The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
whatbearisbest
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Tue May 10, 2011 9:40 pm

OMG I love the wings!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Tue May 10, 2011 10:38 pm

I don't lol. They should have lost 3 games ago lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vrals597
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : -15

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Tue May 10, 2011 10:41 pm

and yet they didn't, who am I going to root for during the Western Conference Finals? I like the Canucks and all but the Red Wings are sort of my second favorite team, my first NHL game that I was in the stadium for was a Rangers-Red Wings game at Madison Square Garden I kind of became a fan of the Red Wings back in 4th grade, my teacher was a big Red Wings fan so we did not get hw every time they advanced a round in the playoffs, we all became Red Wings fans then and well I never really lost it from that point on lol

Last edited by Vrals597 on Wed May 11, 2011 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Wed May 11, 2011 7:13 pm

If that's the situation then I guess it's hard not to become a fan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raistlin
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 67

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Fri May 20, 2011 4:38 am

Holy Camoly boys and girls. Its crazy right now I can tell you that.

HUGE OP EDIT/UPDATE with all footage from Vancouver vs Nashville Game 2 - Game 6 and Vancouver vs San Jose Games 1 and 2.

Bear - so far we have avenged you. A 7 - 3 rape of San Jose. Seriously - we are SO much into their heads they needs a shrink to calm them down. Well....to be fair Ben Eager single handedly dismantled his own team.....You'd think the guy still thinks he was wearing a Chicago Blackhawks Jersey and it was 2 years ago when he was with a better team!

Right now we're looking SICK. The Sedin Sisters have turned their vajayjays inside out and brought back the man sausages they had during the regular season throwing up record numbers. A lot of people were wondering when they would show up. Mike Hillis did a great job adding so much skill and depth to this team because without that, coupled with the Sedin's not scoring or playing the way they usually do - we NEVER would have gotten through Chicago and DEFINITELY not gotten throgh Nashville.

Both Chicago AND Nashville spent SO much effort hurting and hindering the swedish twins that it allowed the rest of the team a bit more freedom than they usually get and they were able to step up and get the job done when Hank and Danny weren't putting up the numbers.

So now, we have the Sharks. A legit #2 team in the west. Considering we beat them 3 - 1 during the season this is fine. My personal desire was to go up against Detroit. We have so much history that it would have made for the perfect cup run if we couuld get through them.

But alas...they were too hurt. Detroit was once again a great team. But they lost too many of their solid players to be able to stick with the Sharks in game 7. you can only ask so much of your remaining players when 3 - 5 of your HUGE main guys are done due to injury. If San Jose had 3 - 5 of its main scorers/impact players out you know the Wings would have pwned them hard. So, I feel for ya, Bear. I wanted a showdown with your boys as much as you did with mine. So we aim to AVENGE YOU!

What better way than to rape them 7 - 3. I expect them to step their game up 4 times more than they did in game 2 before Ben Eager thought he was a Chicago Blackhawk and turned into a complete idiot and put the NHL's BEST powerplay to work MULTIPLE times.

Seriously - San Jose played very good for the first 2.5 periods. It was a straight up 2 - 2 tie game. And then Ben Eager went absolutely Bonkers at Kevin Bieksa for fighting Patrick Marleau.....who, by the way, was the FIRST guy to drop the gloves. What did he expect, Juice to NOT defend himself and knock this guy around?

What a joke. Then he takes a run at the NHL's leading scorer and top chance for NHL MVP to send a message? The guy is completely rediculous. And these actions were totally backed up by the San Jose Coach - Todd McLellan. Yo, Todd! A message for ya. If you want your boys to be complete Jack A$$'s keep sending them out to be goons. We'll keep running up the score making you and your team look like joke's. Play fair and straight up, and your skilled team will definitely have a chance to play with us and possibly beat us.

There's no doubt San Jose is a solid team. They were #2 in the West for a reason. But when you're playing against #1 - being #2 isn't good enough and you need to bring your A Game and step it up. Take penalties like a #8 team and we will RUIN you. Don't tell your boy to run around trying to hurt people because we WILL run up the score on you to make the point to play it straight.

2 - 0 Van City baby. Should be interesting tomorrow night. Whoooo......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X-FACTOR29
Third Nation

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Fri May 20, 2011 9:31 am

GO NUCKS GO!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eve
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 26

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Fri May 20, 2011 2:40 pm

thats pretty much all that needs to be said ..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raistlin
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Sun May 22, 2011 8:53 am

Big comeback by the Lightening Last night.....yikes. Where did that come from!?

Huge game today at Noon for the Nucks. They got unlucky with some fast penalties last game. But what I loved was that at no point was I concerned that they couldn't come back from it. And they pretty much did. To be fair I would rather not play like that moving forward. The sharks have scored first in every game of this series so far. Its time to get that first goal and make em sweat a bit.

Will be a tough game for sure but it would be AWESOME to come back home for a game 5 up 3 - 1. We shall see how it goes, mhmm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vrals597
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Sun May 22, 2011 8:56 am

it definitely helps getting that first goal, gets the crowd going if you are at home and thus makes it harder for the away team to play their best, and if you are away it does the exact opposite, it makes that crowd quiet down a little bit and thus makes it easier for you to play your best
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Mon May 23, 2011 4:08 am

So apparently according to a friend here at uni I'm a Canucks fan now???

Whats the situation!!! Guns firing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vrals597
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Mon May 23, 2011 4:10 am

Canucks lead the Sharks in the Western Conference Finals 3-1 after Game 4 and now the series returns to Vancouver for Game 5, lets go Canucks! lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eve
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Wed May 25, 2011 12:06 am

'NUCKS 'NUCKS 'NUCKS 'NUCKS 'NUCKS 'NUCKS [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Wed May 25, 2011 12:33 am

That was a great game tonight. I hope the Bruins can wrap up their series tomorrow night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-Dj-
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : -1

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Thu May 26, 2011 10:25 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Fri May 27, 2011 10:07 pm

BRING IT ON CANUCKS!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
matt
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 pm

I really can't see the Canucks being stopped.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eve
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Sat May 28, 2011 11:21 am

i really REALLY hate the bruins ...
but i really see this series only lasting 4games in favour of the Canucks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
matt
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Sat May 28, 2011 11:44 am

The Bruins better hope that Luongo has an off series like he did with the Hawks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whatbearisbest
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Sat May 28, 2011 11:58 am

I don't think the NHL will let it go only 4 games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raistlin
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Sat May 28, 2011 2:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I don't think the NHL will let it go only 4 games.

Well said!

I would have rathered Tampa Bay had won because we can match their speed no problem and their D is ok. Our D would have easily made up the difference. Boston though is big with a fairly strong back end. Thomas also is unconventional and our scorers have had issues with goalies like that in the past. Plus, to play our game our boys will get beaten up a lot as Boston is as big as San Jose was. Luckily our D is as strong and I think we have the edge on overall speed. So....we shall see how it goes. Boston has been without a cup for 39 years. Vancouver = 40. Which will break the slump? What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Sat May 28, 2011 4:17 pm

I'll be surprised if this series doesn't got at least 6 games.

It's gonna be a good one!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fawlty__Towers
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 6

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Mon May 30, 2011 9:09 pm

As much as it pains me to say this...Let's go 'Nucks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vrals597
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Mon May 30, 2011 9:13 pm

oh Fawlty, its either the Canucks or the Bruins, in your situation, I would say root for the team that you hate the least lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:32 pm

It was a good series, but way to go Bruins!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vrals597
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:38 pm

The Bruins absolutely annihilated the Canucks at home
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   

Back to top Go down

The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: