The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

When I grow up I want to be...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Charlitos
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: When I grow up I want to be...   Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:48 pm

Awesome, inspiring posts everyone. Cool to see so many different people post here!

Six. The man who doesn't mow lawns. Cool job Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LT_Crispy
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: When I grow up I want to be...   Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:06 am

When i grow up i wantED to be a professional athlete.

currently... not even close to becoming that LOL. In school for graphic Design.

IF anything, i kinda wish i kept bowling after i graduated from highschool. Been bowling since i was 5. Just money for leagues has become a WALL and stopped me from going any further =\
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DANNP2
First Nation
First Nation

Nation Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: When I grow up I want to be...   Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:02 am

I hear ya Fawlty , and I would normally agree with ya but I am having a little problem physically that may jeopardize my current job as I am Not physically capable of doing what I once was able to . Like the song says " I'm not as good as I once was " tell me about it brother ! We'll see what happens but thanks for the words of inspiration Wink

Last edited by DANNP2 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CptCrazypants
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 5

PostSubject: Re: When I grow up I want to be...   Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:06 pm

Right now im in the contruction scene, which is exactly where I wanna be. Eventually I want to work my way up the ranks and be working with the heavy machinery full time. Right now im only on them for a few hours a week, but hey I gotta learn somehow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vrals597
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : -15

PostSubject: Re: When I grow up I want to be...   Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:29 pm

depending on your position in a construction company you can make a lot of money, its how the bin Laden's got their money
Back to top Go down
View user profile
matt
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: When I grow up I want to be...   Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:53 pm

Major in fitness science.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
matt
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: When I grow up I want to be...   Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:53 pm

Major in fitness science.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: When I grow up I want to be...   Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:49 am

Recently got my nephew to freak out his parents by saying to him that anytime anyone asks you "What do you want to be when you grow up?" all he has to say is, "Daddy's gurl."

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kilmory
Sixth Nation

Nation Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: When I grow up I want to be...   Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:25 am

- What you do (because you're supposedly grown up)

I work in a hospital as a Risk Manager, basically I investigate anything that goes wrong and help other people develop action plans to prevent it happening again. People think it's my job to solve their problems, but you can't know every job in the hospital, or all the rules and regulations that apply to them. When I first started the job my first major incident was a computer failure in the laboratory. A room full of scientists and computer programmers. I swear I was listening to them for 30 minutes before I heard one word in english!

or
- What you WANT to do (because you're not grown up)

I'm happy with what I do, but if you had asked me what I wanted to be when I was in school it would never have been nursing. I always wanted to be a soldier, so at least I got that bit right, but I always assumed I would be happy in a tank regiment or infantry. God that was boring!

or
- What you want to do OVER (because you're supposedly grown up, but you hate what you chose the first time around)

Clear sky thinking?

I should have applied for the helicopter pilots course when it was on offer. I always look up at helicopters and think 'If only'. I may have failed it, but at least I would have tried.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fawlty__Towers
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 6

PostSubject: Re: When I grow up I want to be...   Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:50 pm

Thanks to everyone who has commented and said a few things about yourself. I thought it was time to update everyone on my situation and revive this thread a bit.

Back in November of 2011 I finally quit my job at the Lab and went back to school to complete some prerequisites in preparation of applying to graduate school. I ended up taking Calc I & II and an intro. to Environmental Engineering course. I also took the GRE in April. Well, somehow I did decently well in my classes and got good enough recommendations to apply to the program I was interested in.

By some miracle I was accepted and I'll actually be starting classes in less than two weeks! Over the next two years I will be busting my ass to get a degree from the Colorado School of Mines in Environmental Engineering. Thanks to everyone who has supported and encouraged me. It really shows that if you really want to do something you can if you put your mind to it.

I hope everyone else is doing well and following their dreams. I'll be busy but I'll be around, and hope to talk to you all soon!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vrals597
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : -15

PostSubject: Re: When I grow up I want to be...   Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:07 pm

That is amazing, Fawlty, congratulations. Does that have to mining and engineering or something? the name kind of confuses me, sorry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jolli
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: When I grow up I want to be...   Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:14 pm

- What you do (because you're supposedly grown up)
I'm still in school, Finally in the class initially wanted, after a year of suffering (harsh) and not really doing what I want, I'm also working in Tiger. A all-in-one kind of store, on the register, stocking selves, moving things around making them look good, that kind of stuff.

- What you WANT to do (because you're not grown up)
I want to be an Illustrator, maybe work for some VG company at first, Then move on to graphic novesl. I wouldn't mind Starting my own Graphic Novel/illustration company, Not really sure, right now.

- What you want to do OVER (because you're supposedly grown up, but you hate what you chose the first time around)
If the graphic Novel/Illustration things doesn't work out and I hate it, I would strive to be a Comedian, Getting over my stage fright and making a bunch of people laugh would be absolutely Amazing in my book.

And also I want to have a majestic beard, one that I would have to have a special comb for it, keeping it inline. Maybe adding grey streak, that would be so cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KinkyCrispy
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: When I grow up I want to be...   Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:20 am

-What you do (because you're supposedly grown up)

Mechanic at a bowling alley. Quite enjoy it and suits me.. but there's no advancement and the pay sucks.

-What you WANT to do (because you're not grown up)

What i want to do?!?! I've yet to figure that out lol. Since i'm in a golf "phase" a fantasy would be, professional golfer. Way more money in golf then there is in professional bowling(which i'm actually good at)

-What you want to do OVER (because you're supposedly grown up, but you hate what you chose the first time around)

My laziness in school. I think it would have made things a lot easier, and to be honest the stuff wasn't hard. I Was just lazy Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When I grow up I want to be...   

Back to top Go down

When I grow up I want to be...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: