The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

General Sports Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:01 pm

Pre season or not, it's time for some football! Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:05 pm

Don't watch one second of preseason football. I wait until the real season starts. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:07 pm

mattmo0121 wrote:
Don't watch one second of preseason football. I wait until the real season starts. Smile

I usually don't, but the ending of the lockout has really left me excited. I personally can't wait to see the Colts @ Rams game this Sunday, but Ill settle with Broncos @ Colts tonight. Tebow will hopefully make things interesting.
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:10 pm

Something I wouldn't mind would be Tebow getting his run n" gun offensive abilities smashed in with a classic thumb to the eye! Too far?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:02 pm

It's Romo vs Tebow...I dont even know who I can root for. At least Brady isnt playing in this game.
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:41 pm

Such high expectations for an overated player. On a different note, living in a suburb close to the Indiana, Illinois border, I hear a lot of Notre Dame fans saying the same crap. Their time is up (at least for a few years anyway) and the people taking the polls need to realize it. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:56 pm

Wow. The end of the Cowboys game was actually really good. Not bad for a pre-season game.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:47 am

pre season started already son of a .....
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:50 am

There's 5 games on today:
Bengals @ Lions
Dolphins @ Falcons
Steelers @ Redskins
49ers @ Saints
Buccaneers @ Chiefs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:47 pm

Big night of fantasy baseball tonight. My entire season is on the line and riding on how my 5 pitchers perform tonight. Ill either fight another day and get a game closer to the final playoff spot, or my team will finally collapse. Im hoping for the best.

Also, Colts @ Rams tonight. I can't watch it, but internet radio is never a bad thing! Smile
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:30 pm

Who are your five pitchers?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:32 pm

Tonight I have:
Colby Lewis (32 points with a win tonight!)
Daniel Hudson
Jamie Garcia
Tim Stauffer
Josh Tomlin

My full team is here:
http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=152854&teamId=9

I have a fantastic set of batters, but my pitching lineup is mediocre at best. I had a strong start in the season, 3-1, but when a couple of my pitchers went out I fell pretty hard. Im 8-9 right now, but I still have an outside shot at getting back into the 4th seed. Right now the current #4 is losing to the 1st seed, so if I win this week and he loses...Ill be on game back with 2 games left.
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:37 pm

Tomlim is okay, Garcia having a surprise season, Colby Lewis is one of the worst "aces" in the league, but could be a fantastic number 2, think Stauffer might not be having a great year because of how bad San Diego is, and not sure about Hudson. Your lineup is pretty good, but you got a couple of aging players who aren't really run producers: Jeter, Molina. Bet you're happy about Berkman though. Not trying to critique anything, though. Got myself a little caught up there. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:41 pm

To be honest, there really isnt much I can do now but live with what I have. Lewis is one of those players that drives me insane. One week he'll be on fire (like today), while the next he'll crater and force me to lose a good deal of points. Tomlin and Garcia are really in the same boat. Stauffer...he's off to a bad start tonight.

And you'd be surprised at how many points Jeter and Molina have gotten me. Sure they may be cold some nights, but Jeter doesnt have 3000 hits for nothing. When he hits, he HITS! Berkman, Holliday, Texeira, and Victorino are really my super star batters for this year, and yeah...Im loving Berkman. Laughing

If I win today Ill drop Stauffer and pick up a RP. I've basically been adding/dropping that spot for the past couple of weeks anyways.

***EDIT: This always happens...go figure the only player that is playing against any of my pitchers, Jay Bruce, is absolutely lighting up Stauffer. Well, if he plans on doing this he better get me a lot of points.
***EDIT2: Stauffer has officially cratered. -17 points so far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:57 pm

Now it's a REAL do or die...Im down by 30 points and have ONE pitcher for today. My fantasy season rests on the shoulders of Matt Harrison. Hopefully he'll have a stellar performance...
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:00 pm

I think, he's the no. 3 starter, but he could be no. 2 behind Lewis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:01 pm

Lewis was stellar for me last night, not to mention the Rangers bats have been on fire the past few games. That is why I picked him up...

Still, I was really hoping I would have taken the lead last night, but two of my pitchers (STAUFFER!!!) collapsed on me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:38 pm

And that should do it. The Ranger's late game collapse has left me 33 points behind. I still have Molina, Berkman, Holliday, and MAYBE Salas as an RP...but it's going to take a miracle for me to come back now.
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:46 pm

Tantrum
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:17 am

I'm officially out. Oh well, there is always next year. Plus, Im ready to crush the opposition with my stellar football team...

Anyone interested in MNF tonight? Jets @ Texans.
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:18 am

No. After never watching preseason football, I watch my Bears give up 9 sacks. facepalm2
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:22 am

mattmo0121 wrote:
No. After never watching preseason football, I watch my Bears give up 9 sacks. facepalm2

Didn't the Bears give up like 9 sacks in the first half one game last year?
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:27 am

8. Umienyora 4 of them. Our line will be even worse this year, now that Kreutz is gone. Bears better hope that Carimi produces.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:30 am

I didn't remember the exact number. All I remember was me being shocked that it was such a hugh number. Im not a fan of Cutler by any means, but I almost felt sorry for him that day. Laughing

At least Peyton Manning doesn't know how to be sacked. He just teleports away from defenders, it seems. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:46 pm

Oh my...I MAY actually still have a chance to make it into the playoffs! 4th seed is getting blown out right now, and if I win this weeks game Ill be one game behind with one week left. If he loses the final game and I win mine...I don't know, I may sneak in!

I won't get my hopes up, but it's nice that my team has a bit of life left in them!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   

Back to top Go down

General Sports Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: