Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Killing Floor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

Killing Floor Empty
PostSubject: Killing Floor   Killing Floor EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 8:04 pm

Anyone play this?

It is one of the few PC games I play. Its a lot of fun.

Its sort of like Left 4 Dead, however instead of trying to get from point A to point B you need to survive the waves of enemies. It is also class based. Each class can do anything any of the other classes can do, but they are just better at certain things. For example everyone can heal themselves, and heal others, however the medic can heal more damage at a time and heal more frequently. He also gets a speed boost and increased armor efficiency. One of the few exceptions is the berserker class (melee class) they cant be grabbed at all. (it isn't like L4Ds being grabbed where you need your team mates to save you, it just stops you from being able to walk, if you get grabbed you can still turn around and shoot the guy grabbing you to get free) You also can level up each of the classes. It isn't like most games where it is just get XP to level it up. The things you have to do make sense. You level up the medic by healing people, level up the sniper class by getting head shots with certain weapons, level up the firebug (flamethrower class) by doing fire damage. etc and as you level up the classes the boosts in abilities you get increases. For example the demolition class starts off with +5% explosive damage 25% explosive resistance 10% discount on explosives and 75% discount on remote explosives. and by level 6 (the max level) he gets +60% explosive damage 55% explosive resistance 70% discount on explosives 93% discount on remote explosives Can carry 11 grenades and 8 remote explosives Starts with an M79 and a pipe bomb.

There is a lot more stuff, but I am trying to avoid a wall of text, which it has already become.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

Nation Reputation : 30

Killing Floor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killing Floor   Killing Floor EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 11:23 am

Hmmm, sounds really cool. I have never been much of a PC gamer, but I've been known to pick up my laptop everyonce in a while Razz

So is it an FPS then? Or a third-person ordeal? Sounds like a nice class based system though, which a lot of games fail at. I mean, why would a medic be able to shoot a bunch of guys and gain a bunch of levels when he did very little... medicing Thinking Good to hear this game fixes that. Also, how old is it? I'd be willing to give it a try, but my laptop is a piece of crap and I have to run any moderately new games with the lowest possible settings Sad
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

Killing Floor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killing Floor   Killing Floor EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 11:48 am

yea, it is an FPS. its relatively low settings.

Its also only 20 USD on steam. and they have added a ton of free stuff. They added 2 grenade launchers, a katana, and AK-47, a fully automatic shotgun with a 20 round clip Twisted Evil a medic gun (shoots darts that heals players, so you dont need to get right up next to a player) and the demo man class (I think they added more, but thats all I can remember) and they are releasing more soon. Like a new weapon for the firebug. The only thing that costs anything is the skins (2 bucks for 5 or 6 skins)

Also one thing I really like that is what makes it so much better then L4D imo is that this is a (6 player) co-op survival game, but they dont force co-op on you like L4D. In L4D most of the special infected would basically stun you and to get out you had to have a team mate by to save you. So you had to stick together. It literally forced you to stick together. In killing floor you'll need to stick together because you wont survive if you dont. You can try to go out on your own and it is possible to succeed, but there is a really good chance that you will get surrounded and beaten down without the help of your team mates to hold down an area.
Back to top Go down

Killing Floor

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sixth Nation Gaming :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Shooters-
Jump to: