The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

G.A(Gamers Anonymous) Here to Talk

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
adamonkey
Fourth Nation

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: G.A(Gamers Anonymous) Here to Talk   Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:25 pm

So this is Gamer Anonymous a place for you to talk about your gaming addiction,
This thread if for fun,
so come and tell us about your addiction to gaming,
Dont worry we dont bite

So I'll start things off!

Hi, I am Adam,I'm 21 and addicted to gaming!
So all my problems started when i was about 6 when i had the Super Nintendo and a copy of Super Mario World.I played that game like crazy,and when i was a bit older my dad had bought a ps1(man ps1 old school) and crash bandicoot(before it sucked) and tekken, Then as i turned 10 i had a N64 with a bunch of games my favorites where the Legend Of Zelda and Super Smash Bros, And at this time i had a game boy colour with pokemon and some others but i loved that game,then for x-mas I got a Gamecube with Starfox Adventures that was a pain, then at 14 i had got a job at taco bell to pay for my addiction so the first thing i bought was a Nintendo DS when they first came out with mario kart and Dragonball Z.and then i was 16 and i had a xbox(it wasnt really mine it was my cousins) but i played that for bit then my other cousin got a ps3 when they first came out with that andplayed that alot now i own a ps3 and a wii i am addicted to online gaming really bad i wot touch my console if i dont have internet.
If there is anyone out the that shares the feeling about game as a sickness(its not)but please post here!

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: G.A(Gamers Anonymous) Here to Talk   Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:39 pm

Hi, Im Chris, and I beat Resistance 2 50 times.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation

Nation Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: G.A(Gamers Anonymous) Here to Talk   Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:55 pm

im dmick, and im an alchoholic.

oh crap, wrong thread
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: G.A(Gamers Anonymous) Here to Talk   Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:13 pm

I cant stop playing zombie games. No

It started with one or two attempts at Kino der Toten on weekends.
Next thing I knew I was knifing zombies a few times through the week.
As I built a tolerance to nazi zombies, I found myself moving into other zombie games.
Dead Nation
Zombie Apocalypse
I even found myself at the ps store on work days debating buying the Resident Evil Directors Cut

My work has suffered. My family life has suffered.
But most of all....those bone sucking maggots suffered!

I regret nothing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dmick024
Sixth Nation

Nation Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: G.A(Gamers Anonymous) Here to Talk   Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:19 am

i have dead nation, thats a fun one.

my gaming addiction started back in 88 when my dad bought an atari 2600 at a garage sale with about 6 games. tanks! was my first multiplayer experience and i dont think that will ever be matched by any other game. my brother and i would punch eachother in the arms to screw up aim and tank control, lol.
1990 i got my nes and that was like entering the gates of heaven. sooooo many games availible for cheap at flea markets in the area. in 1994 i got a snes at the tail end of that systems life, and liked it but it was just not the same as the old nes.
i played on my brothers 64 when i could ( when he was not around ) and thought it was spiffy. bought a ps1 in 2002 and good lord the difference in games was eye opening. bought a ps2 solely for final fantasy 12 ( second favorite to final fantasy 9 ).
i played pc games during this time as well, actually from 1995- 2006. x wing vs tie fighter is my all time favorite pc game followed by wing commander 4.
played 360 for about a year, and then 1.5 years ago i made the great investment in the ps3 system.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
adamonkey
Fourth Nation

PostSubject: Re: G.A(Gamers Anonymous) Here to Talk   Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:34 am

Dmick024 wrote:
im dmick, and im an alchoholic.

oh crap, wrong thread
ahahahaha well i guess we can help you to
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: G.A(Gamers Anonymous) Here to Talk   Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:07 am

Hi my name is Liam and I'm here cause my family think I have a "Gaming Problem"... But I don't see it as a problem man. I can handle it man. No problem. You all got the problem. Not me.

Six wrote:
I cant stop playing zombie games. No

It started with one or two attempts at Kino der Toten on weekends.
Next thing I knew I was knifing zombies a few times through the week.
As I built a tolerance to nazi zombies, I found myself moving into other zombie games.
Dead Nation
Zombie Apocalypse
I even found myself at the ps store on work days debating buying the Resident Evil Directors Cut

My work has suffered. My family life has suffered.
But most of all....those bone sucking maggots suffered!

I regret nothing

Hey man, you want some Dead Island, good stuff there man.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
adamonkey
Fourth Nation

PostSubject: Re: G.A(Gamers Anonymous) Here to Talk   Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:10 pm

I am sure there are more of you out there please come and talk about you addiction !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: G.A(Gamers Anonymous) Here to Talk   Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:09 am

Dont worry... after the PSN blackout tomorrow they will see how bad they are hooked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
adamonkey
Fourth Nation

PostSubject: Re: G.A(Gamers Anonymous) Here to Talk   Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:00 pm

lol hahaha yup i geuss thats true
and it amazing i am still signed in to my psn
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reo
Sixth Nation

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: G.A(Gamers Anonymous) Here to Talk   Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:45 pm

My name is Chris.

It all started when I was 5 (!) years old and my older brother had borrowed an NES game from our neighbor.
This is how that game looked like:

Spoiler:

Curse you, blue robot!
I used to bring an empty Pringles dispenser with me to school and shove my arm into it during recess..... facepalm2

Gunsmoke, Kid Icarus, Track&Field, Zelda, Super Mario....man, I was hooked...big time.

A few years later my parents got me my first TRUE love - SNES Kiss
Hoooly cow did I play alot of games on my SNES. Yeah, I messed up at school really bad during 1-2 years when I had nothing but games in my mind.

11-14 years old. Playstation. My friends would be talking about girls....I was still trying to convince them that Paul Phoenix, Leon of the R.C.P.D and most importantly Cloud Strife had so much more going for them.
Psssst.....I still think so today! CIRCLE CROSS SQUARE TRIANGLE 4 LIFE!

Final Fantasy VII....yeah, I seriously do NOT want to think of how many hours I've put into leveling Cloud, Tifa, Barret and the other guys. Still, I wouldn't take those hours back even if I could.

PS2. Kingdom Hearts, MGS 2-3, Silent Hill 3, Onimusha 1-3, Resident Evil 4, Final fantasy X, Okami, GTA III.
I played them all until I knew everything there was to know about them.

I know I have and still play far more than what the common guy would recommend. I've played until I had to see the doctor because my eyes were so red and swollen. I've played until I got blisters (real bad) on my fingers. I've neglected a social life just to embark on imaginary journeys.

But I've also had some of the best times of my life and I think that a lot of the games I've played has turned me into a better person, no matter how weird that might sound.

Yup. I am 100% addicted and I love it Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
adamonkey
Fourth Nation

PostSubject: Re: G.A(Gamers Anonymous) Here to Talk   Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:14 pm

Well hi and welcome to G.A Mr. Reo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: G.A(Gamers Anonymous) Here to Talk   Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:59 pm

Lod wrote:
Hi my name is Liam and I'm here cause my family think I have a "Gaming Problem"... But I don't see it as a problem man. I can handle it man. No problem. You all got the problem. Not me.

We don't have a problem with our gaming addiction. Only other people do! Razz

My name is Ninjey and I've served in the Shadow War for over 1500 hours. Of course, I'm retired now. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: G.A(Gamers Anonymous) Here to Talk   Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:13 pm

That's 62.5 DAYS of MAG there TLN. Shocked

Hi, my name is Azira. Some call me Az, others 'Zira, and others Stella. They all work I suppose.

I have spent way too much time playing Resistance 2, various Elder Scrolls games and Battlefield games.

Games are great in moderation. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: G.A(Gamers Anonymous) Here to Talk   Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:10 am

Slay the Dragon take it's soul! *charges at az's av, crashes into computer*

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
adamonkey
Fourth Nation

PostSubject: Re: G.A(Gamers Anonymous) Here to Talk   Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:22 am

Hi all and welcome to G.A
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: G.A(Gamers Anonymous) Here to Talk   Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:31 am

Lod wrote:
Slay the Dragon take it's soul! *charges at az's av, crashes into computer*
Did you hurt yourself? Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
adamonkey
Fourth Nation

PostSubject: Re: G.A(Gamers Anonymous) Here to Talk   Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:47 pm

Come on now no fighting your computer poor computer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: G.A(Gamers Anonymous) Here to Talk   Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:53 am

Need to level up more....

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reo
Sixth Nation

PostSubject: Re: G.A(Gamers Anonymous) Here to Talk   Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:34 am

Dear G.A,

During the last couple of weeks or so, I've gone bananas and this time I fell badly.

A Nintendo Wii, New Super Mario Bros, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil Archive, Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles, Super Mario Galaxy and Zelda:Twilight Princess.

For the PS3, I've been a bit more modest and only bought Uncharted 3, Killzone 3 and upgraded my AC:Brotherhood from Platinum edition to Da Vinci edition.

I'm gonna be happy. Poor...but happy Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: G.A(Gamers Anonymous) Here to Talk   Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:22 am

Hi, I'm i-like-ninjas and I'm addicted to gambling. Started with the PS1 when it first came out. We got a g-con gun for it and I was lost for eternity. Point Blank and Time Crisis veteran right here... Razz
Later down the track, gaming started to take over my life. The longest I've stayed awake was from video games for 3 days straight... But it was a kind of tournament between friends so all is good. This was all before the days of owning a PS3. As soon as I acquired one, I thought all life as I knew it was over. Luckily I found time between games for life. Laughing All bad humour aside, I've managed to cut down my gaming per day but I will always need my daily dose of gaming.

- ninjas out!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
adamonkey
Fourth Nation

PostSubject: Re: G.A(Gamers Anonymous) Here to Talk   Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:21 pm

Reo wrote:
I'm gonna be happy. Poor...but happy Laughing

well thats the life of a gamer lmao
Back to top Go down
View user profile
adamonkey
Fourth Nation

PostSubject: Re: G.A(Gamers Anonymous) Here to Talk   Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:23 pm

hi and welcome to the G.A i-like-pirates......i mean i-like-ninjas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: G.A(Gamers Anonymous) Here to Talk   Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:25 pm

Ohaii Very Happy= :D

I'm Sayber, or my other nickname that I now go by (god knows why... I can't remember how I got it scratch) which is Kitten :3

I've been into games since I was a baby... I'm serious 0.o
There's photos of me sitting on my dad's lap, slamming away at the keyboard as he played some game... (its a shame that I don't know what game it was ;~; )

Then when I ~really~ got into games was probably when I went over my cousins house and they had Gameboy and a PS1
Donkey Kong, Kirby and Spyro were a few of my favourite games.
Eventually we got our own PS1 (actually 3 of them... one of them I managed to break.. hah!) and I remember only being allowed 30 minutes after school...

After that I got more into PC gaming. Hitman 2: Silent Assassin was one of the first games I 'claimed' as my own... even though my dad had it for a while, just he couldnt figure out how to play it. I only ever got up to the third mission, and screwed up every time, but man, I loved spending as much time trying to find the coolest way to assassinate people... Very Happy= :D
Then Dad was all 'hurhur look at all the cool games I magically have' and I became hooked on Medal of Honor. Shit, that used to be my ALL TIME favourite... until Call of Duty came along, as well as a whole bunch of cheap rip offs that were fun to play, but still I always had a hard time deciding which to play :/

We got a PS2 (again 2 of those haha, didn't break any ;D) and I moved onto that for a while, forgetting about the PC.
Eventually we got an Xbox, Ps3, Nintendo Wii and 2 Xbox 360's and we are currently looking at purchasing a 3rd Xbox 360 :3

I play the Xbox most of the time, I could easily sit down for a good 3 hours straight, barely blinking, just staring in awe at the screen. I get really into my games..

My most memorable gaming moments were Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2... where you finally get to see the gorgeous face of Soap MacTavish... and hear that sexy voice... unf. Kiss
I raged at the screen whenever someone treated Soapy wrong... when he got hurt, I wished I could do anything to help... and the ending... sweet jesus I sobbed hysterically and sat there just whispering 'Soap...'
(Man... I really am a crazy fangirl Laughing)

I became so obsessed with some games that even when I had stopped playing a session of it, I'd go away and create elaborate fan fictions about other scenarios the characters could be in...

I thought Soap was ~the one~... until Adam Jensen came along in Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Sweet jesus, I still cannot play that game without grinning like a fool. I even worked out that I'd be a few years younger than him (y'know... in the future.. if he was real... if we met.... and made beautiful babies~ *insert heated discussion with fellow gamers about how 'augmented' he is... Wink ha!)

And then came MW3... and Soap is back in my life... but now I'm torn between playing Battlefield 3, or MW3... (the only reason I got MW3 was to see what happens and sweet jesus it's like watching a daytime drama show... ;~; )

Now my Xbox is a total douche and has been all 'hurhur, your file save is corrupted, START AGAIN LOSER' in Battlefield 3... like 4 times already ;~; so I'm slowly losing patience....

There's so many games... so many hours spent on various gaming platforms. Although I still believe I'm a PC girl at heart... (just because I screwed up that many graphics cards playing Crysis, and now the computer has literally fucked itself and wont even start... which means I need to fork out a shitload of money so daddy can replace all the hardware and whatnot so I can finally go back to PC gaming.. because omg, I miss it so much ;~; ) I still spend majority of my time on console... and my poor PS3 has been neglected for the past... year... >.>

We have quite a few games, and the list is expanding on a weekly basis... (dad buys anywhere between 1-4 new games a week ^___^ its awesome~~~)
Games >:] (the order is probably all weird.. idk if its like alphabetical or what, hah)
Spoiler:

So yeah, I'm pretty addicted... but nowhere near as addicted as my brother 0_________0
seriously... who plays 12 hours straight online nearly every weekend and like 4 hours + everyday? No

Last edited by SayberBANG! on Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:28 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : stupid smileys don't work... OMG GO AWAY WINKY FACES D:)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reo
Sixth Nation

PostSubject: Re: G.A(Gamers Anonymous) Here to Talk   Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:08 pm

After reading your post Sayber, I suddenly feel somewhat better about myself Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: G.A(Gamers Anonymous) Here to Talk   

Back to top Go down

G.A(Gamers Anonymous) Here to Talk

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: