The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

General Sports Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
matt
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:31 pm

Can I see the other teams roster?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:02 am

mattmo0121 wrote:
Can I see the other teams roster?

Which team? 4th seed or the guy Im playing?

Ledbetter (4th seed): http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=152854&teamId=8&seasonId=2011

Guy Im playing: http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=152854&teamId=4&seasonId=2011
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:16 pm

Ledbetter is awfully unlucky and lucky. Ellsbury, Kinsler, Avila, Verlander, Volgelsong, and Santos are having surprising seasons. But, Papelbon, Pujols, Melky Cabrera, Werth, and Upton are having down years (even Pujols, he usually has more then 30 HR by this time). You probably have a more consistent roster.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:31 pm

I have a more consistent BATTING roster, but my pitching staff again is just abysmal. Like I said, I may have some life, but my team really isn't that great overall.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:33 am

Gosh I really hope Peyton Manning recovers before the season starts. I'm not worried yet per se, but I'm definitely starting to get anxious thoughts...
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:37 pm

Colts wouldn't have signed a 5th quaterback if they thought he wasn''t going to miss some time. Ecspecially if its a former starter like Kerry Collins.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:43 pm

mattmo0121 wrote:
Colts wouldn't have signed a 5th quaterback if they thought he wasn''t going to miss some time. Ecspecially if its a former starter like Kerry Collins.

Well, I'm not terribly disappointed with the Collins signing. Although he isn't a great QB by any means, he brings some veteran experience to the table. Personally, I'd rather have him than Painter right now.

Still...Looks like I'm benching Wayne AND Manning for Week 1 of the season. Now I just need to decide whether or not I want to play Braylon Edwards or Ochocinco.
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:45 pm

I wouldn't with the catch machine Welker. Edwards has a worse quaterback but is the only receiver there, but Tom Brady somehow manages to get EVERYONE the ball...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:50 pm

mattmo0121 wrote:
I wouldn't with the catch machine Welker. Edwards has a worse quaterback but is the only receiver there, but Tom Brady somehow manages to get EVERYONE the ball...

The only problem with Edwards is that he "may" be suspended for Week 1 do to his DUI arrest. Really my current lineup of usable WR/RB are:

Wayne (No longer viable if Manning is out)
Edwards (Possible suspension)
Ochocinco (Brady has a lot of targets)
James Starks (2nd tier RB)
Plaxico Burress (I'm playing a wait and see approach for him)

I'm just glad that I was able to get a backup QB on the same "level" as Manning. Philip Rivers should do well in his absense.
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:58 pm

Shocked I would almost say start Rivers over Manning this season. Not quite ready to say it though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:06 pm

No matter what happens, I just cannot go against Peyton Manning right now. He is one of the greatest QBs of all time, and that alone makes him a must start. With that being said, I have Rivers for a reason and I will use him if the situation arises.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:28 pm

Three days left, and surprisingly enough Im still alive in the playoff hunt.

Im currently up 181-124.
The guy I need to lose is up 156-119. The real kicker will be Sunday, because the guy that needs to win has 3 pitchers.

The odds are still awful, but at least I have odds...
**Upon further review, I just realized I beat the current 4th seed guy 2-0 in the regular season, so if he does lose his game and I win mine...I will make it in because of the tie-breaker. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:13 pm

Good on ya Ratchet ! So how did you make out or do your teams still have to play?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:15 pm

I won my game but I was eliminated because so did the other guy. I finished 10-10.

Oh well, football season starts in just under 2 weeks, so Im looking forward to that.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:39 pm

Hey not bad, way better than I could do. I've decided to keep my sports fantasy team's roster filled with Dallas Cowboy and LA Laker cheerleaders. In other words I suck at it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:14 am

Woo hoo ! The first Avalanche game I go to this season is in 2 weeks on 9/23 Its the first exhibition game vs. St.Louis blues. Its also my B-day and I can't wait. Don't know if I should bring the wife or my son. Its a Friday so he wont have school the next day. What to do ???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
matt
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:49 am

Son!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:45 pm

I'm leaning in that direction Mattmo. But....hockey is the only sport my wife from Buffalo loves to watch . If I take my boy, it will cost me a expensive dinner with my better half at the very least. The cool thing is I'm golden no matter what since its my B-day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eve
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 26

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:53 pm

Son,
what kind of a father would you be leaving your 10 year old son at home Mad [/sarcasm]

but the real reason i believe you should take your son is because he'll show his appreciation much more

besides, when you get back from the game, you're wiffy should be keeping the bed warm for obvious reasons...

so you can sleep easy of course !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:54 pm

More than likely Peyton Manning won't be playing in Week 1... pale

If you excuse me, Im going to go cry myself to sleep.
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:00 pm

haha!
dislike him and the colts Wink

Chargers are my favorite team and colours.
Vikings have awesome colours as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:11 pm

Im laughing at the wife keeping the bed warm thing Mr. Destruction. My Wife uses 2 quilts in the summer sometimes. Ever sleep next to a block of ice? You can get frostbite if my sweetie's bare feet graze your ankle on accident. If my son behaves himself for the next two weeks or so he is going to a hockey game. Should be no problem 'cause he is a great kid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:11 pm

Psh. Colts > Chargers.

With that being said, I do have Philip Rivers on my team as well, so I guess picking up a star backup was a good idea on my part.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:19 pm

Back injuries can easily take a player out for a season. Those bulging discs can be weird tho so you might get lucky Ratchett. Manning is a great player like him or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eve
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:33 pm

rrwatch wrote:
Im laughing at the wife keeping the bed warm thing Mr. Destruction. My Wife uses 2 quilts in the summer sometimes. Ever sleep next to a block of ice? You can get frostbite if my sweetie's bare feet graze your ankle on accident. If my son behaves himself for the next two weeks or so he is going to a hockey game. Should be no problem 'cause he is a great kid.

Please,
Call me eve

Yeah, i would be the ice cube pale my feet are cold in the middle of the summer with snow boots on..
i can't sleep beside anyone without socks on. Razz
true story xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   

Back to top Go down

General Sports Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-