The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:44 pm

I remember that challenge, and for anyone who hasn't seen it, here you go:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I remember when I first started driving, back at 17 (shortly before I turned 18 was when I got my license) I was paying around $260 USD a month for my insurance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:49 pm

Those cars are all too big and powerful. You need something with a 1 litre or smaller engine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:53 pm

Yeah. I only drive a 2002 Toyota Camry and I love how good on gas that car is. I was totally surprised to have to pay $260 a month for that thing when I was 18. What age do most people get the first big drop in their insurance? Hopefully it's like mid 20's cuz when I can afford to buy a new car that's probably when I'll buy it. Wouldn't want to have a $300 car payment a month and then another $300 due for insurance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:00 pm

StreetxRacer13 wrote:
What age do most people get the first big drop in their insurance?

I don't know. I've never paid more than £400 a year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:03 pm

Hmm. Might be different here in the states. My insurance for the year is like over $1,000
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:07 pm

I'm only insured to drive the car, although I don't know how much that is but I'm not insured to drive the truck too. I've driven the truck around the block so I know how to make it go in an emergency and I have some snow driving experience. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:09 pm

It's probably different for me cuz I'm the actual owner of my car. It might be different if your parents are the owner and you're just on their insurance as one that's allowed to drive that car.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whatbearisbest
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:16 pm

When I was 17 and got my first car i had a multi policy discount with my parents and I think I paid around $100 a month. Now I'm 28 and I pay under $600 a year for an infiniti. I think the big age discount is around 25.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:55 pm

25 is a key age here. When I was 17 I was in the very very very fortunate position of having my own car which was owned by my dad's company. He let me drive a company car right up until I graduated at which point he gave the car to me. So, I was nearly 24 before I had to pay for my own insurance and had a 7 years no claims bonus as the sweetener. As I don't own a thriving company myself I am not in a position to do the same for my kids.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:20 pm

Well two more years pretty much, then I can get my big discount lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whatbearisbest
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:27 pm

as long as you dont have any accidents or tickets, you should be good!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CptCrazypants
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 5

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:30 pm

eattheword wrote:
25 is a key age here. When I was 17 I was in the very very very fortunate position of having my own car which was owned by my dad's company. He let me drive a company car right up until I graduated at which point he gave the car to me. So, I was nearly 24 before I had to pay for my own insurance and had a 7 years no claims bonus as the sweetener. As I don't own a thriving company myself I am not in a position to do the same for my kids.

Yeah I have a similar postion going right now for me. I drive a 2001 f150, bought it off my gramps for cheap and since I use it alot for work my dads company payed my insurance as a christmas bonus. Its got a 4.6 V8 in it though so it sucks back fuel like there no tommorow. Last time I did the math I was doing 11 MPG mixed city/highway driving... but I do enjoy fixing it up to the way I like it Very Happy= :D

found a picture of it buried in my computer haha.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:28 am

I don't pay insurance. Don't drive, Can't afford the extra costs.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:13 am

whatbearisbest wrote:
as long as you dont have any accidents or tickets, you should be good!

Nope, no tickets. Only accident though was when somebody hit my car in a parking lot and messed up the paint on the side pretty good. Not my fault though, I wasn't even near the car when it happened. Nobody around me in the morning, went in for class, nobody around my car when I left. :[
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whatbearisbest
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:57 am

oh and I forgot to say, I still have indiana insurance at $550 a year. If i got Michigan insurance which is "no-fault" I'd be closer to $1000 a year. Its ridiculous here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Toxxy
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 23

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:19 am

Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:12 pm

That must be where Six is going to go on his next vacation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kidchimera00
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 14

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:32 pm

F**K YEA! Awesome music.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:33 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:39 am

I am Lesus and Liamcifer
The LAWLpha and the LOLmega
The begger and the bell end
I am LOD

KNELL BEFORE LOD!

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kidchimera00
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:51 am

Liamcifer wrote:
I am Lesus and Liamcifer
I am LOD

KNELL BEFORE LOD!

*knells* What is thy bidding my master?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:07 am

This just in: I like to move it, move it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:10 am

Kidchimera00 wrote:
Liamcifer wrote:
I am Lesus and Liamcifer
I am LOD

KNELL BEFORE LOD!

*knells* What is thy bidding my master?

Ummm... Shrug

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:12 am

Might I suggest moving it?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kidchimera00
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:43 pm

*Moves it for LOD*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   

Back to top Go down

Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: