The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

The Official Formula 1 Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: The Official Formula 1 Thread   Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:27 am

Greetings race fans! I'm sure I'm not the only one here on the Nation that happens to follow Formula 1 racing, so that's why I'm here making this thread. It's pretty much open for any F1 discussions, (favorite drivers, news, etc) so feel free to share your opinions on the events of the season.

I'm sure you all are aware that the Bahrain Grand Prix which was supposed to be the opening event for the 2011 season was canceled. Fortunately we won't have to wait too long cuz the Qantas Australian Grand Prix will now be the first event. Practice One is set for March 25th, so it's not too far off from the Practice One of March 11th that was supposed to take place in Bahrain. I'll do my best to keep this thread updated (I'm hoping for some attention here as well) but for up to the minute info, the best site to keep up on would be Formula 1's official website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leo_337
14th Nation

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: The Official Formula 1 Thread   Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:41 pm

I wasn't aware it had been cancelled. scratch

Nice to have a thread for this, BTW, I don't know why we didn't have one for last year. Thinking
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Insom
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: The Official Formula 1 Thread   Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:47 pm

Cancelled due to civil unrest in Bahrain at the minute I think.

Wouldn't have been much of a follower in the past few years. Still if I catch a race here or there I'll sit down and give it a watch.

Championship predictions or hopes for the year streety.

Good thread idea btw.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Formula 1 Thread   Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:01 pm

You're correct Insom. The government of Bahrain canceled the event so it could focus on domestic matters. I know they have taken that event completely out of the season for this year, but maybe it'll be the last spot if the situation there becomes resolved before the end of the season.

My hopes for the season is to see Red Bull Racing take another championship. I'd also like to see Schumacher do better as well, seeing as he's pretty much the best driver that the sport has ever seen. Even though I am a Red Bull Racing fan, I've always liked Schumacher.

Thanks for the props guys. I know Eat mentioned Jenson Button once before, so I did some looking around earlier and noticed there was no F1 thread. After finding that out I decided to make my own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Formula 1 Thread   Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:48 pm

So for those of you following the 2011 season (which is almost over), last year's champ Sebastian Vettel needs only one more point in the remaining 5 races to clinch the title for the second year in a row! Incredible feat for a 24 year old. To celebrate Gran Turismo 5 is gonna let everyone get a free X2010 to celebrate if he wins the title.

Also it's totally my bad for neglecting this thread through majority of the F1 season lol. Hopefully next year I'll be doing a better job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Formula 1 Thread   Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:18 pm

The Formula 1 2012 season is about to begin! In 5 hours, Practice #1 starts in Melbourne.

What are your thoughts and predictions for the first race?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Official Formula 1 Thread   Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:49 pm

The cars go "Zoooooom" the crowd gets whiplash from trying to watch the cars pass in the split second they are on the track in front of them, then wonder why they didn't stay at home and watch it on the telly do they can see the cars?

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Formula 1 Thread   Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:43 pm

Because when you watch it at home, you don't lose your hearing for a few days due to the high engine RPMs and flyby speeds, and you don't get that satisfying smoky tire smell.

Who doesn't love the smell of smoking tires?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dingo
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: The Official Formula 1 Thread   Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:08 pm

Webber won ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Formula 1 Thread   Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:12 pm

That was only the first practice sessions being held today Dingo. Qualifying and the race are a few days away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dingo
Ninth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Formula 1 Thread   Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:15 pm

Me in future and Webber wins the races down here with his teammate coming 2nd. /Prediction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Formula 1 Thread   Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:48 pm

I'd like to see Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber take 1 and 2 for the race, but there are a bunch of other great drivers on the grid too.

We'll see what happens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 82

PostSubject: Re: The Official Formula 1 Thread   Sun May 13, 2012 6:30 am

Why has Vettel moved back to other position in today's race? I missed the qualifying session yesterday and I switched channel after they explained what happened.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Formula 1 Thread   Mon May 14, 2012 12:30 am

I missed out myself. I'm sure the answer would be on F1.com though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Formula 1 Thread   Mon May 14, 2012 1:46 am

Jeez, this is horrible. I hope there are no serious injuries.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 82

PostSubject: Re: The Official Formula 1 Thread   Mon May 14, 2012 4:03 am

Yeah, I saw that. :S
There was a very thick black smoke going out of the garage.
I got wrong the thing at the start, Hamilton had a penalty because of lack of fuel, not Vettel.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Formula 1 Thread   Mon May 14, 2012 7:32 pm

Since 2010 with the rule change that doesn't allow refueling during a race they've been rather strict about that. I don't blame them for putting that rule in though. I think it's a good idea. That way you avoid having someone starting off the race with about half a tank of fuel, which lightens the car and then allows them better acceleration off the line. Granted they do have less fuel and would have to pit in sooner, but still it's an advantage at the beginning of the race.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dingo
Ninth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Formula 1 Thread   Sun May 27, 2012 9:19 am

What a great race it was. Me will not spoil anything but will just say DAMN.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Formula 1 Thread   Mon May 28, 2012 11:59 am

I didn't get to see the race due to time differences, but I did catch the results. Another great win for Red Bull Racing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: The Official Formula 1 Thread   Mon May 28, 2012 12:55 pm

Good effort from Webber to win two Monaco grands prix. Alsonso also showed himself to be an opportunistic driver par excellence. He's brilliant at making the most of the hand he's dealt and often improving upon it. I generally find the Monaco grand prix to be dull as there's rarely any overtaking, but yesterday was fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Formula 1 Thread   Mon May 28, 2012 4:49 pm

I'd say it's most likely the track which makes it boring. It's a really narrow track compared to some of the other ones. I've raced on it many times in both the Gran Turismo games and F1 2011. I know it's totally unlike anything you'd experience driving it in real life, but it is modeled right after the one the F1 drivers go on. It is really difficult to overtake, so I'm guessing that's the main reason why it's "a bit more boring." A driver who starts in the middle of the grid, really won't have any space to overtake and go from 15th to 5th.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: The Official Formula 1 Thread   Tue May 29, 2012 2:29 am

Yes, it's like Valencia in that respect. I think the race at Valencia is the most dull race on the calendar, processional racing at its 'finest'. the drivers all love Monaco, but it all comes down to not making a mistake and beating the others at the pit stops. Occasionally you see overtaking but its largely impossible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Formula 1 Thread   Tue May 29, 2012 3:22 pm

I would have to side with the drivers though when it comes to Monaco. You have to rely on your skills a lot more because if you do manage to get overtaken after making a slight mistake, it's not like you'll have a good chance to go pass on the next corner. It forces you to be running at no less than 100% of your skills to have a good race there. That's why I can tell they think it's the most exciting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: The Official Formula 1 Thread   Tue May 29, 2012 3:23 pm

Oh I know, but for the millions sitting at home watching it it's another story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Formula 1 Thread   Tue May 29, 2012 3:24 pm

Yeah, you do raise a good point there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Formula 1 Thread   

Back to top Go down