The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Golfers UNITE!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Golfers UNITE!!!!!   Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:09 am

I have the opposite problem. I'm ok-ish with my longer clubs but I shank the life out of my shorter ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boogieman7247
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: Golfers UNITE!!!!!   Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:18 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
How come I can hit a 5- 9 clean, but I can't hit a 3 or 4 iron for sh1t*.

I hit my 9 100 yards everytime. I hit my 7 about 140 everytime. I hit my 5 about 160 everytime, but I cant hit a 3 or 4 to save my life. I top the sh1t* out of it.

because it is longer. instead of gripping towards the end of the shaft put your hand farther down closer to the metal, and stand a little closer. make sure that you keep your chin up when swinging...focus on not letting your chin drop. its not a driver so dont put it so far forward in your stance. dont try and scoop it. hit through it. try that and let me know what happends
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boogieman7247
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Golfers UNITE!!!!!   Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:19 am

I have the opposite problem. I'm ok-ish with my longer clubs but I shank the life out of my shorter ones.

when you say shank...what do you mean? you hit the shaft? you hit the outside of the club? you slice? you hook?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Golfers UNITE!!!!!   Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:21 am

when you say shank...what do you mean? you hit the shaft? you hit the outside of the club? you slice? you hook?

The ball shoots off 90 degrees to the right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dolemitesooner
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Golfers UNITE!!!!!   Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:22 am

I hit my 9 100 yards everytime. I hit my 7 about 140 everytime. I hit my 5 about 160 everytime, but I cant hit a 3 or 4 to save my life. I top the sh1t* out of it.

because it is longer. instead of gripping towards the end of the shaft put your hand farther down closer to the metal, and stand a little closer. make sure that you keep your chin up when swinging...focus on not letting your chin drop. its not a driver so dont put it so far forward in your stance. dont try and scoop it. hit through it. try that and let me know what happends
I will try it on Wednesday when I play. Pisses me off I can hit my 9 and 5 no problem, but then I will be like 200 out and I cant hit a 3 iron because I top the damn thing.

My buddies all hit their 3 200..... some 200 +

Last edited by Dolemitesooner on Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boogieman7247
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Golfers UNITE!!!!!   Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:24 am

The ball shoots off 90 degrees to the right.

the ball does not go forward it goes straight right? or it goes up in the air really fast and then bombs right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Golfers UNITE!!!!!   Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:26 am

It goes either straight right or 45 degrees right; in both cases at a height of no more than 2 inches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boogieman7247
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Golfers UNITE!!!!!   Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:29 am

the prob might be that you are not turning your hands over, or the ball is to far back in your stance. your long irons go straight because you have the ball further in your stance. when you start your back swing what is the first thing you do? do you turn your hands right away to get that angle?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Golfers UNITE!!!!!   Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:32 am

Well, I thought I did exactly the same thing as with the longer clubs (except stand a bit nearer and have the ball farther back in the stance). I'll have to see what I do next time I play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boogieman7247
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Golfers UNITE!!!!!   Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:39 am

no need. stand up and pretend to swing. do this. instead of trying to turn your wrist to get that perfect 90 degree turn that we all dream about. get a towel and put it under your right armpit. swing without...without...without a club. focus on first bending your right elbow. your wrist will naturally turn, dont help them. keep your left arm as straight as you can before it breaks. that is how far you should keep your backswing, to stay consistant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Golfers UNITE!!!!!   Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:39 pm

I went putting for the first time in a while today...Let's just say I sucked, and leave it at that. Mad *insert club breaking here*

In all seriousness though, I need to practice more than I have been doing.
Back to top Go down
Dolemitesooner
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Golfers UNITE!!!!!   Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:09 pm

I am going to go play early on Wednesday. Its my Birthday.....YIPPPIIIEEE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Golfers UNITE!!!!!   Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:24 pm

no need. stand up and pretend to swing. do this. instead of trying to turn your wrist to get that perfect 90 degree turn that we all dream about. get a towel and put it under your right armpit. swing without...without...without a club. focus on first bending your right elbow. your wrist will naturally turn, dont help them. keep your left arm as straight as you can before it breaks. that is how far you should keep your backswing, to stay consistant.

I'll try that. Do I have to be naked? It sounds more fun naked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boogieman7247
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Golfers UNITE!!!!!   Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:33 pm

I'll try that. Do I have to be naked? It sounds more fun naked.

you can be. have your dbw check out your form...hold the finish like you mean it Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhillyPride88
Second Nation

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: We're All Swingers Baby: The Golfer's Thread   Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:20 pm

So I figured that ETW and I deserved our very own thread that probably doesn't pertain to anyone else. Alright, so maybe there are more golfers than us out there. Whether you like to hit the links on occasion, or find your membership paid off within the first month of owning it, this is your sanctuary.

Post anything from the equipment you use to the round you just shot, if it has to do with golf, this is your place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhillyPride88
Second Nation

PostSubject: Re: Golfers UNITE!!!!!   Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:47 pm

I have a membership up at the local course. Every week, I probably get around 56 holes in. I'm not good in any stretch of the word, shooting around 50-59 per 9. I have been golfing for about three years, and I must say that every year I have matured much more. Not only have I learned how to play better, but I also am so much more relaxed when I play.

Anyways, just got back from golfing 9 today. Last time I was out I shot a 51...my lowest of the year. I've been trying to crack into the 40 all year. Well anyways, ended up getting log jammed behind a terrible golfer and a couple. Played the first three, and let the couple go ahead so we didn't have to worry about people playing behind us. At this point I wasn't golfing amazing, get a triple, a double, and a bogey. Not amazing, but that's how I roll.

After the turn, I noticed that I was playing much better. While I missed my GIR on 5, I had an up and down, and my chip left me literally one foot away from the hole. Would have been my first birdie this year Sad

Next hole is my nemesis hole, always gaining a stroke because of the woods or the water, but I actually split the tiny fairway, plopped up for a long birdie putt, missed, and sunk my next putt for another par.

The next hole, we find that terrible golfer is now behind US! We are driving up the par 3 when we hear a tremendous crash. She drove into the thick woods and obliterated the golf cart! So so so dumb.

Anyways, finished up with two more bogeys and a par. I haven't ever shot three pars before, and I shot a 46, my best round ever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: Golfers UNITE!!!!!   Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:14 pm

Topics merged.

The search feature is dumb here Philly in the fact that it only searches for topic titles.
It wont search through the actual messages themselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dolemitesooner
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Golfers UNITE!!!!!   Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:50 pm

Gosh Philly I see how you are. TOO GOOD TO POST IN MY THREAD HUH? lol

I played today on a course I have only played once this year and I shot 53 on the front with a 10 on 1 hole. YEAH A 10 so I would have been fine if not for that. Then on the back I shot 50 triple boogies on both the par 5's. Par 5's are killing me because I cant hit a long iron or a wood to save my life out of the fairway. I am going to go and drive twice this week and work on long irons and my fairway wood.

Boog why cant I hit a long iron or a 3 wood. but I can hit a 5 iron up great. GRRRRR.

Par 5's kill me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boogieman7247
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Golfers UNITE!!!!!   Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:57 pm

dang philly wants his own golf thread? damn what a forum snob.

dole did you try my advice from earlier?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dolemitesooner
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Golfers UNITE!!!!!   Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:55 am

Yeah I am going to go hit balls tomorrow night and I will try this. I did start holding the shaft closer to the metal but I am still having trouble.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boogieman7247
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Golfers UNITE!!!!!   Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:07 pm

im going to make a video this weekend for you handicap people Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhillyPride88
Second Nation

PostSubject: Re: Golfers UNITE!!!!!   Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:13 pm

Don't feel like typing all of today's shenanigans, but just wanted everyone know, I got my first birdie of the year (only my second one ever lol).

Par 3, hit the hill leading up to the green, rolled on and left me about 6 feet out. Putt bent left to right downhill slightly, and dropped in the middle of the cup.

Hooray beer...I mean me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Golfers UNITE!!!!!   Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:28 am

I've nearly had a birdie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boogieman7247
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Golfers UNITE!!!!!   Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:12 am

I have had a hole in one once.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Golfers UNITE!!!!!   Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:16 am

I have had a hole in one once.

So did I (if you discount the nine approach shots, that is).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golfers UNITE!!!!!   

Back to top Go down

Golfers UNITE!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: