Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

kingdom of Amalur

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

kingdom of Amalur Empty
PostSubject: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 8:19 pm

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Ffeature%3Dplayer_embedded%26v%3DPh245qWavKs&feature=player_embedded&v=Ph245qWavKs&gl=US

it is a 3rd person fantasy rpg, very highly stylized look. a combat system similar to darksider, a big expansive open world with tons of content. in the office they were doing 100% speedruns. and those would take over 200 hours. it comes out february 7th

ill be picking this up. im betting ill enjoy itmore than skyrim.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

kingdom of Amalur Empty
PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 9:45 pm

The link there doesn't go to any particular video, nobody. Just a list of four, none of which appear to have anything to do with this game.

Let's see if this one works any better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=J4D9AJWmJAg

Right game?
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

kingdom of Amalur Empty
PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:17 am

Thats what I get for taking an embedded trailer and trying to turn it into a link to post. Yes that is the right game. And a good short bit about the game. Probably better for people that font know anythingabout it than the 23 long video I was gonna post, tee gamespot played kingdom of amalur reckoning one
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

kingdom of Amalur Empty
PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 12:54 pm

It looks kinda like a cross between Skyrim, Dragon Age, and Fable. All of which had their high and low points. If they can combine them and have it work out well, I think this game could go far. I'll be keeping an eye on it, to be sure. Thanks for the heads up. Smile
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

kingdom of Amalur Empty
PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 1:01 pm

yea, i didnt know about it either til another board i frequent had a couple topics on it
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

Nation Reputation : 18

kingdom of Amalur Empty
PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 4:53 pm

I have been following this game for a while, and tracking it on Gametrailers. It looks like it has promise, but could go very wrong too. From what I've read/seen, I feel there won't be a middle ground - great or horrible.

Thanks for starting a thread on it. More info is always a good thing!
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

Nation Reputation : 12

kingdom of Amalur Empty
PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 5:18 pm

im looking forward to this, but i will wait and see how the player reviews turn out on it. I read that they have been playtesting this into the ground trying to find glitches and errors, so hopefully it will be a fairly clean retail version.

Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

kingdom of Amalur Empty
PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 3:11 pm

The demo is out now...at least on the 360. It will be out on psn with the next store update. IM downloading now. Will play it in a bit

If you download the demo you get reckoning armor for me3 and if you beat it you get chakram blades in me3, and if you download the mass effect demo you'll get omni blade daggers for reckoning
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

Nation Reputation : 18

kingdom of Amalur Empty
PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 7:52 am

That's good news. I'm very glad to hear a demo will be out. It will help me with my fence sitting.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

kingdom of Amalur Empty
PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 9:29 am

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/amalur/koareckoning/koareckoningimp2.html

A friend linked me to this. Fairly thorough rundown.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

kingdom of Amalur Empty
PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 4:40 pm

ive been reading reports of a fairly glitch ridden demo based on an early build. why would they release it like this?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

kingdom of Amalur Empty
PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 6:11 pm

It's EA, that's why.

Demo is out on the PSN Store.
You play through the whole of the opening chapter, then are given 40 minutes to run around however you want. Playing and completing the demo also unlocks various things for both the full game and Mass Effect 3, should you choose to get that.

First, the bad.
I encountered several glitches just in the demo. It is just a demo, so hopefully these will be taken care of by release.

When entering an area that required a load the ground would sometimes have badly misshapen graphics. Such things as having sky in it, blurring, and in a few cases stretching to odd angles. There was also some texture popping.

My sound went away. Near the end of the demo (right after the helpful 20 minutes remaining to play warning, actually) it cut out and only the sound of striking an enemy would come through.

At the same time, I lost the ability to talk to people. Not just activating them, which I could do just fine. But whenever I spoke to someone all their text would be instantly skipped. i could select conversation topics, but the speech and text would still skip. This is a new controller, so I know there's nothing wrong with my buttons. Plus, had it been the button I would have been attacking constantly.

There's no way to manually aim bows or spells. You're at the mercy of the automatic lock-on as to what you're shooting.

Speaking of shooting, enemy projectiles were a bit too hard to dodge. They could hit me at any time, even in the middle of an evasive maneuver. By contrast, my projectiles were seemingly easy to dodge, as enemies would suddenly jerk to one side.
I was also sometimes hit with projectiles from off screen, ones I couldn't possibly have seen coming to even try to dodge.

Wonky AI. Near the end of my time I got myself arrested for breaking into jail. I actually wanted to resist arrest, but the text skipping bug kicked in again and I got forced to go to jail. While attempting to break out I was spotted by guards, but when I hid in my cell they de-aggored and calmly walked right in. Then one of them went and took a nap in my bed.

It's being published by EA. That means all the crap that comes with being an EA game, like them wanting you to be signed into their servers to play.

Now for the good.
Melee combat was mostly fine. Different button pressing combinations lead to different styles of attack, giving you some options in combat.
The only magic I used was the starting shock spell. Hurt enemies a ton, but they occasionally managed to avoid it like they did the arrows.

The stealth system is simple, and the kills themselves are pretty nice. Though it seems fairly scripted where you will or will not be able to use it. Some enemies patrol and turn a lot, while others just sit around waiting to be stealth killed.

The Fate meter builds up as you kill enemies, and you can activate it to slow time for a while. It also allows you to knock enemies down near death and then finish them all off at the same time by executing one of them. During the animation of it, you're prompted to mash a button and how much you manage to determines how much of an increase in EXP you get as well.

Exploration was well rewarded with items or money hidden about, often in unexpected places such as the whirlpools in bodies of water you could swim through.

The story wasn't exactly fantastic, but neither was it disappointing. And the quests I got to do were entertaining until I could no longer hear/read them.

Overall, I stand by my initial impression of this being an Elder Scrolls/Dragon Age/Fable hybrid for the most part. I will be keeping watch on it, and if the problems I mentioned are fixed by release (not a certainty since this is EA we're talking about) I'll probably pick it up.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

kingdom of Amalur Empty
PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 7:08 pm

For the enemies that dodge your projectiles you just need to time your shits. Hit em when they are about to attack.

Haven't had any issues dodging so not sure about that. And ice played the demo 4 times and haven't had any glitches aside from graphical ones
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

kingdom of Amalur Empty
PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 7:38 pm

nobody wrote:
For the enemies that dodge your projectiles you just need to time your shits. Hit em when they are about to attack.

Haven't had any issues dodging so not sure about that. And ice played the demo 4 times and haven't had any glitches aside from graphical ones

I'm going to go ahead and guess fervently hope you're having trouble with an auto-correct program. Laughing
If not, well. No video game is going to decide my bodily functions for me.
And I have no reason to trust Vanilla Ice's opinions on games.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

kingdom of Amalur Empty
PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 8:16 pm

Yes androids system is retarded
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

kingdom of Amalur Empty
PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 8:21 pm

yeah, so far ive heard from both camps in the demo quality standpoint. ive been tossing around the idea that due to the large amount of models of ps3's that have been released, that all are not made equally, and that some will foster different glitches.

im going to have to give this a download. unfortunately this game will be measured against skyrim in all aspects. however, if combat is more involved than skyrims pressing of one button to slash or cast or block than it is a step in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

kingdom of Amalur Empty
PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 11:39 pm

Well for the record, my experience of thegame is not the ps3 version
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

kingdom of Amalur Empty
PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 1:54 am

Apparently the code is 3 months old on the demo
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

kingdom of Amalur Empty
PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 12:44 pm

Also , apparently PS3 looks like it is getting a crap port again . Stupid , lazy game developers . I was thinking of downloading this but if the devs are just gonna rip us off with a worse version than no thanks .
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Nation Reputation : 48

kingdom of Amalur Empty
PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 1:52 pm

Getting sick of this PS3 versions being inferior shit, BF3, RDR, Skyrim Etc.

Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

kingdom of Amalur Empty
PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:05 pm

Tell me about it , it's always the fricken PS3 that gets the worst version .
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Nation Reputation : 48

kingdom of Amalur Empty
PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:11 pm

Too powerfull and complex I tell you ! nut still its ridicoulus.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

kingdom of Amalur Empty
PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:56 pm

sony shouldnt have gone with proprietary processor.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

kingdom of Amalur Empty
PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 7:26 am

just played the demo of it today and i really didnt expect much out of it, but the game decided to surprise the heck out of me. no problems whatsoever on the demo.
my only complaint was that i couldnt save, and that the camera whipped around way too fast.

loved the combat system, and im intrigued by the talent trees. it reminded me of back when i played wow when it first came out, which is a good thing to me. i wish you could be a gnome or dwarf, oh welllllllll.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

kingdom of Amalur Empty
PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:14 pm

for those worried about the demo issuesand the ps3 version.this is from an article at ign

Quote :
the technical fidelity of the game stands out to me, especially considering how ambitiously big Reckoning is. I'm playing a debug version of the final build of the game on my test PlayStation 3, and the game hasn't frozen or locked-up on me once. The framerate occasionally stutters during fierce combat featuring a large number of enemies and the draw distance won't impress you, but the game has run reliably. That means no incessant "fear saves" due to an unstable game!
Back to top Go down

kingdom of Amalur

View previous topic View next topic Back to top