The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Zombie Attack Imminent! Defend the Nation!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Zombie Attack Imminent! Defend the Nation!   Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:01 pm

This is not a drill! Repeat, this is not a drill!
Okay, actually it is a drill.
But the need for preparedness is real!

Post here your skills so that when the time comes we can all know our rolls. It's our best chance of survival against the encroaching undead horde. (And who knows. If there's enough to work with I might write out a probable scenario or two.)

Post up your info like this.

Physical Build: (example: 6ft blue monkey)

Combat Experience (if any):

Active Skills: What can you do? Anything from weaponry to blacksmithing to cooking to care giving to hunting and anything in between. If you can do it we'll put it to use. Even that one thing that Liam does. You know the one. If anything could hurt zombie morale, it'd be that.

Knowledge Skills: What's in your head? How do you think we can best use it? Do you have a background in architecture? Learned about the occult? Studied religion? Now's your chance to put that noggin to use before a zombie tries to gnaw on it.

Limitations: What can't you do? If you've got a kryptonite, we need to know. Can't have a blind man on lookout, etc.

Supplies: What do you bring to the table? If you have another table, bring that too. Can't get too much building material.

Misc: Anything else you think we should be aware of.

*Notes:
This isn't a game, per say. Just something fun to do that maybe we can make a story out of. No need for complicated backstories or anything. Just be creative (but reasonable) in filling out the form and show us what you've got.

The second post here will have an easy to quote and fill out version of this. Please keep it reasonable. No more than two or three items per slot, and you must have at least one limitation. No one is perfect! Likewise, don't try to be good at everything. And keep in line with your chosen persona.

No one gets to be immune to the zombie menace. All people are vulnerable no matter what skills or supplies they pick (no zombie vaccines), and Infection can be taking any and all forms from viral to magic. And a variety of zombie types may make appearances to boot, so don't just count on all your enemies being slow and stupid.

Based on your description, I may provide you with one personalized Special Ability. Examples: You may be able to escape combat if you've got stealthy skills, or avoid infectious bites while in close combat if you have melee fighting skills. Maybe you can bless things if you've studied religion, or create a barrier using occult magic.

Time to pitch in and do your part, people! Together we can survive! Let's show those shambling bags of bones what it means to challenge the Sixth Nation!

EDIT: Casting for this story is complete.
Here is the story itself.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by CobaltMonkey on Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Attack Imminent! Defend the Nation!   Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:01 pm

Physical Build:

Combat Experience:

Active Skills:

Knowledge Skills:

Limitations:

Supplies:

Misc:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Attack Imminent! Defend the Nation!   Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:59 am

So do we make ourselves? or just make any ol' person?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Attack Imminent! Defend the Nation!   Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:20 am

Ourselves.

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Physical Build: 5'11 (I think) Big body, Hazel Eyes, Brown Hair. What else do dating sites ask for?

Combat Experience: Judo, Irish Knackers, Drunken Idiots, Occassional sober bastard advantage taker. Yellow belt Kah-rah-tae. Throwing Chef knives at trees (carving and chopping) Playing with my sword. Not the one in my pants.

Active Skills: Computers Basic hardware fixing, basic engineering, basic jury rigging of electric stuff. Not getting shocked to much. Morale Lifting? Won't steal your wife if she thinks your dead after leaving you in a hospital. Raise spirits through humor? Cooks.

Knowledge Skills: Religious Studies of major religions and a few non major. Computing. Programming Book from Eat. Cooking, NASA Grade Hygene, Foraging, Starting Fires

Limitations: Deaf, gets vertigo.

Supplies: Sword, high grade kitchen knifes, Steel poles, blankets. Can get guns.

Misc: Knows where to get the good guns in my town and in the event of an apocolypse I have a plan already in how to get them through a zero population area and open ground. while most will go to the army barracks I'll be going to the lesser known armed guarda unit which has hand guns and fully automatic guns.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Attack Imminent! Defend the Nation!   Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:42 pm

Six wrote:
So do we make ourselves? or just make any ol' person?
Since it's the Nation we're defending, I'd rather we stuck with our ninja/pirate/wildebeesty selves. If you want to embellish a bit to expand your skills, that's fine too. And if anyone would rather try something different that's perfectly acceptable.

Liam's made a nice start there, though he did seem to miss the part where I said "No more than two or three items per slot". Laughing

Now let's see. Special ability for Liam. Thinking
I think we'll go with Bless Weapons.
Using his knowledge of religion and weaponry, he can appeal to a higher power to bless blades or bullets. This results in much higher damage against magic based zombies, and a smaller increase against virus based zombies.

Sound good?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Attack Imminent! Defend the Nation!   Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:19 pm

Shrug
Why not

Six

Physical Build: 6 ft 150#'s

Combat Experience: Bar fighting Laughing

Active Skills: Mechanics on small engines and I know how to make plants grow really good. (farm that food biotch)

Knowledge Skills: Botany I suppose. Shrug Calculations for calibration. Small amounts of entomology. Carpentry. Fishing. Give me some matches and I can start a fire. tongue

Limitations: Fear of heights. UGH!

Supplies: I have my yogurt atm. And Ive always kind of wanted to see what a soil probe and or a sod cutter would do to a zombies skull.
In fact, I have an arsenal of lawn care equipment that can be handy in removing body parts.
Chainsaw anyone?

Misc:
While you all try to secure government places, Im off to the woods of Wisconsin.
Population 0.
Along the way I would gather what ever supplies seemed useful, stocking up on protein bars, slim fast milkshakes, peanuts, and multivitamins. etc.

I know of several places that are summer resort towns only, and I just have a feeling it would be a good way to go for as long as you can. Live off the land. Move only if I gotta. etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Attack Imminent! Defend the Nation!   Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:50 pm

Six's Ability: One With the Land
Able to cultivate a very dense undergrowth over a small area that is difficult to move through for anyone but him. This can also serve as excellent camouflage if the hider is properly clothed. Also very loud to move through and can give ample warning if anyone tries.

Depending on how many people respond I may just separate them into "squads" and tell each one's story. Thinking If I don't get that many, then I'll still do what I can. Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dingo
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Attack Imminent! Defend the Nation!   Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:22 pm

Physical Build: 6ft something (excluding tail length) lightweight and fuffy.

Combat Experience: Street fighting, biting and basic sniper training.

Active Skills: Big super sniffer for sniffing ^_^, Able to dig huge holes in minutes aka instant moats. Puppy eyes of cuteness for those times when someone needs to calm down or has food me wants.

Knowledge Skills: Massive amounts of random/useless info from years of reading Book of records and random interweb sites. Bushman living/knowhow. First aid treatments (no way a doc)

Limitations: Lazy, easily distracted and needs to be told things a few times to sink in.

Supplies: BONES lots of BONES. Instant pillow and rug aka me. Lastly a good supply of soda drinks for all those days of digging.

Misc: Me be heading to where me works and fortifying it so there be years upon years of supplies.

Too lazy to think of anything else atm *Yawns*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Attack Imminent! Defend the Nation!   Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:44 pm

Not sure what ability to give you, Dingo.
A K9 nose is practically a superpower itself, as well as increased endurance and speed compared with any humanoid.
Thinking
Ah, I know. An ability not normally native to your kind.

Dingo's Ability: Operate Doors
Can open unlocked doors not designed with dingos in mind. Even the ones that would otherwise require thumbs.

Perfect. ^_^

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Attack Imminent! Defend the Nation!   Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:16 pm

Physical Build: 1.78m, 66kg ( Rolling Eyes 5'10", 145lbs)

Combat Experience: I kind of pay attention when watching my brother during his karate lessons. Shrug

Active Skills: standard first aid and lifeguarding certifications, knowledgeable swimmer, endurance, basic outdoor skills, food safety and cooking (people need to eat, right?)

Knowledge Skills: can care for (a bit) and saddle horses, studied meteorology and geography (have a good handle on surface formations). River rescue knowledge. Limited knowledge of French. Whatever I can remember. Laughing

Limitations: memory is terrible sometimes and may need to be taught something a few times before I understand and remember it.

Supplies: I have a bunch of geography textbooks beside me. Can get access to radio equipment.

Misc: I like to learn and can also teach. Oh, and any zombie we come across must be shot at least twice. Just to be sure.

Shrug

What else did ya wanna know?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Attack Imminent! Defend the Nation!   Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:52 pm

That'll do. Smile

Az's Ability: Celestial Navigation
As long as there's no cloud cover, she can easily find her way through any terrain at night by enhancing her geographical knowledge with the ability to navigate by the stars. In addition, low light vision is also increased while under starlight to the point of effectively seeing by lamplight. Having a light source other than starlight at close range cancels this out (meaning it wouldn't stack).

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Attack Imminent! Defend the Nation!   Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:13 am

Haha, that's perfect. Totally forgot about all the astronomy stuff I've done. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Attack Imminent! Defend the Nation!   Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:53 am

I don't mind mine. But when we go ATB can one of my high level skills be "mix the kool-aid"?

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Attack Imminent! Defend the Nation!   Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:07 am

With Az in now, at least there is someone close to a "medic".
I guess we wont be needing these then?

Puts away band aids with Angry Birds prints
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Attack Imminent! Defend the Nation!   Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:22 am

I thought that was what I was applying for...

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Attack Imminent! Defend the Nation!   Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:27 am

Oh sorry. There still is a position open for birthing partner though. tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Attack Imminent! Defend the Nation!   Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:29 am

DESTROOOOOOOOOOOOYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dingo
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Attack Imminent! Defend the Nation!   Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:46 am

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Not sure what ability to give you, Dingo.
A K9 nose is practically a superpower itself, as well as increased endurance and speed compared with any humanoid.
Thinking
Ah, I know. An ability not normally native to your kind.

Dingo's Ability: Operate Doors
Can open unlocked doors not designed with dingos in mind. Even the ones that would otherwise require thumbs.

Perfect. ^_^
Doormutt YAY *puts on doorman suit and waits for people to come running*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Attack Imminent! Defend the Nation!   Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:52 am

Lod wrote:
I don't mind mine. But when we go ATB can one of my high level skills be "mix the kool-aid"?
Okay, but I don't see how you're going to get the zombies to drink it. Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Attack Imminent! Defend the Nation!   Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:21 pm

Six wrote:
With Az in now, at least there is someone close to a "medic".
I guess we wont be needing these then?

Puts away band aids with Angry Birds prints
Yay! I just became the MVP. Laughing

Also, those are the best kind of band aids. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Attack Imminent! Defend the Nation!   Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:12 am

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Lod wrote:
Okay, but I don't see how you're going to get the zombies to drink it. Razz

Zombies? Oh yeah right... um never mind then.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Attack Imminent! Defend the Nation!   Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:56 pm

Physical Build: 6'3", gaunt in appearance, brown hair/blue eyes

Combat Experience: Has slain battalions of Chimera.

Active Skills: Graphics

Knowledge Skills: Math stuff/Astronomy/History

Limitations: Hypodermic needles. **** that.

Supplies: Lots of food and water.

Misc: I'm not afraid of no smelly zombies...
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Attack Imminent! Defend the Nation!   Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:49 pm

Physical Build: 6.5, lovable and teddy bear like, a little round on the edges

Combat Experience: .... I once stepped on a spider... A really big one!

Active Skills: Artistic stuff

Knowledge Skills: Art and History, building stuff, decent amount of weapon knowledge.

Limitations: I'm pretty big being 6.5" and will stand out in a sea of normal sized people, for crazy people to see. gets distracted a lot.

Supplies: food and water... and a crowbar just in case.

Misc: If zombies bite me Ill give 'em a peice of their own medicine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Attack Imminent! Defend the Nation!   Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:42 pm

You guys are just a day late and a dollar short. Ratchet, jolli, I'll try to get you guys into the next one. (Oh, that reminds me. All you guys owe me a dollar. $_$)

The (first?) story is done. Hope you all enjoy it. Very Happy= :D

What? Did you not think I had a motive for this? You're all mere blog fodder to me! AH HAH AH AHAHAHAHAHAH HA--*cough* *hack* *splutter*
Sorry. Not used to the evil laugh. I'll get it though.
Anyway, go read! Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Attack Imminent! Defend the Nation!   Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:13 pm

You dare cross a Sentinel, Monkey? I've killed Chimera for less. (Well, not really. Insomniac has sent me quite a bit of stuff at this point...)

Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for the next one, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Attack Imminent! Defend the Nation!   

Back to top Go down

Zombie Attack Imminent! Defend the Nation!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: