The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

General Sports Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
matt
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:01 pm

RatchetH22 wrote:
Psh. Colts > Chargers.

With that being said, I do have Philip Rivers on my team as well, so I guess picking up a star backup was a good idea on my part.
You pick up Rivers specifically for the fact that Manning might be out?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:02 pm

I mainly traded for Rivers because I wanted to have a dual star QB team. If one got injured, I could switch him out with another high scorer without worry.

Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:21 pm

Damn Lance Briggs for asking for middle linebacker type money. If we trade him him, we better get a 1st rounder, some sort of secondary help, or O-linemen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:22 pm

Peyton Manning... No

Manning or not, I look forward to seeing what the blue and white do this season. Smile
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:23 pm

Kerry Collins is simply a beast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:24 pm

matt wrote:
Kerry Collins is simply a beast.

That sarcasm stings.
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:25 pm

Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:42 pm

Ol Peyton had another neck surgery. Out 2-3 months, or possibly the entire season...

I already miss my quarterback. No [/T.O.]
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:13 pm

lets go buffaloooo lmao
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:33 pm

Welp, I dont think the Colts are going anywhere this season. That wasnt good at all.

On the plus side, Im going to win my first game of the fantasy season. A lot of my players performed quite admirably.
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:35 pm

Bears spanked the Falcons with a 2 by 4. Hester nearly broke one, he tripped.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:37 pm

(1-0) in fantasy football and I get to play one of my best friends this week.

Oh this will be interesting...Laughing
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:43 am

Any side bets with your friend Ratchett ? Just to make things interesting .........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
matt
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:27 pm

rrwatch wrote:
Any side bets with your friend Ratchett ? Just to make things interesting .........
I do a number of side-bets. Luckily the White Sox had a losing season this year. Laughing Gabe Carimi is out a month, its a shame too because he was holding off New Orleans pretty well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:06 pm

Went to the Mariners @ Rangers game with a few friends last night. I had an absolute blast. There's nothing like hanging out with awesome people to make you feel better.
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:31 pm

Two mega-collapses oing on in both wild card races. I want the Rays to beat the Sox, Cardinals on the hand.... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:24 am

2-1 in my fantasy football league so far. Last week was an awful game, but I still pulled out the victory 69-47.

I play a 3-0 guy this week.
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:36 pm

Colts should not have wasted their money on Collins. I bet {ainter or Orlovsky could've done better, although its not their fault that Mannings injury got worse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whatbearisbest
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:21 am

As much as I love the Tigers, I think I hate the Yankees more. Last nights game was awesome
Back to top Go down
View user profile
matt
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:52 am

Why not the Tigers?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whatbearisbest
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:53 am

why not the tigers what?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
matt
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:57 am

whatbearisbest wrote:
why not the tigers what?
Oh. Sorry. You said you "love" them. I misread. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:06 pm

I was a Met fan when I lived in NY. Got into many a schoolyard brawl over Mets Vs Yankees.
Still when the opportunity came for me to go to a Yankee World Series game when I was older I jumped at it. It was against the LA Dodgers so there were all these old men from Brooklyn rooting for their old team. I'm a Rockies fan now lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:21 pm

Avalanche and Red Wings face off tonite... wish I was going. Its Peter Forsberg jersey retirement nite should be some good swag given out. On a sadder note, also at tonite's game Karlis Skrastins and Ruslan Saleie two former Avs players who died in a Russian team plane crash last month will have a memorial tribute.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:00 pm

Huge game of fantasy football tomorrow. Im at risk of falling to 2-3, and I'd like to start getting putting some distance between myself and the guy behind me for playoff seeding. So far my team has been...fairly lackluster:

• Philip Rivers- Has been inconsistent, but last week's game is hopefully a good sign.

• Adrian Peterson- Has been very good, but I need McNabb to start doing better. Defenders are starting to stop Peterson sooner because of the passing problems.

• Isaac Redman- Dropped Ochocinco for him. I'm aiming for him to be a one hit wonder since Mendenhall and Moore are both injured.

• DeSean Jackson- Jackson has been VERY volatile due to Vick's injuries. Unfortunately, I left him on the bench last week and it effectively lost the game for me.

• Reggie Wayne- No Peyton Manning = No fantastic numbers. He's currently the odd man out on my lineup, so if he fails to perform again this week...I have a feeling Ill be running with 3RB/2WR.

• Michael Crabtree- Needed a replacement for Andre Johnson. Crabtree looks to be picking up some steam, so Im hoping he performs.

• Greg Olsen- Has the breakout QB of the year, and is one of the only good recievers on the Panthers. He's performed well thus far.

• Lions D/St- That's right. Im benching the Steelers defense in favor of the red hot Detroit Lions.

• Jason Hanson- Highest scoring kicker in fantasy right now. Im not complaining.

BENCH:
  • Andre Johnson- This injury hurt my team big time, for he was my most consistent WR for the first 3 weeks. I hope he has a speedy recovery...

• Steelers D/St- Very disappointing so far. They can't stop much right now.

• James Starks- The RB duel between him and Grant has hurt his value right now, but I have a feeling he'll become the #1 back in Green Bay and will produce the way I figured he would.

• Steven Jackson- Once he recovers from his injury I will have a fantastic RB combo with him and AP. He was quiet last week, but that recieving TD was nice.

• Anquan Boldin- Has been disappointing so far, but then again Flacco has been pretty bad during the past two games. He'll produce soon enough, I think.

• Brandon Pettigrew- He's getting some nice yards/targets, but he isn't getting the TDs (Thanks Megatron). If he scores this week, he'll more than likely earn a spot on my starting lineup.

• Ryan Torain- Washington RBs. Ugh. With that said, his heavy hitting game last week may have deflated Hightower BIG TIME (whom I traded the other week). If he has taken back the #1 RB spot in Washington, then Ill have made a good free agent steal.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Sports Thread   

Back to top Go down

General Sports Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: