The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:52 am

Let's not get that started, please. Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 82

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:23 am

Thanks for the corrections.

Six's banner
Quote :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:03 am

Didn't we have some banners already done? I cannot see them, only the pics for the Issuu [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I would appreciate any help. I am newish to Photoshop...

Banner for Az's article

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:03 am

oh I like that Six degrees one.

I am not sure on other banners. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:56 am

banner for cobalt's article

Back to top Go down
View user profile
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:02 am

*** sniggers *** Monkey said 'homophone' *** sniggers ***
Very Happy= :D
Well, that's all I've got.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:06 am

Well... I am not sure on any! but our whole graphic team is absent, I have been asking for graphics for almost a month, so please make anything you can if you want something else. I might have used photoshop only 3 or 4 times before so I welcome any help. I am sure it is taking me double the time just because lack of experience.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:46 am

Taking a break. Feel free to improve what it has been done and / or do whatever is left, we still need:

* Banner for eattheword's article
* Banner for Liam's article
* Banner for the comments on a Resistance Film
* Banner for the crossword solution
* Banner for credits

Also, since the interviews do not really go with any theme and they are a bit "off-topic" from the theme... what about posting this month EcR's interview, which is already done? Rx then for the next one. If so, we need a banner for that too.

Are you all happy with the Introduction / Editorial?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:13 pm

Pleased as punch, Elf girl.

Should we ask the Graphics board people?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:02 pm

Yes, please. Could you please ask? They will get a place in the credits. I cannot do anything tomorrow but I have Wednesday morning off.

This is what we need:

* Banner 1. Theme/pics: Resistance 3 and COD. Title: Tales from The Wrong Side: To Cod be the glory!

* Banner 2. New releases: Resistance 3, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, Modern Warfare 3, Deus Ex, Battlefield 3... Title: ??? Idk, Liam has not said.

* Banner 3. Theme: Film/Reel and Resistance. This is for the comments on a Resistance Film. Title: Reader's Transmissions on a Resistance Film. (Reader's Transmissions won the poll in the thread for the comments)

* Banner 4. Crossword solution

* Banner 5. credits

Thank you very much. Tell them this needs to be done asap/48h. Max 350px high, 500px wide.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:17 pm

I like the GR banner! Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:42 am

I had a whole rambling post about how title is a rude word.

I can't think of a title for it... Considerable Purchases? The Ramblings of an Impulse Buyer? Fourth Quarter, Fall of Resistance?

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:28 am

I posted a request for help at Myres too in its Graphics request thread. Maybe that will help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:38 am

Thanks. Please let me know if anyone replies. I will work on these banners on Wednesday if no one replies. Thanks. You are stars.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:58 pm

PM'd to me.
Valkurie wrote:
Here is what I have come up with so far... about to head to the doctors so I will try to do a bit more when I get home..

let me know your thoughts.. what you'd like to see different,.... etc...

including two different versions...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:36 pm

DOUBLE POST because also these:

Valkurie wrote:
Told ya I'd work on some more when I got home Wink

This is what I came up with for New Releases..... moving onward to the film one...

New Releases - no title
Spoiler:

New Releases - twist
Spoiler:

Valkurie wrote:
I think this is what you're looking for in regards to the film?....

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:27 pm

T-t-t-t-TRIPLE POST!!!
The hits just keep on coming. Laughing

Valkurie wrote:
Doing this has pushed me and made me realize I am capable of more than I knew.....

...and I'm loving it!!!!

Spoiler:

Valkurie wrote:
Aaaand.. the last of them...

let me know if you guys want me to tweek anything. I'll be more than happy to!!!!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:23 am

Seyel wrote:

Thank you very much. Tell them this needs to be done asap/48h. Max 350px high, 500px wide.

Wow, that is more than I had expected!!!

Tell Valkyrie if you could that we will put her name on the magazine. Should we also ask her to contribute? or is it too soon? Has anyone replied in MyRes offering help?

Could you please ask her to see if the pics could be reduced to around 500px wide x 350px high ? I would like to have them all around the same size, the ones in the Issue #1 were 612px x 200px. I was planning to change sizes and adjust all to the same size for this one, once we get all the pics. If I do that with her current pics, the font is a bit too small. I would rather have more regular/normal fonts, not sure about the one in the "Credits". The ideas are good and I like the crossword one, but it needs to be spelt right. I feel most pics are too big.

Banner 1: Cod/Resistance. Nice idea, but too much focus on the pics and not so much on the title, which is the important bit. Maybe just take one guy from each pic and put them together? One from Resistance, one from COD? Then the title. Too much going on, imo.

Banner 2: Nice, maybe just rearrange it just so the pic is small. "Readers Transmissions" I think needs an apostrophe after the s: "Readers' transmissions", if it means "the transmissions of/by the readers (plural)" or before the s: "Reader's transmissions" if it means "the transmissions of/by a reader (any, singular). Not sure on the blue font, too much contrast.

Banner 3, releases: Too much focus on the pics and not so much on the title. The idea is good. We could put loads of releases in the background and a big title in front. People do not need to read the game cases, just get a glimpse, then read. I like the "Are you ready?"

Banner 4, credits: it doesn't make it for me.

Banner 5, crossword: nice idea, too big.

You know what? That is just too much to pass on, I will send her the pm myself. Brilliant work all!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:20 am

I have asked her to change the first three and leave the credits and crossword banner.

Valkurie wrote:
I have no problems with doing the tweaking, as long as
it can wait until I get home from work this afternoon. I should be home
no later than 6 pm est. I doubt it will take me long to do as you
request - I will send them to you as soon as I have them
finished!

I have said that if he could have it for tomorrow it would be great.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:46 am

Valkurie wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last but not least -

Reader's Transmissions - 200 x 500

Font - Sans - Orange

Spoiler:

I think the first two need to be reduced in size, maybe just cut out the images around the title?

I leave this on your hands. I told Valkurie that I was going to post them here and if anything else needed to be done then maybe Monkey would contact her.

Where's banded?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:48 am

Has she corrected the Crossword Solutions banner's spelling yet?

There are four different Tales ones. Are we supposed to pick the best? If so, I vote for the White Text one.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:44 am

I told her to forget about the crossword and the credits one, because they are the easiest ones and I had some drafts half done. Yeah, they are to choose. Do you think we need to re-size them / crop them?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:01 am

Cropping would have worked. The banner for mine is... messy looking....

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:54 am

Liam, I have made this one below, is it ok for yours?

Is banded still on holiday?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:55 am

^Dang, that's perfect missus.^

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   

Back to top Go down

ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-