Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Train some Moderators and Admin

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

Train some Moderators and Admin  Empty
PostSubject: Train some Moderators and Admin    Train some Moderators and Admin  EmptyWed May 23, 2012 2:08 am

I was glancing through the blue people (Moderators) under each topic thread and tbh I rarely see most of them. Real life stuff comes up I get it. But if you really think you need 4 Mods for a topic and only one of them really hangs out on a regular basis, there is a staffing problem. I'm not suggesting anyone get removed, there are probably dam good reasons they were made Moderators. But I see some very level headed ,easy going people here on a regular basis who could handle the job. Why not see if some of those more involved folks might be up for helping out. I really think one should have "skin in the game" to be involved in moderating it. Only showing up every few weeks may not enable someone to know what is happening in the community they are moderating. Most Admins are very involved and I only mentioned them to make sure enough folks know what to do if the poop hits the fan technically. Just throwing it out there and no offense to anyone is meant.
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 83

PostSubject: Re: Train some Moderators and Admin    Train some Moderators and Admin  EmptyWed May 23, 2012 3:20 am

It has been discussed, but as you say, admins are quite active in the boards. Number online are generally an average of 15-30 members online, some months can go up to 50-70 online, but that is just some periods. We have admins and mods in both North America and Europe, so most of the times we are not online at the same time, but that also means we cover most of the day between us.
The thing is that if you count mods and admins as just "staff", then we have about 7-8 active staff out there, which is quite a lot if we consider the number of members logged in at any given time.
We have one new mod, Az, and we are kind of giving her some time to adapt and see if she considers she needs help, and also giving the other mods time to come back. I have been told one of them might be travelling at the moment, so he should come back at some point.
You are all well behaved and mature people, so there is not much work to do. The biggest thing that had to be done in the last few months was changing the boards and moving all the threads, and it was handled between 3 people.
It was discussed in the admin/mod area and initially we thought it would be good to get more mods, but then we realized that we are quite a large number already if you count us together. We are trying to increase the numbers of members, once there is more movement, there will probably be need for more mods. We also need to hear back from the current ones that are a bit awol.
It will be probably something that will be looked at again in a few months, maybe at the end of the year, but as someone who has disappeared a couple of months recently, I know that they might come back again at 100% once they sort whatever they are sorting. Obviously, if suddenly we get people in great numbers, we will need to do something quickly.
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Train some Moderators and Admin    Train some Moderators and Admin  EmptyWed May 23, 2012 4:15 am

Don't assume they aren't there just because you can't see them there. Wink

Train some Moderators and Admin  964794
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Train some Moderators and Admin    Train some Moderators and Admin  EmptyWed May 23, 2012 4:49 am

I'm always watching... mmmmm yes....
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Train some Moderators and Admin    Train some Moderators and Admin  EmptyWed May 23, 2012 4:54 am

The ever watching eye!
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Train some Moderators and Admin    Train some Moderators and Admin  EmptyWed May 23, 2012 5:02 am

Don't you go throwing any rings in volcanoes now, I'll still be here.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: Train some Moderators and Admin    Train some Moderators and Admin  EmptyWed May 23, 2012 5:25 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I think we are covered. Laughing

Love the thought and concern rr. But Sey is right. Atm, we already have more eyes than the site really demands. Our Admins have always played iron man football and played both sides.
As community size grows....we'll look at options then.
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Train some Moderators and Admin    Train some Moderators and Admin  EmptyWed May 23, 2012 7:08 am

Six wrote:
Love the thought and concern rr. But Sey is right. Atm, we already have more eyes than the site really demands. Our Admins have always played iron man football and played both sides.As community size grows....we'll look at options then.

Evil or Very Mad

You speak for yourself... Maybe Liam and Rx too. Thinking
Back to top Go down
Valkurie
Fifth Nation
Valkurie

Nation Reputation : 5

PostSubject: Re: Train some Moderators and Admin    Train some Moderators and Admin  EmptyWed May 23, 2012 8:56 am

*devilish giggles*
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Train some Moderators and Admin    Train some Moderators and Admin  EmptyWed May 23, 2012 9:06 am

It sounds like things are covered .I agree ADMINS are doing an admirable job. I only brought it up because I care.

Quote :
Don't assume they aren't there just because you can't see them there.

Thats why I started the thread. I lurked for a couple of months and registered "formally" last summer so I've been visiting/hanging for about a year. Typically Admins can and do hang out site unseen (pun intended) while Moderators are more visibly active members who are very involved in the community. I just made an observation that there were a lot of blue names that I personally didn't see around much.I hope I didn't offend or piss anyone off, thats not what my intentions were/are.
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: Train some Moderators and Admin    Train some Moderators and Admin  EmptyWed May 23, 2012 9:43 am

Of course you didn't upset anyone. I think it is great you care and put forward suggestions, and in fact, it was a very good suggestion, it just happens that we had exactly that same conversation about 2-3 weeks ago in the admin area, lol. Which also means that at some point we felt exactly the same. If you look at the pic Six has posted, you see there were 6 admins online (some hidden) and 2 mods had also been online within the last 24h. Only 27 members were online and the number includes also those admins.

I would give it a few months and see how the community grows and whether Raistlin or Kilmory are back, but not only I think your request was valid, but I also think it is great that you made it. We had decided beforehand to wait a bit and see how the numbers played on, so rest assured that we are not passing over the suggestion, but merely waiting a bit longer to discuss it again.

I want to highlight again that it is great that you have actually thought about how to improve the site and put the idea forward, thanks for that.
Back to top Go down
Valkurie
Fifth Nation
Valkurie

Nation Reputation : 5

PostSubject: Re: Train some Moderators and Admin    Train some Moderators and Admin  EmptyWed May 23, 2012 11:27 am

*cheers* cheers
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

Nation Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Train some Moderators and Admin    Train some Moderators and Admin  EmptyWed May 23, 2012 11:56 am

To be honest, you guys are so well behaved that most of the time I feel like I don't really have a job to do. Very Happy= :D I mean, you could all start not behaving and give me work to do and then we could consider getting more moderators, but I don't think anyone wants to start doing that.

And, if you want to see Rx more often, start posting pictures of peacocks and leave a bucket of shuriken nearby. Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Train some Moderators and Admin    Train some Moderators and Admin  EmptyWed May 23, 2012 12:03 pm

I do remember 'monkey giving me a sharp jab to the ribs that I deserved once.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: Train some Moderators and Admin    Train some Moderators and Admin  EmptyThu May 24, 2012 4:05 pm

another change was that people who were mods, got bumped to admins too (monkey)
Back to top Go down
Celly
Celly

Nation Reputation : 67

PostSubject: Re: Train some Moderators and Admin    Train some Moderators and Admin  EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 7:43 am

Nothing wrong for calling it how you see it rr. I totally respect that.
And we could always use people/friends looking out for what will continue to make our home a safe and fun experience for veteran and new members.
The Admins and Mods that were selected were selected because of the obvious knowledge that duties would be carried out fairly.Personally I believe the Nation not only has the best users but staff that I have ever seen on a forum.We are a great group of people.
When I came back and seen Spunky's name in red I was happy .Couldn't have picked a better guy to assist in the looking after the community.Same with Stella although I think she is dying to swing the ban hammer.Wink
Realisticly we are well behaved and don't need much slapping on the rist.Although I do drop the F bomb a lot.But I try to be respectful because I love this community and everyone that makes this the sixthnation!!
We don't feed off drama as I've seen in some forums. We enjoy laughing with each other.We look after our own.WE ROCK!
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: Train some Moderators and Admin    Train some Moderators and Admin  EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 7:59 am

... this was a four month old thread Razz
Back to top Go down
Celly
Celly

PostSubject: Re: Train some Moderators and Admin    Train some Moderators and Admin  EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 8:04 am

Yeah I know... Just playing catch up dear..
Wink
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

Nation Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Train some Moderators and Admin    Train some Moderators and Admin  EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 1:47 pm

Cel wrote:
Same with Stella although I think she is dying to swing the ban hammer.Wink

No I'm not. >.>

Back to top Go down
Celly
Celly

PostSubject: Re: Train some Moderators and Admin    Train some Moderators and Admin  EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 2:15 pm

Laughing

Nananana
Back to top Go down

Train some Moderators and Admin

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sixth Nation Gaming :: News in the Nation :: Things You Should Know :: The Suggestion Box-
Jump to: