The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:26 pm

My spoon is too big.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:13 am

There is no Spoon

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jmw566
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:48 pm

Mah SPOON is too BIG
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reo
Sixth Nation

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:17 am

Is it bad to drink LOTS of milk?
I mean, as of now I usually drink like 1 gallon (4 liters) every day and I just don't want any possible side effects longer down the road.

What I'm trying to ask is....will I someday become a cow?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:49 am

You won't become a cow. Might gain some weight and if it's full fat milk I guess it could be full of saturated fats. However too much of anything is bad for you. Moderation is key.

*Says the person who drinks 3 units of Alcohol in an hour when he's out*

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reo
Sixth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:07 am

Lod wrote:
You won't become a cow

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:52 am

Here in Canada the milk is fortified with some vitamins (like two) but the biggest thing it has is calcium. I think your body stops absorbing calcium into your bones after 35, so it's good to "stock up" before hand but if you keep getting calcium then the amount the leaves your bones drops. I don't think it's a huge concern but something to keep in mind.

House of 5 here goes through about a 4L jug a day (which I think is a lot) but it's probably good to drink other stuff too. Orange juice is nice, and sometimes there's just nothing like a cold glass of water.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reo
Sixth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:48 pm

So far I'm not noticing anything bad other than I get the worst breath ever, haha.
The reason I just go bananas over milk atm is that I'm bulking up and it's easy calories. Roughly 600 calories per liter which sums it up to a total of 2400 extra per day. I get tons of vitamins from it and a nice portion of protein too. So in a sense, it's optimal for me, but I'd hate to get problems later on, just because I was being ignorant.

Oh well, if bad breath is the only side effect....meh, who needs kisses anyway? Razz

On a semi-related subject, I've gained 14 lbs over the recent 2 weeks. Go Reo!! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:09 pm

It wont help you bulk, but diet shakes are better. (Like Slim Fast)
Much more protein and other vitamins.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reo
Sixth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:21 pm

Uhm, are you sure you know what bulking is, Six? Laughing
"Slim Fast" sorta makes me think of losing weight, not gaining, haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
banded1
Tenth Nation

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:31 pm

Sheogorath wrote:
Here in Canada the milk is fortified with some vitamins (like two) but the biggest thing it has is calcium. I think your body stops absorbing calcium into your bones after 35, so it's good to "stock up" before hand but if you keep getting calcium then the amount the leaves your bones drops. I don't think it's a huge concern but something to keep in mind.

House of 5 here goes through about a 4L jug a day (which I think is a lot) but it's probably good to drink other stuff too. Orange juice is nice, and sometimes there's just nothing like a cold glass of water.

house of 6; 4 boys. about 4L through the day and another 2-3 at dinner when we're home.

i love milk, so half that consumption might be me Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:43 pm

Yeah, it's good. I like 1% - thick enough to tell that it's something other than water, but not too thick like the 2% or homogenized.

I get bored of milk sometimes and make some juice or something. I hate how the frozen juices are in smaller containers now. Angry :angry:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:57 pm

Reo wrote:
Uhm, are you sure you know what bulking is, Six? Laughing
"Slim Fast" sorta makes me think of losing weight, not gaining, haha.
the idea behind slim fast and other diet shakes is that you REPLACE a meal with it. Not have it with a meal. You drink it as your meal. Which is why I could never do that... drinks don't make me full.

I had a glass of whole milk once... I thought I was going to puke.

I prefer 1% just because it is lighter on calories and what not... But at my house there is a constant fight between 2% and 1%. I buy 1% dad buys 2%. It's not a taste thing for me I honestly cannot tell the difference.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:06 pm

I think there's slight differences in taste between the various percentages and brands, but "texture" is what I notice most. Skim milk is terrible - it's like white water.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
banded1
Tenth Nation

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:45 pm

Sheogorath wrote:
Yeah, it's good. I like 1% - thick enough to tell that it's something other than water, but not too thick like the 2% or homogenized.

I get bored of milk sometimes and make some juice or something. I hate how the frozen juices are in smaller containers now. Angry :angry:

1% is god. 2% is I love you

hot chocolate in 2% omg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:07 pm

I used to drink 2% but find it's too thick now.

I put my chocolate milk in my hot chocolate. Razz Do you drink any of the Milk 2 Go flavours?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:16 pm

Sheogorath wrote:
I think there's slight differences in taste between the various percentages and brands, but "texture" is what I notice most. Skim milk is terrible - it's like white water.
Skim milk is like water yes... but I seriously can not tell the difference between 1% and 2% at all... lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:23 pm

There is a difference. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jmw566
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:14 am

2%, Whole, 1%, everything else that exists in the world, skim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:53 am

Wait... there's more than just skim and full cream milk!!? Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:37 am

It confuses the f*** out of me too, what with all these percentages.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:23 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reo
Sixth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:26 am

3% milk is GOLD. Mix that with chocolate protein powder = homemade milkshake that's good for you *droooool*

I'll look into getting "meal replacements" to shove into my belly after a meal, sounds like a good plan. Just eating food and chewing takes too long and makes you feel full faster.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:45 pm

Razz 3% is too thick.

Can someone please explain to me why Excel is giving me a curved line when I asked for a linear best fit line? Evil or Very Mad

Spoiler:

EDIT: nvm, the log scale might have something to do with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:03 pm

I've never heard of 3% milk. Only Skim, 1%, 2% and Whole.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   

Back to top Go down

Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: