The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Gaming chairs?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 82

PostSubject: Gaming chairs?   Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:11 pm

Christmas gets closer and I was thinking on possible presents for my other half. I was considering buying one of those gaming chairs that have the loudspeakers integrated, USB charger, sometimes vibration syncronised with PS3/Xbox, etc. The thing is that I would need one really comfy, he often suffers back pain and being 6ft 2" (or around 1.88m) he cannot have one of those "junior chairs", which are cheaper too. Anyone out there has one? What are they like? Is it a good investment?

I was thinking something like these:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
X-Rocker Pilot Gaming Chair (£79)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: Gaming chairs?   Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:38 pm

My little brother has one. (I say little brother, but he's a bit taller than me now.) It seats an adult.
Imo, it doesn't really add anything to the experience. It just makes the noise come from behind you instead of the TV. He doesn't even use it anymore.
If your husband is into that sort of thing, then I'd suggest looking at surround sound systems. Probably more expensive. Probably a lot more. pale But they do accomplish the same thing without requiring a chair taking up space, and can be used with all TV entertainment, not just games.
2 cents

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Gaming chairs?   Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:56 pm

Thinking I am not that bothered about the sound, tbh; it is more about the position and how comfy it is. For me, our sofas are great, for him are rubbish as his back bends too much. I wanted something where he could play for hours without hurting his back. Thinking Is there any other solution that does not involve buying new sofas? (We are renting, so we cannot change the furniture).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Gaming chairs?   Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:58 pm

Thinking
Why does he have to bend? Is it his height? The height of the TV he's playing on? What about the location of the sofas? Is it at an odd angle? You are allowed to rearrange the furniture, right?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Gaming chairs?   Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:41 pm

They are alright, a bit akward, specially to get out of.

I wouldn't go for one of them if he has a back problem, I would go for something more solid/stable, Like an armchair/office chair variation where he can be comfortable.

For myself, I was using a simple arm chair, then an office chair and now a rocking chair. I miss the office chair.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Gaming chairs?   Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:51 pm

Thinking

Our sofas are not really firm, for me it is ok, but for him is really painful after a while.
I want something with good support, that you can lay back and be comfy. Aren't those gaming chairs any good then? Not even the £100+ ones? Thinking We have an office chair, normal one, but he is not comfy there either. I think that being that tall it is difficult to find support for the whole back.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Gaming chairs?   Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:47 pm

They're not really sized for tall people. Sad
Are you allowed to bring in your own furniture? If so, then I'd suggest a recliner. I have an old, broken one I'm using for a computer chair. It's comfy enough. For gaming I just use the bed though. TV's right at the end of it. I lay down and sit up as I need to.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Gaming chairs?   Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:31 am

Well I think your best bet would be to go around with him and try some out so he can see for himself, better to be sure than not.
Those gaming chairs are simply set on the ground very low so again I dunno what it would do.

Edit: Dunno if this is anygood but [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I want one.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Gaming chairs?   Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:17 pm

Neutral Sorry, I did not quite understand what you meant. Did you buy one? Are you going to buy one? Do you sell some? Are you recommending that website?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kilmory
Sixth Nation

Nation Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Gaming chairs?   Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:40 am

There be spammers in this 'ere thread.

Don't touch it Sey. Just posting to spam us with his website. I delete it if you can.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I wanted something where he could play for hours without hurting his back.

Ditch him, marry me! I love you

My wife hates the PS3 and it gets switched off as soon as she gets in the house!

I agree with the majority here I think, Get a proper recliner chair which will support his back.

Gaming chairs are for kids that can tollerate bad posture and rolling around on the floor. Imagine your back locking up and then trying to get out of that thing!

I fully support getting a surround sound system! I have one and can hear where the shots are comming from (which is handy, 'coz on an SD TV I can rarely SEE where they are comming from).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kratosXS
Sixth Nation

Nation Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Gaming chairs?   Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:03 am

Good news, good news.

I don't have to worry about what type of chair to get, because.......

BAD NEWS, BAD NEWS

PS3= YLOD = Smashy Smashy with a sledge hammer and pickaxe. The last was particularly good at ripping through the metal bits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kilmory
Sixth Nation

Nation Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Gaming chairs?   Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:37 am

Damn, I know your pain. Sad Happened to me a few months back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Gaming chairs?   Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Good news, good news.

I don't have to worry about what type of chair to get, because.......

BAD NEWS, BAD NEWS

PS3= YLOD = Smashy Smashy with a sledge hammer and pickaxe. The last was particularly good at ripping through the metal bits.

You had me at smashy smashy

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaming chairs?   

Back to top Go down

Gaming chairs?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-