Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 5:08 pm

btw you can always just sneak with something besides heavy armor, and switch after the sneak attack. not sure why you wanna do it with heavy on. aside from enchanted armor. but you could just make light versions
Back to top Go down
The_hawk217
First Nation
First Nation
The_hawk217

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 3:50 am

I know light armor is the better choice when it comes to sneaking, but I just wanted to know where the limit is for sneaking in heavy armor
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 5:51 am

ah, well I always just got that one perk as soon as possible and never worried about it
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 8:44 am

Working through the thieves guild, loving the quests, and the nice armor... working up to my nightengale set! Can't wait, great stats, great armor value, and a bonus to armor for wearing it all!
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 3:19 am

Well my launch 60GB PS3 finally died Sad In it was Skyrim, and on it's HDD was my most recent save. The last save I had backed up was almost 9 hours previous!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Bought a 320GB slim, man is that thing quite and light.

My friend came over last night and fixed my old PS3, so I was able to upload my save to the cloud server!

I'm back on track, and almost done the thieves guild line of quests! Very excited to do so.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 6:00 am

Sooo it all worked out okay then?
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 11:33 pm

Yes, got the system temp fixed, did a data transfer, got everytying back!

Continued on, and have beaten the Thieves Guild line. Man it was great. It's like it's own story driven game with in a game. Part of the reason I love Skyrim! Now just working on "returning it to it's former glory".
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 5:41 pm

TonyTeabag wrote:
After installing last night, went into game and it completed task 'Obtain Briar Heart' so I was finally able to finish the Repair White Phial quest.

Still a couple of impossible misc quests hanging around. Need to talk to some priest which will be difficult because *I ate him* drools Rolling Eyes

Still no sign of Lydia and my full set of Dragon Plate armour. I'll have to do a thorough check of the last dungeon I remember being with her.

Never really had much of a problem with the lag. If it got a bit choppy I just quit game and reloaded, but good they haven't forgotten about us.

Tony check out The Hall of the dead in Whiterun (in case she is dead) and Dragonsreach court tables before you go nuts looking for her. I lost Lydia a couple of times and she was once in Dragonsreach eating. I don't know why she didn't hang out in Breezehome after she returned to Whiterun.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:01 am

I am done with this game until some DLC comes out. Got my platinum (my first) and moving on to Batman AC. My only complaint with Skyrim is the constant reuse of the voice actors in the game. It got real old for me quick. Otherwise what an experience I had... over 300 hours of gameplay and for the most part I enjoyed it all. I only felt like I was grinding it out the last couple of days .
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:42 am

Nice work on the Plat Rr !! . TBH I was done with Skyrim when I got my plat too, however it only took bang on 100 hours for me so I probably saw less of the game than you. I may come back to it eventually and go for a mage character but I did most of the quests and found most of the good weapons and equipment so it would not be as much fun second time round, still one of my favourite games though Smile.

I have moved on to Fallout 3 now Smile
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 9:12 am

Wow, 300 hours is a lot. I thought my 160 hours was a lot of time, but you doubled it. Congrats, though.

I keep telling myself I need to go back and finish exploring things and stuff, but mehhhhh. I have other games to play in the mean time. Maybe once I finish them I'll have a skyrim craving that I need to satisfy.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 11:02 pm

Anyone know dhere to get deadric hearts from?
Trying to make better armor .
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 11:24 pm

Yeah.
Daedra.
Razz

There's one in the Companions hall basement, in the room at the end. Have to steal it though.

Other than that, there are a couple of Daedra that you can encounter by completing Megrunes Dagon's Daedric Quest. It's started by visiting the Mythic Dawn Museum in Dawnstar.

I *think* one of the merchants in the Mages Guild, the shady one, sells them sometimes. Not 100% on that though.

My memory might be faulty on that last one. It's been a while since I played, and I didn't make any Daedric Armor then.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 12:15 am

Daedric is the best armor is it not?
I did do a quest from the museum is there more
That just one?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 12:38 am

Did you talk to the guy who runs it and agree to track down the dagger pieces for him?

The best armor is whatever you want to be the best armor. It depends a lot on the character too.
Firstly, it depends on your skill level with a given type of armor (Heavy or Light) and then on what Perks you have for that skill tree. Daedric is Heavy Armor only, I believe. It'll be great, but only if you have been working on it. If you've been putting Perk points into Light Armor, then Daedric won't do you much good.
Second, what kind of character are you? Mage, Fighter, Thief? There are armors that compliment each play style. I personally loved my Nightingale Armor on my stealth character the most. Best of all, if you wear the full set, but switch the helmet out for a Daedric Helm, you look like Batman.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 7 819481
Laughing
Lastly, how's your enchanting? If you're good at it you can make pretty much any armor effective by enchanting it with the appropriate Fortify Armor spell. Like your Daedric could be enchanted with Fortify Heavy Armor for a bunch of points and that would either boost your already good skill, or bring an unused skill up to being decent. Though if you didn't have any perks it would still kinda suck.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 1:06 am

Yes I did the dagger quest . I went back and there's no one there now
Is there another place in dawrn star coz I just walked past mithic dawrn guard.

My character .
Redguard level 36 fighter,heavy armor,one handed.
Main perks one handed 77,blocking 73,heavy armor 74,
Other perks smithing 100(wasted points in this )
Enchanting about 67
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 4:10 am

Did you do the "Waking Nightmare " quest in Dawnstar yet? You will assist a priest in the nearby Nightcaller temple , there wile be a daedric heart or 2 in the alchemy labs there. I also was able to buy one from the potions /ingredients shop in Riften. Visit the Shrine of Azura and go for the Black Star and you will meet a couple of Daedra to kill and snag their hearts. I think I got one from a traveilng Kajit also. I ended up using glass armor for myself and giving Daedric armor to my followers. It worked better for me I was using one handed also.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 7:43 am

Went to nightcaller temple no one home?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 9:24 am

You have to talk to the priest in the inn at Dawnstar.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 9:46 am

Arr ok cheers I did get one in rifften thanks for the help
rrwatch and monkey Smile
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 9:13 pm

Thinking of acquiring a house in whiterun who do you get houses off of?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 9:20 pm

A couple ways.
Whenever you want to get a house in a city look for the jarl or their assistant. You often enough have to go out and do some sidequest for the jarl to be made a Thane before you can buy anything. One you are, then look for the assistant and they'll sell you a house in town and also sell upgrades for it.

Or you can marry a character who has a house in that town and live with them. To do that you need an Amulet of Mara to wear, pick a bride, and have a wedding in the Riften chapel.

But the houses you buy are always better, imho.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 3:13 am

Well killed two dragons before andbdid not absorb there soul WTF?
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 5:12 pm

There was a "dragon souls not absorbed" fix in one of the patches. But from what I have read if you kill a named Dragon while wandering and then later kill it during a bounty you wont get its soul. I'm not sure if it works in reverse cause sometimes Dragons do leave their mound areas.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:03 pm

I just joined the rebels does this mean that the leigion set of quests is
Out for me now since I joined the other side ?
Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Back to top