link below.

http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/en/beta/

Last edited by RatchetH22 on Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

DC Universe Beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Beta   DC Universe Beta EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 7:51 pm

what is an beta??
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

Nation Reputation : 15

DC Universe Beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Beta   DC Universe Beta EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:00 pm

This is interesting; it's like City of Heroes but with an actual iconic franchise and mythology.
Back to top Go down

DC Universe Beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Beta   DC Universe Beta EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:09 pm

wadey wrote:
what is an beta??

A beta occurs when a company releases an early build for the public to play. The main point of this is to gather feedback from people, as well as to find bugs and glitches that still plague the game.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

DC Universe Beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Beta   DC Universe Beta EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

RatchetH22 wrote:
wadey wrote:
what is an beta??

A beta occurs when a company releases an early build for the public to play. The main point of this is to gather feedback from people, as well as to find bugs and glitches that still plague the game.

Thanks Ratchett i have always wondered what that ment
Back to top Go down

DC Universe Beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Beta   DC Universe Beta EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:16 pm

wadey wrote:

Thanks Ratchett i have always wondered what that ment

No problem Wadey, glad I could help. Very Happy= :D

I personally hope I get into this beta. Looks like an interesting game to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

DC Universe Beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Beta   DC Universe Beta EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:18 pm

you sey you hope to get i dos that mean they have to pick/invite people to play betas
Back to top Go down

DC Universe Beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Beta   DC Universe Beta EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:22 pm

wadey wrote:
you sey you hope to get i dos that mean they have to pick/invite people to play betas

Yes. Just because you register doesn't mean you will actually get in. A while back I signed up for the Mod Nations beta, and I unfortunately didn't get in.

Usually beta codes are sent out at random, but occasionally a company will specifically invite people into one. (Insomniac Games did this for Resistance 2).

For this specific beta, I have a feeling it will all be up to chance.
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 83

DC Universe Beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Beta   DC Universe Beta EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 1:57 pm

wadey wrote:

I wondered for about 5 minutes if you were talking to me ... facepalm2

Rolling Eyes I find your posts confusing... Rolling Eyes

When you register for a beta you only apply for the chance to get selected. Sometimes this is done at random, sometimes they just give them to the first people to apply, sometimes they try to have a system. However, it does not meant you get to play the game early, it usually means you get to test the game before it is release, which means that it could be little more than a draft of the game, it could be almost ready but with loads of bigs, it could be great but with awful graphics or you could be lucky and it could be ready and they just want to test the online servers and fix the last bugs.

They usually ask for feedback, and in some cases this feedback is mandatory. If you are a Playstation Official Beta Tester (the ones chosen through their Beta site and/or forum) you need to play and report in every game, if you fail to do so over twice in a row they might not send you more betas. Other betas are specific for each game and the codes for them are given for pre-ordering the game, being a subscriber of some gaming related magazines or simply registering and aplying in certain websites.

Good thing is that you are able to get an idea of the gameplay, test some features and see it before its release. Bad things are that sometimes are full of bugs, but that is what you are there for: to report them and fix them. Love betas myself, I apply for almost everyone I see, lol
Back to top Go down

DC Universe Beta

View previous topic View next topic Back to top