The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Things You Collect (List Your Collections)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Things You Collect (List Your Collections)   Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:25 pm

Azira wrote:
1. It could be rare at this point, making it valuable that way.

2. The prices of the materials used to make it have changed. At one point it cost five cents to make a penny, so they had to change the way they made the coins.

For America, that happened in 1964 for Dimes/Quarters (Anything from 1964 back are partially silver) and 1982 for pennies. I know a couple of people that hoard 1982 back pennies just because of the copper the contain. Personally, I just keep anything from 1959 back. I like silver a lot, though. Laughing
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Things You Collect (List Your Collections)   Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:23 pm

When the price of Zinc gets high pennies still lose money.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Things You Collect (List Your Collections)   Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:01 pm

rrwatch wrote:
When the price of Zinc gets high pennies still lose money.

True, which is why I wouldn't be surprised if they are discontinued somewhat soon. Sad
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Things You Collect (List Your Collections)   Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:05 pm

Isn't canada doing that ? discontinuing pennies ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Things You Collect (List Your Collections)   Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:10 pm

jolli-timer wrote:

If I remember correctly, yes. It's a shame.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Things You Collect (List Your Collections)   Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:13 pm

Well.. things have to end sometimes, I was pretty sad when they discontinued the VHS tapes.. Nuthing beats watching a shitty tape of a movie on a shitty tv... I miss those times. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Things You Collect (List Your Collections)   Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:11 pm

RatchetH22 wrote:
jolli-timer wrote:

If I remember correctly, yes. It's a shame.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They stopped making them a while ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: Things You Collect (List Your Collections)   Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:56 pm

I have one american dollar... does that count as collecting something?

My friend went to America for a couple weeks with the school, and brought us back one dollar each... to which the four of us stood there... sniffing the dollar

"so this is what America smells like? Huh..." Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Things You Collect (List Your Collections)   Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:24 am

When shops stop doing that rediculous "€x.99" and they stop the freaking pennies I'll be glad.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Things You Collect (List Your Collections)   Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:45 pm

I think we have currency from eight or nine different countries.

Pictures. I should get some. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Things You Collect (List Your Collections)   Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:48 pm

I've got a lot of foreign coins. Ancient Chinese coins, a France half-franc, German pfennings, Netherlands coins, couple from Italy, Mexico, Canada, Liberia, United Arab Emirates, etc etc.
The list goes on and on.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Things You Collect (List Your Collections)   Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:57 pm

I had a weird going through collections day yesterday (I'll try to get some nice pictures soon). I'll try to remember.

Coins from Canada and US (obviously), UK, EU, Norway, Germany, China, Hong Kong, and Australia. Dad gave me some special coins he had, so now I have UK coins with George V, George VI and Elizabeth with a ribbon in her hair.

I have centennial Canadian penny and nickel, sided (not serrated) nickels, quarters and loonie from Canada's 125th, four 1999 quarters and a 1999 toonie (1999 was the year Nunavut was formed, so the toonie had a Nunavut-themed design on it), eight 2000 quarters, three war-themed quarters, a Blue Nose 400 years quarter, a coloured breast cancer awareness quarter and several Olympic themed ones, for 2010 and a Cindy Klassen one from 2006.

^ Gathered through circulation.

Non-circulation sets: two different 1982 proof sets of Canadian coins, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], a Silver Jubilee medallion (?) and a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

I have a bunch of pins and inherited a few more so I'll have to take new pictures.

I like shiny things! Excited

I also have a ton of crests which I should really sew onto a blanket sometimes and show them off. Laughing Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Things You Collect (List Your Collections)   Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:33 pm

i mostly collect magic cards, actually playing cards , and dice ...wait dose alcohol count im a big collector of that lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Things You Collect (List Your Collections)   Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:42 am

RatchetH22 wrote:
I've got a lot of foreign coins. Ancient Chinese coins, a France half-franc, German pfennings, Netherlands coins, couple from Italy, Mexico, Canada, Liberia, United Arab Emirates, etc etc.
The list goes on and on.

Want some Euros? Pretty crappy though.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Things You Collect (List Your Collections)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:39 am

Lod wrote:
RatchetH22 wrote:
The list goes on and on.

Want some Euros? Pretty crappy though.

I've got a few Euros here and there. Ive found a couple at our bank just laying around.

Just searched 8 penny rolls. Found 3 keepers overall. I got a 1942-D Wheat Penny and 2 1959-D pennies. Not much, but all in all I'm okay with it. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: Things You Collect (List Your Collections)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:04 pm

I collect makeup and nail polishes

Although I'm pretty sure most girls do that, I do have a rather impressive collection of stuff I have but hardly wear...

And I also get super defensive if anyone tries to borrow anything
Embarassed

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chamberdog
Second Nation

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Things You Collect (List Your Collections)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:22 pm

I was buying lunch the other day and was given a penny from '72 that was shiny clean. Like it had never been touched before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Things You Collect (List Your Collections)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:24 pm

Chamberdog wrote:
I was buying lunch the other day and was given a penny from '72 that was shiny clean. Like it had never been touched before.

I've got a couple pretty crisp looking pennies from the 70's. They look nice, huh?
Back to top Go down
Chamberdog
Second Nation

PostSubject: Re: Things You Collect (List Your Collections)   Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:57 pm

They're so shiny! Like, squeaky clean kind of shiny. I don't remember ever seeing one so pristine before. My mind had been blown.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Things You Collect (List Your Collections)   Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:22 am

Chamberdog wrote:
They're so shiny! Like, squeaky clean kind of shiny. I don't remember ever seeing one so pristine before. My mind had been blown.

So you also collect one hitters eh ?? j/k
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Things You Collect (List Your Collections)   Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:22 pm

*facepalm Pictures.

I swear, every time I say I'll get pictures it never happens. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Things You Collect (List Your Collections)   Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:20 pm

Luna wrote:
*facepalm Pictures.

I swear, every time I say I'll get pictures it never happens. Embarassed
I take that back.

Not "never". But months later. Embarassed Idk what it is with me.
Spoiler:

(I've reorganized it since. Maybe I'll get around to updating it.)
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chamberdog
Second Nation

PostSubject: Re: Things You Collect (List Your Collections)   Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:47 pm

Today I've realized that I have a growing bottle cap collection, and I've also realized I never thought of it as a collection until today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: Things You Collect (List Your Collections)   Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:48 pm

Chamberdog wrote:
Today I've realized that I have a growing bottle cap collection, and I've also realized I never thought of it as a collection until today.

My son collects them too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things You Collect (List Your Collections)   

Back to top Go down

Things You Collect (List Your Collections)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: