Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Homefront Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

Homefront Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Homefront Discussion   Homefront Discussion EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Homefront is set in a near future America in 2027 when a nuclear-armed Korean People's Army invades the USA. The game is written by John Milius, who co-wrote Apocalypse Now and wrote Red Dawn. The beginning gameplay is reportedly set in Montrose, Colorado.

One of the major portions of the story arc is built around not only the growth of the North Korean forces over the years leading to the year 2027 (the year in which the game takes place), but also the economic downfall of the United States of America, and the unrest that seems to grip the nation before the invasion.

Homefront is speculative fiction, set in a near-future, post peak oil world that features a significantly declined United States, and a united Korea that has built a massive alliance in East Asia. The Gate Corporation (a major private military company) also plays a minor role. The game focuses on the collapse of the United States, subsequent occupation by the Greater Korean Republic - a united Korea under the rule of North Korea - and the American Resistance that fights said occupation. The player is invited to join the American resistance, "using guerrilla tactics, commandeering military vehicles, and utilizing advanced drone technology", but the player may join the North Korean Forces as well but only in multiplayer matches. The game will also feature vehicle based 32 player online warfare using dedicated servers. The game is planned to ship on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.

anyone planning on getting this?

heres the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. lost of vids and screens
Back to top Go down
hkm_hrns
New in the Nation
hkm_hrns

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Discussion   Homefront Discussion EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:36 pm

It looks interesting but I'm skeptical. If a few in my clan get it and recommend it then I probably will but for now ima pass.
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Discussion   Homefront Discussion EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:37 pm

I will probally rent it sometime, and decide to buy it then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Discussion   Homefront Discussion EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:43 pm

It definitely looks interesting, but I don't really have the money for it at the moment. I'll give it a go later on in the year, more than likely.
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Discussion   Homefront Discussion EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:27 pm

I also fall under the "interesting" opinion. Will be checking more trailers and possible any demos that come up. My game schedule is pretty tight so far this year though....
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Discussion   Homefront Discussion EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:23 pm

I've read about this , though I too have a tight game schedule and a persistent lack of funds too boot so i'll pass for now me thinks.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Discussion   Homefront Discussion EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 5:05 am

I'm broke, but who cares I'll be getting it. Be all "WOLVERINES!"
Back to top Go down
DANNP2
First Nation
First Nation
DANNP2

Nation Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Discussion   Homefront Discussion EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 7:53 pm

I'm on the fence but I would like to see a demo . I'm waiting on this one I think .
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Discussion   Homefront Discussion EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 8:03 pm

I read an article in the gameinformer website about the Homefront campaign being extremely brutal. THQ isn't known for this, and I'm a little surprised.
Back to top Go down
hkm_hrns
New in the Nation
hkm_hrns

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Discussion   Homefront Discussion EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 8:16 am

Well, I broke down and bought this one. Complete waste of money! The game is really horrible graphics wise. That's probably the main turn off. If this was a game you could pick up on the PSN for $25 then it wouldn't be too bad but $60 is ridiculous. Feels like another company is just trying to cash in on the FPS trend.

Besides bad graphics my other issues with the game are crappy connections (seems like I'm always playing people from Europe), and the purchases of weapons during a match is kind of hokey.
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Discussion   Homefront Discussion EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 9:30 pm

hkm_hrns wrote:
Well, I broke down and bought this one. Complete waste of money! The game is really horrible graphics wise. That's probably the main turn off. If this was a game you could pick up on the PSN for $25 then it wouldn't be too bad but $60 is ridiculous. Feels like another company is just trying to cash in on the FPS trend.

Besides bad graphics my other issues with the game are crappy connections (seems like I'm always playing people from Europe), and the purchases of weapons during a match is kind of hokey.
Almost bought this as well, luckily I held up because of KZ3. A lot of friends on PS3 are saying its terrible.
Back to top Go down
Madformelons
Second Nation
Madformelons

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Discussion   Homefront Discussion EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 1:33 am

I'm also sitting on the fence. I've seen the footage so far but I think I'll wait to see if they release a demo. On top of that I'm not a fan of FPS thanks to being spoilt by U2.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Discussion   Homefront Discussion EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 6:23 am

Dang I thought it was third person. I'll avoid.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Discussion   Homefront Discussion EmptyTue May 31, 2011 2:52 pm

Just got it from Gamefly, now I'm on my way to Cali to punch some developers in the balls.
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Discussion   Homefront Discussion EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 4:36 am

Good game then? :-P
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Discussion   Homefront Discussion EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 8:34 pm

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Kidchimera00
Seventh Nation
Kidchimera00

Nation Reputation : 14

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Discussion   Homefront Discussion EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 8:18 am

I don't know guys...

Considering my only previous systems, graphics is not that much of a problem to me. I've seen some of the walkthrough gameplay on Youtube and I'm kinda enjoying the story and that really matters alot to me. I haven't seen the multiplayer or anything, but this game is definently one of the first for me to buy when I get a PS3.
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

Nation Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Discussion   Homefront Discussion EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 8:58 am

Game sucks. MP Is nothing but high level scrubs raining air support down on you after they camp for half the match
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Discussion   Homefront Discussion EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 8:11 am

So, CoD then?
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

Nation Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Discussion   Homefront Discussion EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 9:35 am

^win

Basically yes, but the air support cannot be shot down. Ever.
High level: YES I GOT MY CHOPPAH *calls in*
everyone on the other team: *leave*
High level: NOOOO
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Discussion   Homefront Discussion EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 10:24 am

lol, I should try out the MP before I send it back to Gamefly..
Back to top Go down
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

Nation Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Discussion   Homefront Discussion EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 12:51 am

Went ahead and bought this at GameStop today.
Uh...
Yeah, Im returning it Monday. It's not good at all. The last mission was pretty good, but overall the game was pretty much barebones and broken to me. It's a shame, because I remember being excited for its story a couple of years back. Hell, the intro had me excited for what may happen...and then I actually started to play it. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Discussion   Homefront Discussion EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 6:43 am

^Nuff said.^
I was gonna get the game on the cheap see what it was like. Not so much now.
Back to top Go down
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

Nation Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Discussion   Homefront Discussion EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 11:08 am

Yeah. It's really cheap at GameStop, which was the main reason I finally decided to give it a shot. Unfortunately, no matter how cheap it is, it is not worth the money for an incredibly short single-player with a no longer functional online mode.
Back to top Go down

Homefront Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top