The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Help Lisa with Liams Christmas Present

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Help Lisa with Liams Christmas Present   Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:48 am

My Girlfriend is every year asking me what I want for Christmas, to which my reply is always, "iunno..." to which her rebuttal is "Bullet Bill F BOMB ya anyway."

This year she has stopped me buying games in the last 2 months of the year (Supposed to be 3 but nobody gets in the way of my Fallout addiction)

History: It is agreed upon by both of us that in times of gift exchanges such as Valentines, Birthdays, Anniversaries and Christmases that should gifts expentiture from one partner have to be equal to the amount spent on the other.
Basically she spends €200, I have to spend €200.

This year she wants a Laptop (New), decent one too, which generally runs from €350 - €400.

My Gaming budget has been frozen and I haven't had a "New Game Giddy" since Fallout New Vegas. I need one a month or else I get all Cranky.

I need new games! SO HELP ME SUBSTITUTE THE CURRENT "No buying games till after Christmas" Rule that she instituted by recommending something else.

This is a worthy cause, cause the more cranky I get the more disturbing and descriptive I get if video games aren't diverting my imagination. Help me Help you. Or Six might have to lock me up in the cellar again.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leo_337
14th Nation

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Help Lisa with Liams Christmas Present   Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:52 am

High class hooker? Thinking
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Help Lisa with Liams Christmas Present   Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:58 am

Thinking

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 82

PostSubject: Re: Help Lisa with Liams Christmas Present   Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:13 am

Then it is easy: HD 1080p lcd or led screen, a weekend in another city (Amsterdam for 2, 3 days, was £600 last year includig flight), big nice comfy chair/armchair, videocamera, HD capture card, HD projector and screen, the HTC desire, the Nokia N8, PSP and games... Razz

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Help Lisa with Liams Christmas Present   Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:19 am

Seyel wrote:
Then it is easy:
HD 1080p lcd or led screen Have,
a weekend in another city (Amsterdam for 2, 3 days, was £600 last year includig flight), Don't like flying or boats or leaving the country, don't ask why, it just makes me look crazy
big nice comfy chair/armchair have,
videocamera Have one, doesn't get used. bought it for her 2 years ago,
HD capture card Don't need, wouldn;t use,
HD projector and screen Have Tv, don't need it.,
the HTC desire,Dunno what that is
the Nokia N8Have a phone, same one for 4 years, it still works, don't need a new one,
PSP and gameshave... Razz

I will admit that I am not an easy person to shop for. You can go on listing things. In fact I am making a thread.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Help Lisa with Liams Christmas Present   Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:28 am

She has to spend an equal amount on me that I spend on her, and she wants a new laptop.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Last edited by Seyel on Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sorry for forcing you to double post)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
omega9
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Help Lisa with Liams Christmas Present   Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:15 pm

Well, Black Ops should definately go on the list.

And if you have BOps and Fallout, you're gonna want the DLC, so PSN cards are a shoe-in for a good gift.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Help Lisa with Liams Christmas Present   Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:20 pm

It's going to be tough, but...

...no going out drinking until after Christmas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Liams presents   Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:57 pm

What happened to the 'no spam' part of this thread's title? scratch

*** now this post makes no sense since Sey moved it... ***

Last edited by eattheword on Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : don't push the red button)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Help Lisa with Liams Christmas Present   Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:09 pm

So I am moving the posts we left in that drawer here... let's start with:

Seyelback wrote:

Liam: Ideas for alternative presents you can ask for: Bioshock 3, new controller, Move, capture card to make montages, keyboard for the PS3 (I use it a lot lol), some series in DVD/BluRay, a pass for the gym, a 1-year suscription to the PS3 magazine / PSN+...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Help Lisa with Liams Christmas Present   Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:13 pm

Aaaagh... sorry, I destroyed the OP by merging posts that were before the OP... let me fix it... I am going to do some patching here .. :/

EDIT: Embarassed Not much better but I least the OP is where it should be. I swapped two of your posts around... I should not touch this merging buttons. I had that problem before No

Anyway... list.

Other than drinking what hobbies have you got or would like? Lol

Mini-fridge for beers:

Comfy armchair (idk if you said you have the chair or the armchair)

A cool watch

A DAB radio that sync also to your PC and stream video.

4 years with the same phone? It is going to fail soon. Again, the HTC desire. It costs around the same as the laptop sim free. Or Nokia N8:

Considering your luck... a extra Playstation as backup... lol Razz

Last edited by Seyel on Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: Help Lisa with Liams Christmas Present   Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:10 pm

Liamcifer wrote:
Seyel wrote:
Then it is easy:
a weekend in another city (Amsterdam for 2, 3 days, was £600 last year includig flight), Don't like flying or boats or leaving the country, don't ask why, it just makes me look crazy
the Nokia N8Have a phone, same one for 4 years, it still works, don't need a new one,

I will admit that I am not an easy person to shop for. You can go on listing things. In fact I am making a thread.
Ladies and gentlemen, this is proof that Liam is a man. No, not the proof he freely shows when he's had too many and decides to throw off the oppressive shackles of the Pants Regime. It's that he doesn't look to replace things that don't need it. Particularly the responses on the phone, camera, and projector.

