Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Star Wars The Old Republic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

Nation Reputation : 18

Star Wars The Old Republic - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars The Old Republic   Star Wars The Old Republic - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:26 am

7 seems a lot to me, I have friends with lower that played beta, and reported no issues.

I have contacted support at the SWTOR site and inquired as to the recommended bandwidth... just to inform anyone who wants to know, or may be concerned.

Hopefully they write me back, lol.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars The Old Republic   Star Wars The Old Republic - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:42 am

Probably uses less but I do find that in order not to have any actual problem 7mb speed tends to work best.

Beta's would use less people connecting than the open release so less data is transferred.
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars The Old Republic   Star Wars The Old Republic - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:50 am

Well, I will give them this... They are quick, I got a reply in less then 30 minutes!

they aren't able to give that information at this time.

In other words they don't really know yet, lol.

By the way, I'm not doubting what you are saying, just thought I would try and get an officially confirmed number.

-What bandwidth do you have?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars The Old Republic   Star Wars The Old Republic - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:57 am

Oh I wouldn't figure you would be, you'd be right to try get the official confirmation. Better to know sooner rather than later.

Formerly I had 7mb with 1:1 ratio. Got rid of it though cause it cost to much and only worked half the time.

I don't think they will know themselves until the first crowds go on. I tend to prefer 7mb for any online game, but when I was playing DC Universe Online on the PS3 7mb was needed.
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars The Old Republic   Star Wars The Old Republic - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 9:04 am

I'm lucky where I am now as I can get 16 down and 2 up for the same price that I used to get 4 down and 0.5 up.

Pretty good for cable here in my area of Canada (Fibre is getting closer though. I can't wait!)

I wonder if part of that could be the PSN using some bandwidth on top of the game?

Would be nice if SWTOR was a bit lower, the more people I know in game, the better. The more people in general playing, the better! Smile
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars The Old Republic   Star Wars The Old Republic - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 9:22 am

RHYN0X wrote:
I'm lucky where I am now as I can get 16 down and 2 up for the same price that I used to get 4 down and 0.5 up.

Pretty good for cable here in my area of Canada (Fibre is getting closer though. I can't wait!)

I wonder if part of that could be the PSN using some bandwidth on top of the game?

Would be nice if SWTOR was a bit lower, the more people I know in game, the better. The more people in general playing, the better! Smile

That's what we had, boosted my Bandwidth up to 9mbs but the dang thing would not work half the time. I put that more down to unpreparedness and overly quick transferring. Lotta a people were getting cuts in the service from it. €60 a month for a service that didn't work and when they said I had to pay €150 for repairs I told them to get stuffed.

I would say you could be right on the PSN.

Well here's hoping it is a success and I get to sit in the corner seething with jealousy tongue
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars The Old Republic   Star Wars The Old Republic - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 9:40 am

Seething... Seeth is a Sith Inquisitor ability allowing you to heal yourself over time out of combat.

Sorry, had to.

Yeah, a new fibre install needs a slow roll out to deal with hardware/software. Well, I guess that's true with most new systems.

I honestly don't doubt it will be a success. Just the Star Wars license only will help that, not to mention BioWare's reputation, fan base, and track record.

- Hopefully you will get a good ISP at a reasonable price by 12/20/11 Smile
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars The Old Republic   Star Wars The Old Republic - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 9:46 am

Lol

-If I do I do, If I don't I don't.

But when you can, definitely do let us know how it is.
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars The Old Republic   Star Wars The Old Republic - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 9:59 am

No worries there. It's sad and exciting.

Exciting that I am looking this forward to the game, and am this excited about it.

Sad that I am looking this forward to the game, and am this excited about it.

LOL

I feel like a kid waiting for Santa Clause to come! Excited
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars The Old Republic   Star Wars The Old Republic - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:18 am

Lol Nah not sad more fan boyish but that is forgiveable.
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars The Old Republic   Star Wars The Old Republic - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:28 am

I think I prefer nerd crush over fan boy, IMO fan boy has to many negative connotations. I love the game but don't hate on others, heh.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars The Old Republic   Star Wars The Old Republic - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:38 am

Thinking
Good point. I'll have to remember that. Star Wars The Old Republic - Page 2 1282
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars The Old Republic   Star Wars The Old Republic - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 9:57 pm

*wipes drool off keyboard* Beta testing again this weekend... drools

Also, some great new companion information posted today on the official website.

While you are there, also look up the great Jedi Knight vs Bounty Hunter article found here.
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars The Old Republic   Star Wars The Old Republic - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 2:42 pm

Check your email inboxes and junk mail folders. Bioware has started sending out notification of a MASSIVE stress test weekend later this month. If you have signed up for beta testing before today, Nov. 11, 2011, then you are in.

Also note, that it stated that other sites, IGN, etc are giving away codes for this weekend, and if you get the email, don't accept those codes as it could change your status and actually remove you from the testing program. Again, that is only if you did get the email.
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars The Old Republic   Star Wars The Old Republic - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 6:18 pm

Well the time has come!

If you have pre-ordered and entered your pre-order code you can download the release client now.

Email invitations will start going out on 13th of Dec, for early access. You will the invite when you can start playing, and not before.

That's right, early access has moved from the 15th to the 13th!

The order you allowed to play is based on when you redeemed your pre-order code.

See you in a galaxy far, far away!
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

Nation Reputation : -15

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars The Old Republic   Star Wars The Old Republic - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 8:35 pm

I have this game down for my holiday list, I can wait until release date to play it, just make sure you tell me which server you play on, Rhyno, that way we can party up at some point lol
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars The Old Republic   Star Wars The Old Republic - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 10:33 pm

Vrals597 wrote:
I have this game down for my holiday list, I can wait until release date to play it, just make sure you tell me which server you play on, Rhyno, that way we can party up at some point lol

Will do! Cool

I'm so excited. I feel like a little kid at Christmas!
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars The Old Republic   Star Wars The Old Republic - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 10:38 pm

I hear ya, been waiting for way too long for this game to come out, for the glory of the Emperor!
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars The Old Republic   Star Wars The Old Republic - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 5:17 pm

I know we (friends and I) are playing on a PvE server as Imperials. Why PvE, then you don't have to worry about being ganked, and you have the choice of when you want to PvP. Better for all.

Did you beta test at all?
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars The Old Republic   Star Wars The Old Republic - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 9:00 pm

Nope, wasn't old enough and I'm not gonna ask my parents for permission haha. Tbh idc what server I play on, back in WoW I usually played on PvP servers but at the same time I did not like getting ganked by high level losers with no lives lol
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars The Old Republic   Star Wars The Old Republic - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 4:07 am

God I hate PvP Servers there is always one group of high level jackasses farming the low level quest areas, in any game.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars The Old Republic   Star Wars The Old Republic - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:00 am

Yeah, the only game where I haven't encountered that is in WoW, and only then in the parts of that they control, so they are not instantly flagged for PvP. You going to play as well, Lod?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars The Old Republic   Star Wars The Old Republic - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 7:10 am

Nah, not this one, I'm still on Hiatus on my home internets until I find a cheaper alternative that works as well.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars The Old Republic   Star Wars The Old Republic - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 4:39 pm

ah, I personally do not mind paying slightly extra for something if it means that it is more consistent, Cablevision might be cheaper than FiOS BUT my family hates the family that owns cablevision and FiOS's internet is much better than cablevision
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars The Old Republic   Star Wars The Old Republic - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 4:55 pm

Well, I will proably know the server name tomorrow. We are for sure doing a PvE east coast server. There are no central servers only PST/EST, and the 5 of us (friends) are all EST.
Back to top Go down

Star Wars The Old Republic

View previous topic View next topic Back to top