Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Bioshock: Infinte

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation
iRideAPalmer

Nation Reputation : 37

Bioshock: Infinte - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: Infinte   Bioshock: Infinte - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 11:56 pm

I posted an article on the facebook page that explains the ending. Spoiler filled

This link no spoilers
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
The_Freak
New in the Nation
The_Freak

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: Infinte   Bioshock: Infinte - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 12:46 am

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Actually, the first appearance is before that.
Spoiler:
Well yeah, but I was meanimg the first cjance you actually get to see them.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: Infinte   Bioshock: Infinte - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 7:00 am

I'm about 2 hours into my Hard playthrough (my third playthrough !), using a guide so I get all the collectibles. It's slow going but I'm nearly at the Hall of Heroes already.

The fights are not too bad, died once so far and I am purposely not buying anything from the dollar bill machines as further practice for 1999 mode and the two trophies that go with it. I need to work a bit more on avoiding damage as much as possible but I am sure this hard playthrough will help a ton with that too.

The game itself is still awesome, it was a real toss up whether I would get this on launch week and it payed off big time.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: Infinte   Bioshock: Infinte - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 4:37 pm

Ok only the 1999 playthrough to go . I finished the game on hard yesterday without using a dollar bill machine (as practice), half way through the game I had only died twice but that changed through a few annoying fights near the end of the game. Any help with these fights ?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: Infinte   Bioshock: Infinte - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 8:57 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: Infinte   Bioshock: Infinte - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 5:14 am

Ok I am at the hand of the prophet but I've been playing heaps today so I am calling it a day, will get my platinum trophy tomorrow.

1999 mode itself isn't too bad, the thing that makes it hard (particularly near the end) is the constant lack of ammo. Since I can't buy anything from dollar bill machines it's really hard to scavenge enough ammo to get me through bigger fights. I would be gutted if the trophy for avoiding buying from the dollar bill vendors glitched and I didn't get it.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: Infinte   Bioshock: Infinte - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 6:14 am

Finished 1999 mode earlier this evening. Final chapters were nothing too hard and I only died 4-5 times on the command deck fight (it's still a very frustrating battle, I have just had a lot of practice with it) . With that being said I also got the platinum for the game after 4 playthroughs Very Happy= :D. What a game, expect a glowing review within the hour !
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: Infinte   Bioshock: Infinte - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 6:09 pm

I'm still a little awestruck by the ending... And just, the rest of this goddamn beautiful game.

Although I wish I could get that feeling again, stepping into the chair and being shot up to Columbia seeing the city in the sky for the first time, I got goosebumbs it was so beautiful.

Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: Infinte   Bioshock: Infinte - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 7:35 pm

jolli wrote:
I'm still a little awestruck by the ending... And just, the rest of this goddamn beautiful game.

Although I wish I could get that feeling again, stepping into the chair and being shot up to Columbia seeing the city in the sky for the first time, I got goosebumbs it was so beautiful.

Yes I loved it too ! I felt the same way during the bathysphere entrance to Rapture in the original Bioshock.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: Infinte   Bioshock: Infinte - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 10:58 pm

The whole game is beautiful, one of the finest games I have ever played.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: Infinte   Bioshock: Infinte - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 3:58 am

\_(o.o)_/ yeah it was alright. This isn't me trolling or trying to get a laugh. I just thought it was alright and have played better. I don't get all the "BEST GAME EVAR! ZOMG!" comments I see from people (Not here, you guys post reasons as to why you all consider it such a good game).

I just can't see it the way you guys do. It's standard fair to me...
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: Infinte   Bioshock: Infinte - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 6:34 am

Well when you say you have played better are you referring specifically to the gameplay ?. The gameplay is the most controversial part of the game, it's what will make or break it when GOTY approaches. I personally loved how it played but I do know that a decent number of people don't find it nearly as good as I do. There were some tedious battles but only on hard difficulty settings which shouldn't really be counted, some people found the skylines disorientating, I thought they were the best part of the gameplay.

You are definitely not the only one who didn't think so highly of it, the internet has boiled over due to the ending and the fact that a super hyped game actually lived up to it's hype in the minds of many players. But there are some people who didn't like the game so much, heck, the IGN Playstation editor who I follow on twitter is finding the game to be a chore to finish.

As an unrelated side note, I don't think the game is perfect, there are issues which I mentioned in my review but I was honestly having to scratch my head to find faults. It personally has my GOTY vote so far but there are great games to come like GTA V and LoU. No game is flawless but for me it came closer than arguably any other game I have played. It was just the complete game for me, but that is just my opinion, each to our own Wink .
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: Infinte   Bioshock: Infinte - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 6:57 am

Nothing about the game was tedious to me. It was all good, challenging and fun in parts, made me think. But it just didn't wow me... It was like "Meh." It was good... but not great...
Back to top Go down
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation
iRideAPalmer

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: Infinte   Bioshock: Infinte - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 9:14 am

I will say hard difficulty made a huge difference for me. Jeremiah bumped it up to hard when he started playing cuz he didn't think it was challenging enough on normal
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: Infinte   Bioshock: Infinte - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 9:37 am

Perhaps the best part of this game isn't playing it, but replaying it.

They've written a very solid narrative (which is rare enough for these days), but the thing is that they've woven so much into it so very subtly.
Spoiler:
This is all stuff that you would never come close to getting on your first playthrough.

That's not to say the game is without flaws or plotholes, but I find them small enough to be forgivable.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: Infinte   Bioshock: Infinte - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 9:36 pm

i put 2 hours into it so far. I was never a huge fan of the series but I have played both games once through (I think i played the 2nd a 2nd time) but so far I dont really like the direction the series has gone. I feel more like I am playing cod with a bioshock skin. than I am playing a bioshock game. I really enjoy the game....except for the core gameplay mechanics. I enjoy being immersed in the world, in exploring and discovering stuff. I even enjoy beating the shit out of people with the melee attacks. but what I do not enjoy is what the meat of the game is supposed to be about. I do not enjoy shooting people in the face with very traditional weapons, and powers that are basically the same as things found in traditional shooters. relying on regenerating health and picking off my opponents and hiding back down while I regenerate health.

O also i turned off a lot of my HUD. I cant magically see what is lootable. I actually need to explore and see for myself what can and cant be looted.

and so far there has been 1 really awkward moment. I walked in on this

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: Infinte   Bioshock: Infinte - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 3:16 am

nobody wrote:
i put 2 hours into it so far. I was never a huge fan of the series but I have played both games once through (I think i played the 2nd a 2nd time) but so far I dont really like the direction the series has gone. I feel more like I am playing cod with a bioshock skin. than I am playing a bioshock game. I really enjoy the game....except for the core gameplay mechanics. I enjoy being immersed in the world, in exploring and discovering stuff. I even enjoy beating the shit out of people with the melee attacks. but what I do not enjoy is what the meat of the game is supposed to be about. I do not enjoy shooting people in the face with very traditional weapons, and powers that are basically the same as things found in traditional shooters. relying on regenerating health and picking off my opponents and hiding back down while I regenerate health.

O also i turned off a lot of my HUD. I cant magically see what is lootable. I actually need to explore and see for myself what can and cant be looted.

and so far there has been 1 really awkward moment. I walked in on this

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Could you clarify what you mean by powers found in traditional shooters ? Bioshock's Vigors are pretty unique in a shooter. Im surprised you are playing this game. You didn't seem to really like the Bioshock series, so bravo for trying it out..
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: Infinte   Bioshock: Infinte - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 5:03 am

i mean like I got what I thought at 1st was a cool fire power, but its just basically a grenade. and when you get the shield i was like cool a new power hopefully something interesting, nope just regenerating shields.

in general i dont have any problem with the bioshock seriesi just dont think it is super awesome like a lot of people seem to think. I actually really enjoyed the 2nd one a lot.

aside from action adventure games one of my favorite genres is the offshoot FPS genre. games like timeshift, turok, and singularity (I really wanted to love legendary but boy is that such a piece of garbage) are some of my favorite games this gen. but bioshock infinite plays much more like a main stream shooter with some mild reskinning.

Also I really hate far cry 3s shooting mechanics just the same, but I love far cry. I never had to use those shooting mechanics. I used the bow, RPG and shotgun for the entire game pretty much.

EDIT: i found this rather funny....right after making this post I went on youtube, and saw that there was a new game trailer for the xcom shooter (now being called the bureau: Xcom declassified, and in it was this comment

Quote :
you're trying too hard, perhaps bioshock infinite gave you the impression that games don't have to have good gameplay as long as the story is good it will all be forgiven, but as soon as gaming stops being "in" you will see how bad it really was, just like skyrim, and call of duty before it.

this is the video btw [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: Infinte   Bioshock: Infinte - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 6:37 am

I don't understand the hate for the gameplay in Infinite, it's great imo. You use traditional weapons yes, but some of the vigors are really imaginative like undertow and murder of crows. Plus there are skylines which can make battles super awesome, gliding around shooting down foes and opening tears can create some cool situations.

I really don't see your point about the gameplay being poor when so many other shooters out there give you much less options and are much less imaginative.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: Infinte   Bioshock: Infinte - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 12:07 pm

Murder of Crows is a very simplistic distraction tool with some mild damage thrown in. there is little in the way of planning. see what I remember most about the bioshock games are the ways your powers would interact with the environment using things like your electric plasmid to hit enemies when they are in water, setting up traps with the rivet gun at choke points etc. sure I have noticed the gas spots on the ground in infinite, but what good does that really do when your only fire attack is a giant explosion, makes the gas spills seem obsolete. and sure every power can be used as a trap, but since they all do that its just a matter of using it in a choke point.

Skylines are quite enjoy, and make the gameplay quite fun (partly for the fact that it means I can hop on and off skylines and not need to shoot them, I can just land on them)

I never once said the gameplay was poor. I said I did not enjoy it....much like how I did not enjoy the shooting in far cry 3. I acknowledge that it is very good. but that doesn't mean I enjoy it.

Also while typing this up a realized that perhaps dishonored has spoiled me with what to expect in terms of powers both in creative tools on their own, and with how they interact with one anothe and the environment.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: Infinte   Bioshock: Infinte - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 4:55 pm

I got Dishonored on the way so I can compare it to Bioshock. I hope the story is as compelling.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: Infinte   Bioshock: Infinte - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 5:36 pm

I have heard Dishonored doesn't have the best story but I haven't played it so can't give a real opinion.

In regards to your post Nobody, I mistakenly assumed that you thought the gameplay was poor because you quoted that guy who said so. Usually when someone quotes something it is to prove a point.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: Infinte   Bioshock: Infinte - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 6:13 pm

dishonored is about the gameplay.

I didnt neccesarily agree with the quote. i just thought it was funny seeing that after what I had just posted myself
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: Infinte   Bioshock: Infinte - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:27 pm

I can finally read spoilers!

I loved this game. Need to 1999 mode now...over summertime.
Back to top Go down
timpanogos
Third Nation
timpanogos

Nation Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: Infinte   Bioshock: Infinte - Page 7 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 9:01 am

What seems weird is that several key players of the development/production of Bioshok Infinite has/are leaving the company. I wonder what is going on politically inside that is causing this?
Back to top Go down

Bioshock: Infinte

View previous topic View next topic Back to top