What do I suggest?
Thinking
I believe we have fairly similar tastes in many things. That's a problem with questions like this. I never know what to say when people ask what I want either.
Shrug

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Help Lisa with Liams Christmas Present   Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:01 pm

I have never got enough gadgets. I would update my phone and my computer every year if I had the money.

I have edited my other post with pics, some of them were broken

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: Help Lisa with Liams Christmas Present   Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:29 pm

Liamcifer wrote:
Or Six might have to lock me up in the cellar again.

Again?

sigh
Now I have to hunt down who ever let you out.
First, I must re capture you.

*grabs tranquilizer darts*

I say ask for a lap top too.
Cant get more fair than his and her laptops

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Help Lisa with Liams Christmas Present   Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:37 pm

Six wrote:

There is a market for that too, lol

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Turtle
Sixth Nation

Nation Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: Help Lisa with Liams Christmas Present   Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:14 pm

I may get eaten alive for saying this on a predominantly Sony board, but how about a Wii and some games?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Help Lisa with Liams Christmas Present   Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:27 pm

I have the Wii. It's fun and it forces you to move out of the sofa. At least it does for me... I am like a koala with the controller and the laptop. I just hold onto it and I don't move for anything else but eating or going to sleep... Embarassed I do move a lot the whole day, I rarely sit down in my job. I think it might balance it out. At least I hope so! Very Happy= :D

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] could you ask for books, dvds, clothes, a board game, sudoku, expensive whisky, cufflinks, whatever for Christmas instead of Black Ops, so you can buy it now?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kidchimera00
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 14

PostSubject: Re: Help Lisa with Liams Christmas Present   Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:46 pm

Liamcifer wrote:
Seyel wrote:

LOOK crazy?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Help Lisa with Liams Christmas Present   Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:49 am

omega9 wrote:
Well, Black Ops should definately go on the list.

And if you have BOps and Fallout, you're gonna want the DLC, so PSN cards are a shoe-in for a good gift.

On the list, that covers roughly €80-€100

eattheword wrote:
It's going to be tough, but...

...no going out drinking until after Christmas.

I have to that, after this weekend, two close friends having birthdays. After that I'm off the booze till Christmas day.

Seyel wrote:

Considering your luck... a extra Playstation as backup... lol Razz

That is a good Idea...

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Liamcifer wrote:
Seyel wrote:
Then it is easy:

Ladies and gentlemen, this is proof that Liam is a man. No, not the proof he freely shows when he's had too many and decides to throw off the oppressive shackles of the Pants Regime. It's that he doesn't look to replace things that don't need it. Particularly the responses on the phone, camera, and projector.

What do I suggest?
Thinking
I believe we have fairly similar tastes in many things. That's a problem with questions like this. I never know what to say when people ask what I want either.
Shrug

Your like... a sane version of me. Or maybe I'm the insane version of you... WHEEE EVIL TWIN SYNDROME!

Six wrote:
Liamcifer wrote:
Or Six might have to lock me up in the cellar again.

Again?

sigh
Now I have to hunt down who ever let you out.
First, I must re capture you.

*grabs tranquilizer darts*

I'll be keeping the old laptop, only 4 years old, and still runs good for what I use it for. Only thing is the power cable and the battery are fucked so I have to keep it constantly plugged in, but a slight movement on the power cable could turn it off. But that wouldn't bother me.

Kidchimera00 wrote:
Liamcifer wrote:
Seyel wrote:

LOOK crazy?

Yeah I pull faces and talk with my hands when I'm telling stories.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Help Lisa with Liams Christmas Present   Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:47 am

So... Liam... tell us, what did you finally get for Christmas? Very Happy= :D

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpongeBobNoPants
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Help Lisa with Liams Christmas Present   Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:57 am

Yea Liam, inquiring minds want to know!!!
Excited
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: Help Lisa with Liams Christmas Present   Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:00 am

I am a little hesitant and afraid, but.....curious yes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Charlitos
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Help Lisa with Liams Christmas Present   Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:27 am

Have her buy you the same laptop!

I hope that it turned out well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Help Lisa with Liams Christmas Present   Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:10 pm

Loads of games that I didn't have. MAG, Mafia II, HAWX II, COD:BO, Darksiders, Dead Space, Armoured Core 4. I know I'm missing the names of some but I can't be arsed to get up off the couch to check. Also got slippers and something that I always give out about when I see the advert on the telly, Couch Cozy, which is basically a blanket with sleeves.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpongeBobNoPants
Ninth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Help Lisa with Liams Christmas Present   Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:09 am

Epic. Totally freakin epic. I applaud you sir.
Clap
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help Lisa with Liams Christmas Present   

Back to top Go down

Help Lisa with Liams Christmas Present

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: