Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Fuse (Previously OverStrike)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

Fuse (Previously OverStrike) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuse (Previously OverStrike)   Fuse (Previously OverStrike) - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:32 pm

nobody wrote:
while I do hate the nickname nob, its not as bad as nobes. and JMR, would you be willing to rewrite your experience in article form to be published on playunwired.com? I think you might even get paid for it. (I am not the one that deals with that side of things, but ill check and see if you can)

EDIT: yea you'll get paid, but how much depends on a number of different things, including length, quality and views. expect around 5ish USD
Are you affiliated with this site or is it just something you're informing me about? If you're affiliated and specifically want it on the site, then I suppose I could take the time to make it into an article but if you're not, then I don't think I care enough about it. Being paid $5 is basically nothing, so that doesn't really influence me.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Fuse (Previously OverStrike)   Fuse (Previously OverStrike) - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:47 pm

I own the site. I run it with one other person. and I would much appreciate it if you would.
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: Fuse (Previously OverStrike)   Fuse (Previously OverStrike) - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 11:29 pm

nobody wrote:
I own the site. I run it with one other person. and I would much appreciate it if you would.
Sounds good, I'll get to it then.
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Fuse (Previously OverStrike)   Fuse (Previously OverStrike) - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 12:27 am

Dingo wrote:
CobaltMonkey wrote:
Bingo.
The names Dingo, Warrigal Dingo. Get it right.

Is it sad that this game is not even rego'ing on me radar? It just looks like another run of the mill future shooter to me THOUGH me not really read into it and would need the trailer to see the action

Well, you could say it's a sad state for [console] shooters, I guess?

I haven't seen any gameplay, and I haven't found any now that I just looked. But after being disappointed with how recent FPS&TPS have been turning out, I'm not very interested in the genre beyond MGS and Borderlands.

Is this a co-op-only game? No "competitive" multiplayer component?
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Fuse (Previously OverStrike)   Fuse (Previously OverStrike) - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 1:08 am

there is a campaign and 1 other unannounced mode, but i dont think we will see a traditional competitive mode
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Fuse (Previously OverStrike)   Fuse (Previously OverStrike) - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 1:28 am

Dingo wrote:
CobaltMonkey wrote:
Bingo.
The names Dingo, Warrigal Dingo. Get it right..

There was a mutt who had a game,
and Dingo was his name-o.
D-i-n-g-o
Nah.
Bingo's now his name-o! Nananana
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Fuse (Previously OverStrike)   Fuse (Previously OverStrike) - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 1:49 am

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Dingo wrote:
CobaltMonkey wrote:
Bingo.
The names Dingo, Warrigal Dingo. Get it right..

There was a mutt who had a game,
and Dingo was his name-o.
D-i-n-g-o
Nah.
Bingo's now his name-o! Nananana
for some reason that reminded me of shows i haven't seen in over 2 decades
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: Fuse (Previously OverStrike)   Fuse (Previously OverStrike) - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 7:17 am

TheLastNinja wrote:
Dingo wrote:
CobaltMonkey wrote:
Bingo.
The names Dingo, Warrigal Dingo. Get it right.

Is it sad that this game is not even rego'ing on me radar? It just looks like another run of the mill future shooter to me THOUGH me not really read into it and would need the trailer to see the action

Well, you could say it's a sad state for [console] shooters, I guess?

I haven't seen any gameplay, and I haven't found any now that I just looked. But after being disappointed with how recent FPS&TPS have been turning out, I'm not very interested in the genre beyond MGS and Borderlands.

Is this a co-op-only game? No "competitive" multiplayer component?
Trailer got delayed due to copyright issues; no gameplay quite yet.

The game's really fun, though.
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

Nation Reputation : 23

PostSubject: Re: Fuse (Previously OverStrike)   Fuse (Previously OverStrike) - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:06 am

Looking forward to this...!
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: Fuse (Previously OverStrike)   Fuse (Previously OverStrike) - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:09 am

Announcement trailer!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Fuse (Previously OverStrike)   Fuse (Previously OverStrike) - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 2:31 pm

Jmw566 wrote:
eattheword wrote:
Jmw566 wrote:

I miss Project Abraham. That ARG was AMAZING and seriously like the highlight of that summer. I honestly don't think this is going to be an ARG, but I really hope that it is seeing as we haven't heard much about the game yet and that'd be a great way to create hype.
The problem was that the Project Abraham ARG was better than the game it was intended to market.
That's highly debatable. Even if most of the RFoM fans agreed that R2 wasn't as good as RFoM, a TON of people loved the coop and story modes of R2.

Personally, I think R2 was better than R3 in everything except graphics/tone/atmosphere.

But you still called R2 "garbage" (MyRes). Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: Fuse (Previously OverStrike)   Fuse (Previously OverStrike) - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:48 am

Before things got put into perspective by disjointed story mode and unplayable multiplayer R3 Wink
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Fuse (Previously OverStrike)   Fuse (Previously OverStrike) - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 1:42 pm

Lol. So you're saying it was garbage until some even worse garbage made it look good? Very Happy= :D
Personally I rate R3 as being 1,000,000 times better than R2 on most fronts but chacun à son goût I guess. Very Happy= :D

Anyhoo, looking forward to seeing more of Fuse to see whether it will be worth picking up.
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Fuse (Previously OverStrike)   Fuse (Previously OverStrike) - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 9:05 am

Reminds me of 'Haze'.. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: Fuse (Previously OverStrike)   Fuse (Previously OverStrike) - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 11:57 am

Leo_337 wrote:
I never played the full game of Haze, but I played the demo and can assure you that Fuse isn't garbage like that.

Why does it remind you of it?
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Fuse (Previously OverStrike)   Fuse (Previously OverStrike) - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 2:00 pm

art direction is similar and both are 4 player co-op games. It never reminded me of haze, but now that he mentioned it, I can see the comparison
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Fuse (Previously OverStrike)   Fuse (Previously OverStrike) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 9:10 am

Jmw566 wrote:
Leo_337 wrote:
I never played the full game of Haze, but I played the demo and can assure you that Fuse isn't garbage like that.

Why does it remind you of it?

nobody wrote:
...art direction is similar.

^ This ^

The recurring theme with both this and Haze is 'generic'.. I've heard it used several times and have to agree that it doesn't appear to bring much newness to the table. At best it will be R2 co-op mode with smoother graphics, no? Thinking
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: Fuse (Previously OverStrike)   Fuse (Previously OverStrike) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 10:19 am

I wouldn't say at best it would be R2 co-op with better graphics. At WORST it'll be R2 co op with better graphics. R2 co-op was a fun mode with no real substance or feeling behind it. You just played through to have fun with friends and to earn upgrades, etc. There wasn't a good story and the encounters were largely the same each time.

You can definitely see some things in Fuse that were in R2 co-op, such as the mag shield being a wraith analogue and the invisibility on one of the two longer range characters like the spec ops in R2, but Fuse has the potential to be so much better, especially if the unrevealed mode is similar to the mission style of R2's co op, which is what I'm hoping. I'm really hoping for a story and a separate "randomly" generated mode, but who knows?

Anyways, Fuse has the potential to have a good story and good characters, which is something that R2 co-op didn't have at all. I don't think it's really fair to judge it based solely upon the graphics as being generic. RFoM didn't have anything special about it and it turned out to be one of the best games I've ever played simply because it was fun and the story was good. That's what I'm REALLY hoping for with Fuse. I'm praying the story won't be disjointed and garbage like the R3 story.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Fuse (Previously OverStrike)   Fuse (Previously OverStrike) - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:56 am

Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Fuse (Previously OverStrike)   Fuse (Previously OverStrike) - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 7:30 am

Seems to have some Resistance weapons in it. Anyone spot the Marksman and the Cryogun? I must say it's looking like it could be a fun game. Would need to get my hands on it first though.
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: Fuse (Previously OverStrike)   Fuse (Previously OverStrike) - Page 3 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 1:49 am

Reviving this topic: there's a demo out for this game now and it's pretty fun. It's pretty challenging with more than 2 people and I like it.

Insomniac is also having a contest where people make FUSE videos and submit them for a chance to win $5,000. The community votes on the top 10 and then IG picks the top 4 to give $5,000 each to. There are only 80 entries, total before counting disqualified ones.

Here's a link to UnzippedZebra and mine's, a 90's advertisement for FUSE: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You can vote once every 8 hours per video. Sometimes the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] site messes up and gives you an error after clicking vote or just doesn't load at all.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: Fuse (Previously OverStrike)   Fuse (Previously OverStrike) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 12:18 pm

so IG gave me 2 free copies of fuse and im checking in to see if anyone interested in buying one off me. (ive sold the other as i had i pre-ordered)

ive had some interest from a friend of my brother's but hes hasnt given a straight answer as of yet.
Back to top Go down

Fuse (Previously OverStrike)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sixth Nation Gaming :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Shooters-
Jump to: