The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

ARG, anyone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:44 am

Well, that definitely fits in with the Shadow out of Time story.
The only difference is that in that story the main character was completely possessed for several years, not for snippets at a time.
Thinking
The typos in the last line... Typo or some kind of clue.
Shrug
Maybe I'm reading too much into the little things. I even ran the word from his other response, 'snurglefarb', through a translator to see if it meant anything in French because he followed it with 'Parlez vous'. Surprisingly, it only means 'snurglefarb'. lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 82

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:00 am

I tried snurglefarb too, with no luck. No idea what it means. scratch

The typos are all about the "o", missing in "also" and added in "with". Might be just a typo anyway...

If this were an ARG made by a company, then I would be reading even into the commas lol. Not sure who is making this one, but probably some group of friends or the guy himself. Shrug It is going slow, which is bad and good I guess. Bad because I just want to play and good because I have plenty of time to catch up. Unless he is doing what any other ARG usually does, which is giving people the chance to hop in during the first week. It has been only 3 days, so we will see.

I think we can almost be sure that the direction he is taking is the one in that book. Where does it go from there? No idea, lol Shrug

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:42 am

*RELATED OFF-TOPIC* (whatever that means)

JS mentioned that "there may be a part of a fiction that addresses how they meet up" (Capelli and Hale's step sister). I am hoping for an ARG on that Excited

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:42 am

So did I help? Ye're confusing me. I'll be over there in the corner but mostly cause I don;t know whats going on. I've done an ARG before. Never got the hang of it.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:32 am

That's cool, just throw in any ideas, that is what this is about Very Happy= :D

New vid is up!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Comment:
Quote :
Some late night thoughts. Sometimes I wonder if shadows are reflections of what could have been, and not what actually was?

I will have a look at it in a sec, playing MAG

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:43 am

More emails at Unfiction. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This vid is weird, kind of connects the shadows, his gaps, his insomnia... In the email he mentions the possibility of creating another blog too. I wonder if he eventually falls into this "amnesia" and we have to follow the steps to retrieve him, or find out what has happened to him whilst unconscious, so we "help" him to get his life back by "investigating" what happens when he is in this "state". Or maybe not. Thinking

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:46 pm

Umm...why hasn't anyone asked what exactly it is he has (or thinks he has) seen?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Umm...why hasn't anyone asked what exactly it is he has (or thinks he has) seen?

I did, I asked "Have the doctors told you what happens? Do you have any dreams whilst in that state or are you completely unaware?" He skipped the doctors' explanation and only replied to the dreams bit. If he goes with the Lovecraft theme, then he cannot really say any real illness, I guess.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:55 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] New vid.
Went out to buy a bike.
There is a military base on his way home.
Also a Mexican Restaurant.

comment:
Quote :

went shopping - bought a bike!

This is getting weird, lol.
It is going really slow, slower than usual, and there are no clear clues as to what is going on or what we have to do... Thinking

I hope the guy has not used the ARG tag to get us all interested in his randomness... lol

I guess we have to find where he lives?

We know it's in Arkansas. Any military base around there?

comment to his vid, from himself:

Quote :

tempusumbra
16 hours ago

I was going to put a link to the bike I got but can't find a picture online. It is used and apparently they don't make it anymore. It's a blue Raleigh Passage 3.5 - good shape, though, you can tell it's been taken care of. Can't wait to go exploring!

Zach-

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:28 am

There is a military base in Little Rock, Arkansas.
This base is around 17 miles away from Little rock to the northeast.

Zip code, name, area code: 72076 Little Rock AFB (501)
Nah, no luck. There are too many restaurants between Little Rock and the base:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I remember that when I looked at cities with his name (Zach and Baldwyn) there were around the same area of the U.S. map, wonder if it is just a coincidence. I might try to see if they make any triangle or anything, maybe the middle point is the clue.

Shrug

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:39 pm

And a 6th one!!!!

Quote :

Here are some random shots from the neighborhood and some of the trails in the woods. Also some weird concrete box thing out in the middle of the woods.

HE FOUND A WEIRD CONCRETE BOX (Edit: nah, nothing that special)

I AM THE FIRST ONE TO WATCH IT!! Shocked

Last edited by Seyel on Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:43 pm

Liquid and slime are central in Lovecraft's imaginery [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Nothing new really after watching the vid. Water, forest and this square/box thing made of concrete. I guess he might find something eventually there... no idea...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:17 pm

Random and not really helpful, but for about a month I lived in Jacksonville area. We went and did our shopping in Sherwood. Sadly, this doesn't give me any real knowledge of use.

However, I do there is also a military base in Corning, Arkansas, another in Pocahontus, and a third near Blytheville.

More to the point, Corning in about 100 miles away from where I live. If he is in the area, then I might be able to do something if needed.
Thinking

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
If he is in the area, then I might be able to do something if needed.

Omg, I just had this vision: you go and kidnap him. Then we continue the ARG so people have to guess where he is to free him... wouldn't it be cool? ...

.. wouldn't it? No? ... ok... Embarassed Forget it...

Laughing

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:41 pm

Yeah, um...I have a confession to make...
I am the shadows.

I've been ninjaing his brain for some time now.
Why? Boredom.

Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:28 pm

I sent him that pic of the bike and asked him if it was that one:

Quote :

Oh yes, that is it! Without the rack on the back, but I even have a water bottle in the same place. I like it - very sturdy but still light weight. Good on the street and good on trails. Not a real mountain bike, but good on paths. Thanks for the link - I'm going to post it on my blog.

I used to be an accountant. Please no jokes.We are not really as boring as people like to think. Look at me - I deal in facts and numbers and I ended up seeing things.

Interesting ideas about recording my dreams. I'm wondering if I should focus more on them, though, I'm trying to get myself more grounded and learn to push my "visions" out of my mind.

Yes, I'm actually not too far from Little Rock - how did you know? Not the closest town, but it's the local "big city" - even though just a small town by New York standards

So Little Rock it is Very Happy= :D

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:25 pm

Quote :
Found some old installation - looks like it hasn't been used for a while. Going to explore inside tomorrow a bit.

My name appears in the comments in his channel Shocked
He credits me for the pic of the bike, lol

He mentions Humphrey Bogart twice, Casablanca and The African Queen. Amazing films.
The old installation has warnings around it. One of them says something about Hazard... bounce

EDIT: Could it be of any significance that both films he mention are based in Africa?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:25 am

Quote :
Sorry - still trying to figure out where stuff shows up on Youtube depending on whether I make it a bulletin, comment, or whatever. Bear with me. Calculators I understand, computers confuse me. So let's see where this ends up...Did you also get my rant on nigerian bankers and youtube "helpers"?
Noticed this in the channel comments. Didn't see any other videos.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:50 am

Quote :
I guess you could say I'm sort of retired right now. No family, no kids, I didn't spend a lot of money so I've got some in the bank. Good thing, too, I'm really not up for a regular job just yet. Maybe in a while...I have no clue what the box could be, or even what's in the box. But I think it shows that there was once stuff happening even out here in the country. It looks like all farms and woods and stuff now, but there seems ot have been more here once. Like that fence around...something...I found today. There is a military base not too far in the nearby town of Pine Bluff. I think they do some weapons research or production. Some of the locals like to tell stories about secret work being done there. One guy even said they had aliens there like the supposed Area 51 out west. He was smiling a bit at the time so I'm pretty sure he was just having a little fun at the expense of the new guy from the city. I'm sure nothing so mysterious goes on there - just bombs and bullets I suppose.I'll try to remember my dreams. I haven't been able to remember them for a while, but maybe that will change with time out here in the country.thanks for writing!
(bold is mine)I guess none of you have sent an email, haven't you? lol

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:12 am

New stuff up!

There's a second, somewhat better maintained gate inside the first.

Strange interference at the end. I think it says, "Sentinel controlling (or maybe 'patrolling') network. Alert." Which repeats a few times.

Comments on the noise. Said he didn't hear it there, so it must be something the camera picked up.

Seems to be picking up a bit. Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:44 am

Why is he without cap in the first video and he has it back again in the second? There were upload with just an hour difference. scratch

I wonder if there is more in that "interference", he might be pointing at it so people listen to it more closely? What would it be needed to see if there is something else there? Download the vid, make it mp3 and look at it in a spectogram? Or other kind of audio program?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:17 am

3 new videos up.
First one he rambles on about how he made bread from scratch before saying he'd gone back out there.
Second one he rambles on about how he has a date with someone named Karen that he met in a bookstore while they were both looking for spy novels before posting a short vid of the second gate which has the same interference on it. Pretty sure it says "Sentinel Control Network" this time.
Third one is posted 3 hours later with him addressing the interference again, and basically just repeating himself from the other vid about how he didn't hear it.

It's starting to seem like the ARG is just something he wants to stick in at the end of his blog. Rolling Eyes Still, anything could be a clue, I guess.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:07 am

Neutral This guy is taking it slowly. He better starts it, 8 days now: I think it is time!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:25 am

Found by Atemys (Unfiction)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:37 am

Ok, loads of things: (from Unfiction)

seadevil4 wrote:

Ok there are four buttons on the left hand side which are clickable:

Looking at the page source looks like they go to:

Event Log
Analysis
Archive
Diagnostics

2 events in the Event Log, one with a proximity alert and sensor failure. The other is showing Zach walked up to gate.

Perhaps we should tell him [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Analysis gives access to what appears to be a basic A.I.
Archive requires a retrieval code but it says the Archive is Corrupt
Diagnostics tells us everything is work apart from Gate 1

Page Source of Analysis Page: 117 responses. See attachment
(attachement in Unfiction or through the website directly)

Cortez wrote:

Nice find. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

If you type something into the analysis box, it comes up with 'Don't you ever say hello?' If you then say 'hello' it asks you what you'd like to discuss. Some kind of basic 'Eliza' AI program judging by the source.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    

Back to top Go down

ARG, anyone?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: