The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
eve
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 26

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:42 pm

Yeah. it was nuts.. in the pre-game shenanigans, they were talking about all the people the were ... err ummm about ready to "off" themselves..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vrals597
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : -15

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:45 pm

well that kind of says "diehard fans"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raistlin
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 67

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:13 pm

Vrals597 wrote:
well that kind of says "diehard fans"
lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fawlty__Towers
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 6

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:12 pm

whatbearisbest wrote:
Fawlty__Towers wrote:
whatbearisbest wrote:
no yzerman is the gm for Tampa bay lightning.

but the coach for the sharks is the wings old assistant coach

I am impressed with your hockey knowledge!

Sharks will choke...it's part of life. It's like how the sun rises day in and day out. tongue

well i've been watching the wings forever. A few breaks when i moved out of detroit, but since i've lived in michigan the last 5 years, i don't miss many games Smile

I sure hope the sharks choke! And the wings play like they did against phoenix. if they play everyone like they played against phoenix, you may as well just hand them the cup

Anybody but Detroit! =]

I will be rooting for Vancouver mainly, but whoever is playing the Wings at the time will be 'my' team! The Wings are done, they have their cups for now, give someone else a chance!

Next year Wings, miss the playoffs for the first time in a generation! Mark it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vrals597
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:44 pm

sorry, Fawlty, but I don't see the Wings missing the playoofs anytime soon lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whatbearisbest
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:25 pm

yeah fawlty take your jealous avalanche propaganda else ware Wink

There is no reason the wings won't make the playoff's next year
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vrals597
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:28 pm

unless Toronto decides to do a Fantasy Draft and have all new team rosters for next year, like that will EVER happen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whatbearisbest
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:33 pm

i'd probably stop watching hockey if that happened. that would be complete BS!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vrals597
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:35 pm

If that happened I would stop for maybe a year or two, let the players get used to their new team mates, and then watch it again, wonder what the Canucks fans would do if the Rangers got the Sedin twins lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fawlty__Towers
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 6

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:56 pm

Vrals597 wrote:
sorry, Fawlty, but I don't see the Wings missing the playoofs anytime soon lol

whatbearisbest wrote:
yeah fawlty take your jealous avalanche propaganda else ware Wink

There is no reason the wings won't make the playoff's next year

A guy can dream can't he?!
cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vrals597
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:58 pm

yes but we can also mash your dreams lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whatbearisbest
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:11 pm

then keep on dreaming!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raistlin
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:15 am

Man.... 1 - 0 game that actually had some entertaining spots to it. Thats right up Nashville's Alley though. Tight Defense, relying on solid goaltending and picking their spots when their opponent makes a mistake. So, I'm expecting all of the games to be close ones for either side.

Hopefully Rinne doesn't keep up his first star performance because as much as I love my team, they can't keep playing flawlessly and we'll pay for it.

Oh well.... 1 - 0 series lead, I'll take it hehe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:41 pm

Cancuks/Bruins in the Cup Finals. Gonna call that one right now lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whatbearisbest
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:45 pm

yeah... both teams could barely beat crappier teams. good luck with that!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
matt
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:07 pm

I just don't see the Bruins doing it this year. Seems to me that Tim Thomas is always a little worse in the playoffs. (I might be wrong about that though.) But Chara is so damn good. Thinking
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raistlin
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:24 pm

whatbearisbest wrote:
yeah... both teams could barely beat crappier teams. good luck with that!

Says the fan of a team that got the coyotes first round Razz

I'm actually hoping we have to go through detroit. Detroit is always a measuring stick. And there's a playoff past there as well. I was hoping we could have played LA instead due to last year's history, but going against Det would be a great measuring stick to see if we actually do deserve to move on, mhmm.

So we shall see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whatbearisbest
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:30 pm

i really hope we beat san jose!!! If so, we shall see Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
matt
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:51 pm

Every year San Jose chokes. With that one line of Thornton, Heatly, and Marleu, they shouldn't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raistlin
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:40 am

mattmo0121 wrote:
Every year San Jose chokes. With that one line of Thornton, Heatly, and Marleu, they shouldn't.

Thats why I still have a bit of nervousness about my guys. After the continual choke jobs that San Jose has pulled, there's nothing to say it can't happen to us either. So....
yikes.... I'm still hoping for a Van vs Det 3rd round. I'd think we match up better against Detroit as they aren't as big or as physical overall as San Jose. They play more smartly with more finesse which works fine the way we play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vrals597
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:43 am

oh yes....the typical Canucks play style, the limited footage of the Canucks that I have seen out here in NY has shown you guys being very aggressive lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raistlin
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:44 pm

Vrals597 wrote:
oh yes....the typical Canucks play style, the limited footage of the Canucks that I have seen out here in NY has shown you guys being very aggressive lol

Lots of footage in the OP Wink But if you watch games 4 and 5 - aggressive was not what we were. More like pussycats begging for a treat while they ran over us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vrals597
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:10 pm

lol I never really watch much of hockey, I'm too busy with other stuff to keep tabs of when the games are and the west coast games are usually at 10pm my time so its a little hard for me to watch a Canucks game lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Sun May 01, 2011 12:27 am

I'm still hoping to see Canucks/Bruins in the finals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vrals597
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   Sun May 01, 2011 12:59 am

well if they keep on playing like they did today that might just happen lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)   

Back to top Go down

The Official Vancouver Canucks Playoffs Thread / 2010 - 2011 Edition (Oh fine.....THE NHL playoffs Thread)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: