The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

First Ever Vancouver FanExpo

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Azira
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: First Ever Vancouver FanExpo   Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:29 pm

So this event kind of took me by surprise, and since I could just hop onto transit and get a $20 ticket I went. I went for the ReBoot Reunion and the opportunity to meet Elias Toufexis who was the voice of Adam Jensen in Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Vancouver Convention Centre

I took lots of the pictures, and thought I'd share my favourite/best/coolest of the day. Very Happy= :D

(In chronological order)

I did a lot of random wandering around. Very Happy= :D

Spoiler:

More about the 501st Legion later, but this was their R2-D2. There were a lot of Canucks jerseys yesterday as there was a Canucks game that night. (I'm not really a hockey person myself.)

Spoiler:

Okay help me out here. I recognize Harley Quinn on the right, but who's on the left?

Spoiler:

That is a LOT of t-shirts.

Spoiler:

They had a lot of toys and models for comics, TV shows and movies. I'm a fan of Hawkgirl so here she is. My camera lens is in the picture too apparently. Razz

Spoiler:

Here's part of the 501st Legion; a group of what I'd call serious Star Wars fans. They would pose with you in front of their backdrop there if you gave a donation to the Variety Club Children's Charity.

Spoiler:

... they also had more people in costume wandering around too.

Spoiler:

Here was their booth: one of many fan booths. I can't remember them all, but I do remember a Ghostbusters one and a Firefly one. Cool

Spoiler:

Some people in steampunk costume getting interviewed.

Spoiler:

I got this picture of Mike the TV from ReBoot and wanted to get some better ones but never got the opportunity. At the ReBoot Reunion panel some asked what the inspiration for Mike the TV was and co-creator Gavin Blair was happy to answer. Originally he was supposed to be Bob's TV and was supposed to be annoying. The problem was Bob lost Mike's remote and so Mike the TV runs around causing people grief. He became that obnoxious loud reporter that you sometimes see on TV. Razz

Spoiler:

My best picture of the panel. Left to right: Sharon Alexander, voice of adult AndrAIa; Gavin Blair; Shirley Millner, voice of Hexadecimal and Garry Chalk, who voiced Slash, Turbo, Herr Doktor, and Cyrus. The were all so happy to see the room filled with hundreds of ReBoot fans and were more than happy to answer questions.

If anyone has questions they have been asked at the panel and I could try answering them. Only if there's overlap though. Razz

Spoiler:

The other reason I went to the FanExpo: I wanted to meet Elias Toufexis who as I mentioned earlier voiced Adam Jensen in Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I didn't know who was waiting behind me so I came back later to talk some more.

And since around ten people asked me at the Expo, that is Lamarr - my headcrab hat - and you can get your own hat at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] when it's not sold out.

Spoiler:

For any of you in Calgary, you'll probably be interested in this.

Spoiler:

... even more t-shirts. It actually wasn't too loud or crowded there if I compare it to my PAX '10 trip.

Spoiler:

Someone dressed up as AndrAIa in the episode "Number 7" and Bob in the episode "Bad Bob".

Spoiler:

I think there were a lot of Mass Effect people there to see her - Jennifer Hale.

Spoiler:

This is what it looked like everywhere: tons and tons of comic books.

Spoiler:

The Batmobile!

Spoiler:

So cute!

Spoiler:

I went back and hat a chat with Elias. I asked him what his favourite part of the game was and he said he liked being able to add in his own dialogue whenever he wanted. Then we just started talking about various parts of the game: I told him I had saved Faridah on Hard and got my Pacifist trophy too and he said he was impressed. Very Happy= :D Michelle Boback - who voices Megan Reed - was also there so I got another picture. ;D

Spoiler:

Ninja Gaiden, I think?

Spoiler:

Looks a bit like Cole McGrath, right? Probably not a coincidence since he voices him. I brought a copy of inFamous 2 too.

I have some more pictures here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I had a really great time and for a first time, I think this expo did a pretty cool job. Way more people came than was expected, so hopefully next April there will be a second FanExpo. Smile

I need to take more pictures. Razz

Last edited by Sheogorath on Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : proofreading)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: First Ever Vancouver FanExpo   Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:46 am

Wow I want to go to something like that so bad. Its looks so fun. Its also nice to be around peeps who are into the same kind of stuff...... solidarity and all that. Thanks for sharing your pics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: First Ever Vancouver FanExpo   Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:20 am

Awesome Pics.
The second picture I think the other girl is supposed to be Miranda Lawson from Mass Effect, not sure though.

Looks good, and I did a Homer when I seen those comics.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: First Ever Vancouver FanExpo   Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:39 am

I probably should have proofread more. Razz

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Wow I want to go to something like that so bad. Its looks so fun. Its also nice to be around peeps who are into the same kind of stuff...... solidarity and all that. Thanks for sharing your pics.

I like taking pictures and sharing. Very Happy= :D It was fun. This was definitely geared more towards comics than it was towards games, whereas PAX is the other way around. It's a good idea to research these things before you go to them, but sometimes it's nice to be surprised.

Awesome Pics.
The second picture I think the other girl is supposed to be Miranda Lawson from Mass Effect, not sure though.

"A Homer"?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: First Ever Vancouver FanExpo   Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:57 pm

Cool stuff, Az. Thanks for sharing. Very Happy= :D

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: First Ever Vancouver FanExpo   Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:13 pm

No problem. People can see what was there and ask questions, I get to take pictures and answer them, so it's win-win for everyone. Very Happy= :D I'm a bit lucky with my closeness to Seattle and even more so Vancouver and not everyone can go to these events so I like to share. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
banded1
Tenth Nation

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: First Ever Vancouver FanExpo   Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:31 pm

second last pic is scorpion from mortal combat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: First Ever Vancouver FanExpo   Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:50 pm

It was one of those fighting games. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: First Ever Vancouver FanExpo   Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:26 am

Sheogorath wrote:

Awesome Pics.

"A Homer"?

"MMmmmmmm... Comic books" *Drools*

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Ever Vancouver FanExpo   

Back to top Go down

First Ever Vancouver FanExpo

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-