Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Borderlands 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation
Rxforwar

Nation Reputation : 32

Borderlands 2 - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 40 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 2:45 pm

Bacon wrote:

Good ggs the other day Rx Smile

You too bud. I LOOOOOVE the Law you gave me. I'm a huge fan of that, together with Order shield. I prolly have to go find a level 50 Order tho. I don't think I'm getting as much protection as I should. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation
Rxforwar

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 40 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 2:48 pm

CobaltMonkey wrote:

To anyone interested, I would like to take on Hyperius sometime before the patch comes our way. Anyone with the DLC down for this?

I'm just as happy to do this as I am to farm "le giant werm". So whatev. I'll get on at 8:45 ish my time. I call it my time because it's superior to all other forms of time.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 40 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 3:07 pm

I should be back from class by then. I'll look you up.
Probably have a level 50 Order shield I can get you too. Have to check my bank.

Things to remember for Hyperius:
Non-elemental weapons will deal damage, but elemental ones pretty much won't.
A turret with shields on it can block Hyperius' blast attacks.
A Zero with maxed B0re can shoot through his minions and into him for enough damage to stagger him and make him unable to use his blast attacks (would be *very* useful).
You can shoot down those missiles his minions launch.
He won't start the fight until you take the first shot.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 40 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 3:21 pm

Mitchell wrote:
Thanks for the Terra farming last night Wadey Wink, finally got my Gunzerker to lvl 50 !!

Amy time mate! Guess what I got after you left!!
Back to top Go down
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation
Rxforwar

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 40 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 3:27 pm

CobaltMonkey wrote:
I should be back from class by then. I'll look you up.
Probably have a level 50 Order shield I can get you too. Have to check my bank.

Things to remember for Hyperius:
Non-elemental weapons will deal damage, but elemental ones pretty much won't.
A turret with shields on it can block Hyperius' blast attacks.
A Zero with maxed B0re can shoot through his minions and into him for enough damage to stagger him and make him unable to use his blast attacks (would be *very* useful).
You can shoot down those missiles his minions launch.
He won't start the fight until you take the first shot.

I think there's a respec station just outside his arena. I'll respect there and try it out. I've been holding onto a few above average purple snipers for the occasion.

I've forwarded the above intel to davedave via carrier pigeon, which is his preferred means of contact. Not technological, that one.

I'd love to look at any Order shield you might have. Much appreciated.

Why no mic on Dingo last night? As I recall, he rolls with a mic. You people without mics make me cry. Sad
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 40 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 3:35 pm

Going to try beating the dlc tonight if any one wants to jump on feel free .
Back to top Go down
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation
Rxforwar

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 40 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 4:26 pm

I completely respec'd my Zer0, and COPMPLETELY filled out the sniper tree. Along with some mod that added 6 to one thing, and 5 to another, and an artifact that adds 23% to sniper damage, I can say confidently that I, for one, wouldn't want to get shot by me. Cool
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 40 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 4:47 pm

But you would want to get shot by me.
Unfortunately, no one will ever stand still!
Angry :angry:
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 40 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 5:47 pm

@ Rx Dingo hasn't used a mic for idk how long
But it been a while!
Back to top Go down
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation
Rxforwar

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 40 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 6:56 pm

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Laughing
LOL!!

With my respect'd zero, I can't seem to do more than 720,000 damage per shot, no matter what I try.

Cool
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 40 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 7:13 pm

Dear Mr Ninja aka Rx

There is no mic here atm due to it was destroyed in the great puppy attack of 2011. There is a blue tooth one somewhere in the den but it might of got eaten as well.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 40 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 10:30 pm

Rxforstuffing wrote:
CobaltMonkey wrote:
Laughing
LOL!!

With my respect'd zero, I can't seem to do more than 720,000 damage per shot, no matter what I try.

Cool
Then you must not be using the Bee. I clear a million plus on Terra per shotgun pellet. Wink
Back to top Go down
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation
Rxforwar

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 40 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 10:45 pm

Dingo wrote:
Dear Mr Ninja aka Rx

There is no mic here atm due to it was destroyed in the great puppy attack of 2011. There is a blue tooth one somewhere in the den but it might of got eaten as well.
And that explains that. Laughing

I haz mah bee shield now, and I am now teh awesomesauce.
Shooting thru 3 opponents using this b0re is like...whoa...
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 40 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 1:36 am

A Zero with enough B0re is capable of oneshotting Bunker, fyi. Beam bounces around his eyes.

We did pretty good tonight, all told. Got Hyperius down to a third of his life. I'm thinking that we need to keep one minion alive until he's at least half health.
Conserve ammo until we can hit him with his shield down. Need to find out exactly what causes that. Might be a blast attack, might only be the double blast. Might even just be a timed event, like 'drops for 20 seconds every 2 minutes' or something. I'll research it later.

Also, something to think about, my Phaselock wouldn't work on him, of course, but the Convergence part of it did, I think. It was enough to stagger him when I'd use it on one of his minions, again I *think*. I know it pulled the minions for sure. But I didn't use it on them too much so that I'd have it for Rez, so I'm not 100% on it, but if so, then we could use that. Moreover, Singularity grenades would do the same thing without him needing to be near enough to a minion. Any would work as long as they're not homing and don't have more than, say, a two second fuse time. Damage is helpful, but not the main function. I'll keep an eye out.

The missiles fired by those minions can be shot down themselves, but you'd need something with a high spread like a Conference Call. I'm thinking a soldier with a shield turret (or two) and a CC could set up shop in a corner with a partner behind him. He watches for missiles and screens them out with the CC while his partner either does damage to the targets or keeps him healed.

Another thing, I think I wasn't always damaged by his blasts. I know that sometimes after them I would still have shields, so at least not all the damage came through. I believe it was when I had a small hill in between the two of us. His blast can't go through the ground, or at least weakens the first time it hits something. Turret shields are still the best defense, of course, but if you're in a pinch and there's a hill around it might help. Something else to try out.

@Jaded. Sorry about the meh haul from the treasure horde. If it's any consolation, my run was just as bad. Not above investigating that glitch you mentioned to go again.
I also think a Gunzerker could just Grenade Jump back onto the ledge from the exit room. Only he would get up there, true, but it's better than nothing.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 40 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 1:45 am

How many did you take on H with and classes ??
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 40 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 2:42 am

Four. Two Soldiers, an Assassin, and my Siren.
Technically 3 Soldiers, I guess. Jaded had to go, but Dingo switched in.
Like I said, we got him down to a third of his health. We just couldn't manage to stay alive after all his minions died. He gets huge and much more aggressive. Only thing I can think on how to counter it would be to run straight at him if he jumps at you. Even then I think you're still going to take a shockwave.

-------

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Borderlands 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top