The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

ARG, anyone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:11 pm

You know, there's no log of him walking around with the camera. Is this something I should just be suspending disbelief on?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 82

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:26 pm

Idk. I guess that it also could be different vids, the first one he goes around to check and gets recorded by the camera. Second time he goes around to record it and log do not take him? Idk... I think it is one of those things I am overlooking, I am assuming he did not have budget for two cameras, one for him whilst being filmed and one for whoever is filming. Lol. But yeah, I guess that could be considered kind of a film error? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:29 pm

Yeah, that's what I'm guessing.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:36 pm

Some mails at UF

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:18 pm

PROXIMITY DETECTED
GATE 1 FAULT
GATE 2 SECURE
GATE 3 BREACH
INTRUSION DETECTION CLASS 2
EMMISSION DETECTION DETECTION
BUNKER SECURE
ARTIFACT STATUS SECURE
SENTINEL CONTROL ACTIVE

Emission detection has changed. New event log 101020 SZ

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:38 pm

That sure is odd! One doesn't generally just pass out like that. Just what has been emitted here? Thinking

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:53 pm

Shrug I was thinking that maybe it is not a dangerous substance, but something that triggers his "dreams".

It was only 10 secs, like the people with that illness that makes them sleep suddenly anywhere for short periods of time, even whilst walking.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:55 am

Found something!! Excited

First time I am ahead of something! Yaaaaaay!

Extra response line and extra keyword, plus variables. We might be ahead of something:

keyword[ 5]=new key( "CODE", 118, 118);

response[ 26]="Have you tried?" + s + t + k;
response[ 49]="Have you tried " + s + t + k + "?"
response[118]="That is not the right question."

var s = "xxx"; --> var s = "719";
var t = "yyy"; --> var t = "332";
var k = "zzzz"; ---> var k = "1320";

No keyworks rooting to responses 26 and 49. The s, t and k variables had changed to those numbers. No idea what can it be. Coordinates? Can anyone see if they match a place? I have no idea about coordinates. Embarassed

Very Happy= :D

I had email:

Quote :

Sorry I didn't write back sooner - didn't feel so hot yesterday. Still don't. No bread for me today but I'll try your advice.

Camera - well I don't know how long these videos you are talking about are, but now that I think of it I did look around first for a bit before taking the pictures. After looking around then I decided what was interesting enough to video and then recorded that.

Haven't told Karen about any of this - don't want her to think I'm nuts.

Sorry - I'll write more later. Don't fell so hot.

Quote :

Thankls - yeah still feel pretty bad today. Someone suggested maybe a gas leak of some sort. That would explain the headaches. Didn't sleep well last night - weird dreams but I can't quite remember them. Hope this clear up soon. No exploring today that's for sure.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:37 pm

Ok, go to UF for screencaps of the flashing images that appear in the eventlog. I have uploaded them there. They say:

oOOooOoo

oOOOoOOo

oOOoOOOo

oOOoOOoO

oOOOoOoO

oOOooOoo

oOOOoOOo

First two are the same as last two. Blue is mine.

Do you think letters from logs could have anything to do? There are also 7.

KF
LC
JM
DX
EG
SZ
JN

Idk what they can be. No binary, can't get the Morse to work... scratch

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Just in case, that website has a few software/websites for decoding stuff. Might be useful in the future

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:12 pm

I noticed they keep referring to "Rot 9" or "Rot 19" when talking about the cryptogram binary transmissions. I'm guessing that means it's a known cipher. Would explain how they cracked it so fast. lol

Thanks for the link. Definitely a useful thing.

I'm keeping up, but I'm not sure where to proceed from here. Just checking out info as I come across it.

Those pages are working for me again. Odd how it was only the two though.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:41 am

Unfiction has a resources area ... which I have only just found Rolling Eyes

There scrolling down there is the ROT-x , also called Caesar.

Yeah, it was weird you were the only one with the problem :idk:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:44 am

Happened again just a bit ago. Eventually went through.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:38 pm

New vid blog, new vid in the sentinel web, new password, code has been decyphered, etc...

Embarassed Sorry, I am in quite a rush today lol.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:34 am

New vid up, Sey. Smile
Old Zach's not looking so hot.
Thinking
He's pretty much spelled out a mental invasion of some kind. Something opposed to his contacting the men (or possibly women; can't tell in those suits) in white.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:49 am

It is quite disturbing that one. I feel sorry for him even though I know all this is fiction! Neutral Has his hair turned grey?

I think the next step will be us trying to contact the Sentinels or getting the whole report from the research so we get to find out how to save Zach. What do you think? He cannot contact them directly, because of trespassing issues.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:01 am

I am so lost in this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:21 am

Lol Six Laughing

A brief summary: That guy with glasses was an accountant living in NY. He suddenly started to have some strange dreams and memory gaps. Doctors do not know the reason but tell him to go to the countryside. Guy takes map and points to a random place. He moves there. This place is Pine Bluff, Arkansas. He is all positive about the move and starts to do a video blog about his new life down there. He buys a bike, meets a nice girl and starts exploring the area. He finds some old abandoned place and decides to go in there. The place apparently is an abandoned militar facility that surprisingly is still under surveillance. They hide some unknown artifact in the shape of a pyramid. All the people that had worked with it have became ill, maybe even died. Now Zach (the guy in the video) is feeling ill and his dreams have came back after aproaching the main door of the bunker where the artifact is apparently hidden. He is quite sick. That is where we are in the story. Some people with biohazard suits have come to see the place. I think we will have to "save his life" or something like that.

We get the info through his YouTube channel and also through a website that is supposedly the place where the research group has some videos and info.

There is a new event log in the website.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:30 pm

I saw that. It's our friend from the intro video.
More to the point, could it be Zach possessed?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:47 pm

Thinking By the shadow? He did say that he could "see" someone also looking at him. He mentioned a word being repeated too.

I can't figure out what the missing zeros might be. Thinking There are 26 missing to be binary, so we would have too many. I tried morse too, with no luck. There is one line that does not fit properly if the sequence is repeating. The zeros are "moved" from their original position.

[New with gaps ~
Old one with the whole serie]

0110~~11

(blank)

~~~011~

(blank)

011~0~01

~~~1110~
<-- This one does not match if we follow the sequence

0~~~1~10

(blank)
0~~~~101

(blank)
~~~10~~1

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:58 pm

I tried putting different things in the blanks, but got nothing by gibberish. Haven't got a clue on this one, I'm afraid.

I'm trying to read through The Haunter of the Dark, but I keep getting distracted. HP's stuff is just really boring to me. Embarassed
I do know that at one point someone is possessed by Nyarlathotep through the Shining Trapezohedron, and made to remove it from where it was being kept under the light (which the spirit couldn't cross) and throw it into the bottom of a river, where there couldn't be any light.
I'm gonna sit down now and go through the whole story now. See what I can see.
Here's the link again, if you wanna give it a shot. Might see something I miss.
The Haunter of the Dark

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:50 pm

Just finished the story a bit ago. I was going to post a few entries, but the whole thing needs to be read to be properly understood. The relevant bits make little sense without the supporting ones.
A few things though,
The way Zach continues investigating despite warnings otherwise is much like Blake, the main character of Haunter. Almost like he's compelled.
Zach's connection to the artifact is established and strengthend during a power outage, which is something that allows the Haunter to walk free. Light banishes it's physical form.
Blake has numerous dreams and trouble sleeping after coming in contact with the artifact.

It seems like a pretty good fit for our story here, but I need a few more bits of evidence to call it solved.
--Any manner of unconscious behavior by Zach. (which we have if our cloaked friend is Zach)
--Aversion to light by the presence from the Artifact. (the actual presence, not just it in Zach's head)
Of course, even if we do get those, Robert Blake didn't fair so well. We'll need to figure out what to do.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:55 pm

So far, they have not made direct references to Lovecraft, so I am taking it as if they have been inspired by his themes/topics but they are not following the books completely. I will read it later on, I also find him a bit *cough* boring *cough* Embarassed I do have a huge book at home with a collection of his work, but I skipped most of it... it just "does not keep my attention".

New event log, new message in binary with another code... which I decoded! lalala!! Excited I can't believe I finally managed to break a code before anyone else! First time, and it feels good lol I was always late with those things. Anyway, that gives us another password for the Archive vids.

I am trying to figure out what the interferences are, still no luck. I think they mean STK, but I still do not know how they go from zeros to STK Shrug I just assume it is that because that was the key that was needed for the code, and also the names of the variables in the page source of the AI, which gave us that long number (I think it is a telephone number... fancy giving them a call?) Very Happy= :D

719-332-1320

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:30 pm

Well, I'm certainly closer than you, but it'd still be quite the long distance charge. Not something I can afford. Sad We'll have to wait and see if Zach takes someone's advice and calls it himself, or doing the suggestion to make a fax for free online.
Shrug

Really was a great job on cracking that code. Everyone else was stumped. Kudos. cheers

No idea on the static.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:35 pm

Skype lets you have one free call to any phone...

Thinking
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARG, anyone?    

Back to top Go down

ARG, anyone?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: