The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 82

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:12 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:36 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:36 pm

Do we still have that graphic that combined R3 with COD? That was amazing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:51 pm

Yes, we do, but that was the cover for issuu. Quite big. Let me see if I could make it smaller. It really was amazing.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:24 pm

eatty, what about this? I used that pic FoG did for you and just added a dvd to put the title.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:34 pm

Coool!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:51 pm

Oh, thanks.

As I said yesterday, I might or might not have internet tomorrow. I didn't expect to have it today but BT has not cancelled. However, I am moving out everything tomorrow and we won't have internet in the new flat until the 12th. I will be around from work but it will usually be a few minutes here and there.

For this issue we need to:

1. Add the rest of comments for the Resistance movies, the thread is in these boards, I copied some but did not finish. Idk how to do it, should we just put all comments into quotes?. Does MyRes allow spoiler tags to group them all? I hope we do not have problems with the quotes there.... If so, just take quotes out and put name in bold and comment. Please check the line I wrote as intro in that section and add more to it if you can.

2. Add credits: Add names of staff plus Val for her help.

3. I cannot remember how the MyRes thread was organized. Add this issue to the OP, post every article IN A SEPARATE POST in that same thread and then put the link to the Intro/Editorial in the OP.

4. Check the break lines.

5. Please have a look at it and see if you can spot any mistake before posting it there.

6. Please tell Val we will be using the banner for the Readers' Transmissions and thank her for the work, even though not all of them go up.

THANK YOU ALL!!

We need to recruit more staff for graphics.

Not sure if I am forgetting anything... hope not!

Last edited by Seyel on Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:16 pm

DP. The articles and banners are in the OP of this thread.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:23 pm

Also, in the Readers' Transmissions we need to write this bit and remove the bookmark I put in place:

[SMALL PARAGRAPH ASKING FOR COMMENTS ON SOMETHING ABOUT RESISTANCE 3 GOES HERE, for example, what is your favourite spot in multiplayer or what's your iconic sentence in R3 (in the same way that "it's been an honour" in R2 or any other). we should avoid anything about campaign because of spoilers and anything like what do you think about X because of trolling. Comments on your "favourite whatever" will be positive]

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:10 pm

This is really tough to write without asking for spoilers. Should we only ask about the multiplayer?

"Now that many have their hands on R3, this month we're asking for your thoughts on it. Got a favorite weapon in multiplayer? Is there a map that you just love? What do you think of the gadgets and abilities? Let us know and we'll put your thoughts in the next month's Readers' Transmissions column."
Something like this?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:37 pm

yeah, that's good. It's done, it just needs to be checked and posted. I cannot do it from a mobile Sad
Six needs to edit the op in MyRes.
I wouldn't like it to be outdated again. It's all very good and now we have many more potential readers! Very Happy= :D

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:10 pm

Maybe this should be every two months. Razz

How's it going?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:04 pm

Its just my personal opinion, but i think this should just be ended. Lets face it, we dont have the time, and most in the R3 community doesn't have the care. As much as i hate admitting it, there is no MyRes community any more. There is only a Global resistance community.
What ever actual group of people do enjoy R3 there will be halved soon anyhow once all these other games get out.

We gave it an effort, but lets face it...

MyRes as we all knew it in any form is dead now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:46 pm

Well, that sucks.
Still, there's no sense letting hard work and a good idea go to waste. I was planning to anyway, but I'm going to go ahead and post my article into the blog. I know that isn't very consistent either, but I do like it. Just don't have much to say lately.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:49 pm

Well, Im no deciding voice. This really was Seys baby. But with her internet down, no graphics as of yet....idk.....just seems silly to me to go on with a half finished mag.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:20 pm

Idk... if it's just the graphics holding the magazine back, could we go ahead minus the graphics?

A thought:
What about doing a single article every week? Say if you have four writers: one writes for the first week, two for the second, etc, and on the fifth week one has an article ready again. Everyone could still pitch in with feedback but everything could be staggered and there would be more consistent content for readers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:28 pm

Azira wrote:
Idk... if it's just the graphics holding the magazine back, could we go ahead minus the graphics?

A thought:
What about doing a single article every week? Say if you have four writers: one writes for the first week, two for the second, etc, and on the fifth week one has an article ready again. Everyone could still pitch in with feedback but everything could be staggered and there would be more consistent content for readers.

Not bad. Im not against the MyRes Quarterly either.

For myself, I was hoping anything that i could do for it would remain a little more true to the first MRM. Something that focused on the community itself. I dont see that being something to easy to do with a complete lack of a real community. The way i see it, which could be wrong, but MyRes is nothing more than another troll haven and a place for the GR people to hang.

We can, if you all would like, can just take what we have and post it in the thread version. idk anything about issu, how to use it, etc.
I would remove mine. At this point it is just too dated to even try to ammend.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
banded1
Tenth Nation

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:38 pm

myres is fractured its either complaining about r3, talking about GR or trolling whomever. most of the 1.0 people dont even go there anymore unless its to wave their e-peens around and talk about how awesome they USED to be. Rolling Eyes

southern command is where youll find most of the 1.0 crowd hanging out because its way at the bottom where all the trolls and idiots are too lazy to go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:20 pm

Seeing as how the issue is just sitting here at the moment, I'd just post it as a thread version with what we have now. We might all like to see a little more work done on it, but isn't that the way with anything? It seems like a waste to just brush away the work put into this issue. It might be better to publish and get this out of the way and start thinking about something new.

Is there any kind of rewards thing we can do to reward good forum behaviour? Have a monthly contest for "Most Helpful [Board] Poster" for the month and get a userbar to carry in their signatures. People seem to really like the GR bars. There are lots of people posting around trying to be helpful; maybe it should be recognized in the community. They could get a little blurb about themselves in the magazine.

Seeing as how there were award contests for 1.0, how were those run? How difficult would they be to do on a monthly basis?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:31 am

Maybe cuz its Monday morning...I dont follow the question. Sorry Az.
Do you mean like, member of the month and what not?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
banded1
Tenth Nation

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:27 am

even the sig of the month contest got cancelled and it only lasted 2 months.

im not sure how we'd do member of the month if thats what az is talking about. we dont exactly have an efficient way of watching out for people who do a good job around the forums in terms of posting and all that.

i think what az is talking about was the stuff like "best looking male/female member" and that. i remember seeing stuff like that back in 1.0
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:07 pm

I don't think there's anyone around to really take the prize of MotM right now (of the people cluttering up the R3 and GR boards). I don't even look in the Human Base because the people in there are unbelievable.

So I was thinking let's say we're looking for a "Most Helpful Resistance 3 Poster". Then we ask readers to nominate posts by quoting them and providing a link. If we let it run for the month of November then during the first week of December members can vote on which post they thought was most helpful. The winner gets a userbar with the month they won on it. Members could win multiple times to encourage good posting and if the contest gets good reception then maybe we could add 1st, 2nd and 3rd places for posts.

Shrug

The good posters would get recognized among all the bad posts, or that would be the idea anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:34 pm

I like the idea, but I can't help but think that this is something that their mods and admins should be doing. Not really our place.
Shrug

Back to top Go down
View user profile
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:02 pm

There's about half a dozen helpful posters on MyRes at the moment. The rest are either monosyllabic trophy whores or trolls, or both.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
banded1
Tenth Nation

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:21 pm

lol

i can count like 3. and im not one Razz

EDIT: btw are you guys going to shut that suicidedrug guy down at some point? he's, legit, made like 7 threads in the r3 section that have all be done before. its actually getting annoying Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts   

Back to top Go down

ISSUE #2 BEGINNINGS, final drafts and layouts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: