Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Dust 514

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

Nation Reputation : 19

Dust 514 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust 514   Dust 514 - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 2:25 am

They haven't shut down the servers. They just dropped support pretty much completely and sent all their forces to work on SOCOM 4, which ended up flopping hard. Servers aren't as smooth as they used to be and people have found ways to get outside of the map. There's also the fact that Sony forced Zipper to not add all the Clan War features, which resulted in many clans not wanting to play anymore.

As for Bethesda. It's not just the technical issues. It just seems like Skyrim is a very very easy game to pick up and play.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

Dust 514 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust 514   Dust 514 - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 6:11 am

this game looks very nice indeed but if its free how can they go to all this trouble fora free game there must be a catch you must pay for something?

it looks very technical it looks more for the intense gamer will the average joe
be able to pick it up and get a hang of it with out getting annihilated?

some of the game modes look like they could go for hours and it not just .O i want to
jump on for 1 hour and get out it looks like a game could go for ever.

in the vids it looked like you could change from 1st to 3rd person as you run and gun ?
i know it sed you could swap between them while in tanks and such.

will i be able to play with clan mate and friends around the world? not region locked?
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

Dust 514 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust 514   Dust 514 - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 6:54 am

Wadey wrote:
this game looks very nice indeed but if its free how can they go to all this trouble fora free game there must be a catch you must pay for something?

Well, of course there's going to be some things that will cost actual money. The game will be using a microtransaction model. One thing we'll most likely see is purchasing aesthetics. [Think TF2 hats.] Pretty sure you can also buy AURUM with real money. Along with other premium items. CCP has stressed that you will not be able to pay to win. Hopefully this remains true.

it looks very technical it looks more for the intense gamer will the average joe
be able to pick it up and get a hang of it with out getting annihilated?

some of the game modes look like they could go for hours and it not just .O i want to
jump on for 1 hour and get out it looks like a game could go for ever.

Average Joe? Hmm, highly doubtful that DUST will not have a steep learning curve. Most people couldn't get past MAG's steep learning curve, and this looks even steeper. You probably wouldn't be able to just load it up and start pulling off good scores as if it were CoD or BF or R3.

I doubt the main mode would last that long considering the amount of objectives and the fact that each team has a limited amount of clones. [Spawn tickets]

Either way, there will be a standard TDM [Ambush] mode. And there's also high security space, where the battles don't really mean anything and the corporations are NPC-owned. Low security and nullsec space is where things really get put on the line and have a much larger affect.

in the vids it looked like you could change from 1st to 3rd person as you run and gun ?
i know it sed you could swap between them while in tanks and such.

The video where it swapped between views was the Fanfest tournament. It was most likely the spectator camera. But maybe it'll be like ARMA where you could do that...though I doubt it.

will i be able to play with clan mate and friends around the world? not region locked?

DUST won't be region locked as far as I know.

Not sure if there will be an actual clan system. Unless you want to call the corporations your clan. But yeah, corporation members and friends can invite you into battles.

Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

Dust 514 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust 514   Dust 514 - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 1:15 pm

Yeah, the stressed that there's nothing you can buy with real money that can't be bought with the in game money.
Think of it like the costume pieces in Gotham City Imposters, Wadey. You can shell out real money to unlock them, or you can just use the Costume Coins you get in game to get them. Very Happy= :D
Though it is worth noting that we don't know any of the actual in game costs yet. If it takes ages to get enough in game credit to actually buy anything worthwhile...Sad Just have to hope that isn't how it is.
I know that EVE, the game with which this is connected, is a subscription MMO, meaning that people pay monthly to play. However, once you get well established enough and start really raking in ISK (game money) you can actually pay for your subscription with it. There are even people who will pay a couple of months subscription costs in advance with ISK for new people to try the game out. If they don't like it, no loss. If they do and keep playing, then they've got someone in their pocket that they can call on for help strengthening their own empire.
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

Nation Reputation : 104

Dust 514 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust 514   Dust 514 - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 1:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Whatever happens, CCP will probably listen to what people have to say regarding what happens in the game.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Dust 514 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust 514   Dust 514 - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 1:58 pm

Yup. That's what all the cheering was about when they announced that Dust would not be a pay to win game in the second video.

I've linked to this story in past posts and articles, but this is the best put together version I've seen. Be using it in the future, should the need arise. Thanks, Az. Very Happy= :D

Quote :
Another CCP e-mail was then leaked, claiming that the player reaction was "very predictable feedback" and it was important to look at what players were doing, not what they were saying. "Innovation takes time to set in and the predictable reaction is always to resist change," the e-mail stated.

In response, many players cancelled their subscriptions; they were done "talking" and wanted to start "doing."
This. This right Dust 514 - Page 3 860619 here. Clap
There is no more perfect illustration of what gamers need to do to the companies that push bad business practices on everyone. It won't happen, of course. Far too many now are uninformed and/or uninterested in making things better. They won't give up the good now to ensure the great later. And--
And I really need to stop derailing threads. Embarassed Laughing
It's hard not to though when the message is this important, and those who most desperately need to hear this are the kind of gamers who wouldn't bother to look at a thread dedicated to it.
Shrug
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

Dust 514 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust 514   Dust 514 - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 2:36 pm

I like Ben Kuchera (he wrote the Ars Technica article). I followed him when the Penny Arcade Report started up. Very Happy= :D

No, I'm not derailing! I'm just leading into this other article he wrote recently, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

Dust 514 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust 514   Dust 514 - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 9:11 pm

CobaltMonkey wrote:

Quote :
Another CCP e-mail was then leaked, claiming that the player reaction was "very predictable feedback" and it was important to look at what players were doing, not what they were saying. "Innovation takes time to set in and the predictable reaction is always to resist change," the e-mail stated.

In response, many players cancelled their subscriptions; they were done "talking" and wanted to start "doing."
This. This right Dust 514 - Page 3 860619 here. Clap
There is no more perfect illustration of what gamers need to do to the companies that push bad business practices on everyone. It won't happen, of course. Far too many now are uninformed and/or uninterested in making things better. They won't give up the good now to ensure the great later.
Shrug

Yep, more gamers need to grow spines. Actually, just more people in general.

Also, Zipper was officially shut down by Sony. I think MAG servers will be staying up though, not 100% sure...
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Dust 514 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust 514   Dust 514 - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 9:45 pm

Methinks I will be keeping an eye on Mr. Ben Kuchera. Good author.

I'm quite glad that Sony is taking a big step back on Dust514. Letting them patch and update whenever they want is going to be a huge help. In fact, with a game of this magnitude anything else would make it impossible. The expensive and obscenely slow at times certification process games have to go through for Sony (and M$) whenever they want to update or patch is a killer for a lot of games. I think it's not far from claiming Gotham City Imposters now, actually. Shame because that's a very fun shooter, with a few balancing and technical problems that need cleared up. Even it its current state I feel as though I got my $15 worth out of it though.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

Nation Reputation : 12

Dust 514 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust 514   Dust 514 - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 12:02 pm

im baaaaack!

any news on how to start up manufacturing facilities?
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

Dust 514 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust 514   Dust 514 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 12:21 pm

Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

Dust 514 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust 514   Dust 514 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 11:46 pm

Some nifty info.

Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Dust 514 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust 514   Dust 514 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 12:12 am

That's a guy doing Q&A about the game. Not with CCP, just very, very informed. Wrote that article you linked to, in fact.
On the same page are links to other good reading.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

Nation Reputation : 12

Dust 514 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust 514   Dust 514 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 12:50 am

im still very excited for what this game can bring to the genre as a whole.
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

Dust 514 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust 514   Dust 514 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 6:36 pm

5k private beta codes got sent out yesterday. Check your emails.

Not sure if they sent any out through PSN. My PS3 froze as a notification was popping up yesterday. scratch

Also, if the graph is correct, this means there will be 24p PvE/co-op horde mode?

Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Dust 514 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust 514   Dust 514 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 6:49 pm

Isn't the private beta only open to EVE players with PS3s/Fanfest attendees?
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

Dust 514 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust 514   Dust 514 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 9:15 pm

It was. Now they're opening it up, but it's still private and under very strict NDA.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Nation Reputation : 48

Dust 514 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust 514   Dust 514 - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 12:30 pm

Been reading a lot about this game, sounds so awesome! never been intrested in eve but now.. I must have it!
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Dust 514 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust 514   Dust 514 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 12:16 pm

Two Words:

Ever played a game with a badly designed map? A map that just seeing it be the next one up makes you want to quit out? *cough*Nuketown,Summit*cough*
What if you could change that map's bad layout through your actions? The landscapes themselves remain the same battle to battle. A hill is always a hill, and always in the same spot. But what (if anything) is on that hill can change dramatically even within a round. Buildings can be removed or added by those in command, or destroyed by enemy fire. And what each building does is very different from one another. Check out the link for more info and a better description.
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

Dust 514 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust 514   Dust 514 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 8:44 pm

Sounds promising, but I wonder how the implementation will be.

I definitely like that idea, though. It's like with Halo's foundry where the same space could be VASTLY different depending on how it is filled. I think that'll be good to make it not dull.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Dust 514 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust 514   Dust 514 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 10:34 pm

Yeah, the more awesome sounding things they announce, the more worried I get about how it will actually play. It's just so ambitious. I'm glad they're planning on taking it all slow about adding new features, but even just the stuff at the start is going to be tough to take in all at once. I really hope they have much better training for newbies than MAG ever did.
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

Dust 514 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust 514   Dust 514 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 9:46 pm

There is someone on my PSN list (who I can talk to occasionally) playing this. Shocked
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Dust 514 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust 514   Dust 514 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 10:03 pm

S/He shouldn't be able to tell you about it yet because of the NDA.
It's in beta testing for now, and looks to be for at least a couple months.
I've got my name in a drawing for a key at the moment myself. Here's hoping. Smile

Can't wait to hear more on the possible inclusion of Mechs, myself. It's only rumored at the moment, but there are Mechs in the EVE universe, so it's not out of the question.
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

Dust 514 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust 514   Dust 514 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 10:28 pm

There mechs in Starhawk ^_^

Dust is on me ps3
me wishes
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

Dust 514 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dust 514   Dust 514 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 10:42 pm

He's a friend I rarely get to see since I haven't been to the summer star party for years. Sad He's hardly ever on the PSN so I'm not sure if the fact he's on playing this game is something to make a note of.

I messaged him, so I'll see if he replies and says anything. If not, I'll stalk him on facebook and say hi. Razz
Back to top Go down

Dust 514

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sixth Nation Gaming :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Shooters-
Jump to: