The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

SixthNation Vs. Wham!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Daniel
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: SixthNation Vs. Wham!   Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:43 pm

Christmas is coming around the corner in a short while so that means that every single retail store and radio station in the universe will start playing cheezy Christmas songs at some point or another. One of the most evilest songs in the world is Last Christmas by Wham! It's been said to cause ear cancer among others.

So why not host a competition to not listen to it? Simple Rules as well:
  • If you survive 2011 (i.e. 23:59 31st December 2011, your time zone) then you win.
  • If you lose, you get Whammed!
  • Only the original song performed by Wham! covers are fine (that includes your wife and/or bad karaoke singers)
  • If you happen to hear any part of the song, no matter how long, you lose
  • Only the Audio counts. GIFs, images or even the official music video (muted) is fine
  • This thread is a neutral zone - no posting the official song here or providing links (covers are perfectly fine).
  • If you lose, post how, where and when you did. It might be entertaining :dopey:

Some tips on how to not lose:

• Don't listen to the radio
  • Don't go out in public. If you have to, listen to your MP3 Player or iPod
  • Turn off the volume before clicking any links in the rest of the forum (hey, I didn't say you can't post it somewhere else [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.])
  • Do not (I repeat) DO NOT tell your friends, significant others, family etc that you can't listen to this song. They are all EVIL and will play it to you at the first opportunity (if they start singing it themselves, consider yourself lucky).

If you haven't heard the song before (tbh you will have in the past if you've gone to malls at Christmas time Laughing) I am posting the official music video. That's the only time you can listen to the official version without losing.

Merry Early Christmas, and good luck! Smile

Last edited by Daniel on Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:08 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added Tips on how to not lose)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: SixthNation Vs. Wham!   Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:03 pm

I think that annoying Marriah Carey song is played right after this one... EVERY TIME! lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: SixthNation Vs. Wham!   Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:14 pm

Im in. I bet Pandora is gonna Wham me with my 70's ...80's mix for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: SixthNation Vs. Wham!   Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:36 pm

Im in. I think I can make it, unless tricked by other member's in outside threads.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: SixthNation Vs. Wham!   Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:41 pm

Impossible for me, work plays Christmas song (3 an hour). No way I can avoid it, unless I don't do my job lol

Last edited by RHYN0X on Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ivorymonsoon
First Nation
First Nation

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: SixthNation Vs. Wham!   Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:49 pm

Impossible for me to do, my wife freaking loves this song and will play it continually over christmas. I could always get a divorce i guess
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dmick024
Sixth Nation

Nation Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: SixthNation Vs. Wham!   Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:35 pm

i can say ive never heard it, or rather i would have to be told that im hearing it. im not especially a big wham! booster though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: SixthNation Vs. Wham!   Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
i can say ive never heard it, or rather i would have to be told that im hearing it. im not especially a big wham! booster though.

Once you gaze upon the wonder that is George Michael's five o'clock shadow and get lost in it for hours on end you will be ! His butt is its own ecosystem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: SixthNation Vs. Wham!   Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:49 pm

Why is there a Christmas song-related thread in November? In my world, doing anything Christmas-related before 1 December is a crime. Evil or Very Mad

As punishment, I will try to trick you into listening to the song. I'm serious. You have brought misery to my life and now I will try to bring misery to yours. I will try to make you all lose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: SixthNation Vs. Wham!   Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:59 pm

Why is there a Christmas song-related thread in November? In my world, doing anything Christmas-related before 1 December is a crime. Evil or Very Mad

As punishment, I will try to trick you into listening to the song. I'm serious. You have brought misery to my life and now I will try to bring misery to yours. I will try to make you all lose.

Well you see in about a week retailers, radio stations, restaurants and television stations will start playing Christmas carols. In order to perfectly play Whammed you have to be aware of these things. Does your declaration of Wham war mean you're in ??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: SixthNation Vs. Wham!   Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:10 pm

I am declaring war. Against you.

If I get you with the song, then I win. If you hear the song in your wandering outside the SN, then I'll point and laugh at you. If you get through to 2012 by avoiding my tricks and the song, then you win.

I declare war as of ten minutes ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: SixthNation Vs. Wham!   Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:40 am

If I get you with the song, then I win. If you hear the song in your wandering outside the SN, then I'll point and laugh at you. If you get through to 2012 by avoiding my tricks and the song, then you win.

That last sentence just made me lol so hard for some reason. I think because of its placement.

Evil plans, Evil plans, Evil plans, oh, and that was ten minutes ago.

The sad thing is, a few places around me were running Christmas Ads before Halloween.
Now is when I will point out how sad things are for America when Christmas is the only thing that keeps its economy running.
Christmas and service jobs.
I suppose the concept of Santa makes a little more sense now.

As far as the song in question, I think I have a good shot. In fact the preview vid in the OP is the first time I have heard that song in a very long time. Maybe even as far back as its release.

lolz at RR. (Its own ecosystem) Laughing

Back to top Go down
View user profile
banded1
Tenth Nation

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: SixthNation Vs. Wham!   Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:38 am

so wait, this is starting as of now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: SixthNation Vs. Wham!   Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:10 pm

I got this email from an anymous server ten minutes ago so it must be from you Azira.

"Dis means war !! Im a gonnna rickroll yo azz and you wil cry like a little girly man. yu cant diz George micheals butt andwalk away clean dude he got teh powa.Wham 4eva!"

Ok its on!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: SixthNation Vs. Wham!   Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:14 pm

I don't send emails to forum members, and I find it way too hard to speak like that. Too much effort. >_>

As I said, I'll try to get you here on the SN. I'll have to be creative or somethin'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: SixthNation Vs. Wham!   Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:23 pm

so wait, this is starting as of now?

Considering the fact that almost every Retail store and radio station will be playing Christmas Music, yes.

And it's more avoiding the song on radio/TV/in public than tricking others to listen to it. Either way - don't listen to the song Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: SixthNation Vs. Wham!   Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:10 pm

i will avoid this song like the plauge

i already have customers saying there going to put up x mas lights this weekend facepalm2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
adamonkey
Fourth Nation

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: SixthNation Vs. Wham!   Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:15 am

it well be easy for me cause i dont listen to x-mas music anymore !!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: SixthNation Vs. Wham!   Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:49 am

"Let them know it's Christmas time this Season Whoa-o" I hear that in the shopping centres this year I'm going to go all "OH NOES IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME THIS SEASON! WHY DID NO-ONE TELL ME!? I GOT NO SHOPPING DONE! THERE WILL BE NO PRESENTS THIS YEAR! CHRISTMAS IS RUINED YOU BASTARDS, IT'S RUINED!"

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: SixthNation Vs. Wham!   Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:31 am

All I know is that ever since this thread showed up, for some reason I cant get the song Jitterbug out of my head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: SixthNation Vs. Wham!   Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:37 am

For the love of god Six ! Please stop... first the hokey Aerosmith song from Armegeddon and now Jitterbug ??? Get them out of my head ...... my ears are actually bleeding !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: SixthNation Vs. Wham!   Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:03 pm

Six wrote:
All I know is that ever since this thread showed up, for some reason I cant get the song Jitterbug out of my head.
Do you mean "Wake me up before you go go" by Wham!? That's the one that starts with "Jitterbug".

Makes me want to go out and smash a copy of Karma Chameleon by Culture Club.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: SixthNation Vs. Wham!   Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:05 pm

You said [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I don't think it's the same one. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vrals597
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : -15

PostSubject: Re: SixthNation Vs. Wham!   Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:12 am

I'm so in for this, but good luck getting me to listen to it, I almost NEVER listen to the radio anymore, just need to make sure that I watch the music video (the one that is posted on here) so that that way I know what it sounds like, but just watch it be like me watching one of the abc family Christmas specials and bam its on a commercial
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: SixthNation Vs. Wham!   Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:54 am

You said [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I don't think it's the same one. Sad

No he means this, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Welp the stores have started putting up the decorations and Christmas music is playing. I will no longer be walking through the town with my hearing aids on.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SixthNation Vs. Wham!   

Back to top Go down

SixthNation Vs. Wham!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-