The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:25 am

Ha Ha Sayber I actually get your reference. It sorta makes me think of this song by the Lost Fingers which has shown up in my life three times in the past couple of days,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have heard a hamburger is named after the city Hamburg where it was supposedly invented.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:50 am

...I like mine better.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:32 pm

Tim Hortens:

They make awesome hot chocolate that you can buy and drink. Their hot chocolate powder that you can buy and take home is awful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:27 pm

So Im going to Las Vegas next week to eat at Tom Colicchio's restaurant. He is The head chef of the television show "TOP CHEF". I've never watched the show but a good friend of mine and his wife are big fans. A few years ago they were in Vegas for a pool tournament and they were looking for a nice place to eat. They saw that the restaurant [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] was operated by their favorite celebrity chef. My friends 50th B-day is this weekend so we are flying out to meet them and eat at this restaurant. They are a single couple who are pretty well off, they travel and eat out a lot, it is the "best restaurant they have ever eaten at." They have all sorts of extravagant dishes Kobe and Wagyu beef and exotic dishes, One of the Kobe beef steaks is $600 American. This is probably the most extravagant thing I have ever done in my life. By the time we add up the plane tickets , the hotel for 2 days and the meal its gonna be a haircut. But why not, I've know my buddy for almost 25 years and his wife a little longer. We really like spending time with them and celebrating such a big event will be pretty cool. I'm looking forward to it for sure and if it turns out well I'll blog about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dingo
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:35 am

Made choc chip muffin cake today aka muffin mix into cake tin ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:44 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Make a bowl of this, and eat with ice cream... omnomnomnom
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:38 pm

Had a mango and pineapple fruit smoothie from McDonald's today since my WSI class went there... It was yummy. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:48 am

I had a chili beef and cashew nut salad...

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 82

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:53 am

That sounds awesome rrwatch! let us know how it goes at that restaurant!

Easy Sticky BBQ sauce for cooking:

1 cup of ketchup
1 cup of honey
1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of mince or crushed garlic

Mix everything and cover your meat before cooking.
1 measurement cup = 8 ounces = 225 grams = 1/2 pound

Sweet and sour sauce for cooking option A:

1 small tin of pineapple in juice
4 tablespoons of ketchup
4 tablespoons of rice vinegar (not wine vinegar)
4 tablespoons of brown sugar
1.5 tablespoons of cornstarch / corn flour
1 onion
1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 glass of water (200ml)
Chop the onion finely. Put it in a heated frying pan with the vegetable oil, let it soft and go yellow (the heat has to be low). Add the pineapple chunks and put up the heat just a bit, so the pineapple caramelises a bit. Add all the other ingredients (except the corn starch) in a glass or whatever, ready to throw in. When the pineapple has caramelised a bit and the onion is quite soft, add the mix you had in the glass, mix well and start adding the corn starch slowly all over the place whilst you keep stirring. Once you feel the consistency is ok, it is ready.

4 tablespoons = 1/4 cup = 2 ounces = 56.7 grams

Sweet and sour sauce for cooking, lazy option B:

9 tablespoons of ketchup
3 tablespoons of malt vinegar
4 tablespoons of muscovado sugar [you can use brown sugar if you haven't got the muscovado one]
1 tin of pineapple

Mix in a bowl everything but the pineapple, put in the microwave and heat for a few seconds until the sugar dissolves. Take out, add the pineapple tin. Use for your recipe. You could fry some chicken, onions and peppers, for example, and add the sauce.

Easy brownies recipe tomorrow.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:56 am

I always went with Tobasco sauce in my my bbq sauce.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:59 am

I guess you can add it. I cannot have spicy food [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:27 am

Why?

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:05 am

I cannot have foods that cause irritation or are difficult to digest. I have ulcers in the digestive system.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:35 am

Aaaah gotcha.

Christ I hope I don't develop them... I like my spicy goodness.

Later on today I will be making chili fried spuds with beef strips stuffed inside a roast pepper with garlic red onion garnish... Or maybe I won't do the stuffing... Tomatoe sauce maybe...

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:19 am

Sounds great, tbh, I never remember I can stuff the peppers, I always end up roasting them and having them in jars with olive oil and garlic.

I have a small beef roasting joint for today but I am not sure if I should roast it or stew it. I wanted to have some rice with it. I am looking for recipes online to see if I find anything inspirational.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:22 am

Food Network tends to have some good ones.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:27 am

Thanks for that, I did not know the website.
Bookmarked!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:31 am

I'm trying to figure out how to make sticky rice balls without the need for the rice type. At the moment all I can come up with is overcooking the Basmati rice and leaving the lid on the pot when all the water is gone and leaving it to steam cook.

Honey beef rice balls, that's something I wanna try... Still working on the recipe.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:40 am

You need a specific rice for that scratch
My mum used to add like egg and stuff to the rice to make it sticky and then stuff them, roll it up and then you fry them with a bit of oil til they go golden brown..
everything was pre cooked and just needed to be rolled into the ball :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:45 am

SayberBANG! wrote:
My mum used to add like egg and stuff to the rice to make it sticky and then stuff them, roll it up and then you fry them with a bit of oil til they go golden brown..
everything was pre cooked and just needed to be rolled into the ball :3

Yea, it's a rice with a lot of gluten or something in it.

I was thinking of the eggs, but not frying them... Smart woman...

I was thinking of battering them... or even breading them, but kept thinking they would fall apart in fryer and didn't wanna clean up the mess that would make.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:28 pm

I bought too many hot dog buns.

Someone bring something to fill them with and we'll have a party.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:03 am

Made some cilantro-lime chicken skewers with mushroom, tomato, bell pepper, and pineapple served over a baby spring mix salad. Had mayo-mustard-sriracha sauce for dipping. cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how to make sticky rice balls without the need for the rice type. At the moment all I can come up with is overcooking the Basmati rice and leaving the lid on the pot when all the water is gone and leaving it to steam cook.

Honey beef rice balls, that's something I wanna try... Still working on the recipe.

I used Jasmine rice to make spicy tuna rice balls. It came out okay. Probably would have been better had I used the correct rice or actual nori or perfected the sauce. Razz

For steamed rice, I add the rice to the measuring cup, fill it with water, and drain. After that, I shift the rice around with a spoon and wash the rice again.

After the water starts to boil a bit, I turn down the heat to a very low setting and add the rice. Cover the pot and simmer for 15~20 minutes depending on the instructions. Once it's cooked, remove from the heat and let it sit for 5~10 minutes before fluffing with a fork.

SayberBANG! wrote:

Yep, you supposedly need to use Japonica or Calrose rice for it. Otherwise it's a big no-no. silent
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:18 am

TheLastNinja wrote:
Made some cilantro-lime chicken skewers with mushroom, tomato, bell pepper, and pineapple served over a baby spring mix salad. Had mayo-mustard-sriracha sauce for dipping. cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

I used Jasmine rice to make spicy tuna rice balls. It came out okay. Probably would have been better had I used the correct rice or actual nori or perfected the sauce. Razz

For steamed rice, I add the rice to the measuring cup, fill it with water, and drain. After that, I shift the rice around with a spoon and wash the rice again.

After the water starts to boil a bit, I turn down the heat to a very low setting and add the rice. Cover the pot and simmer for 15~20 minutes depending on the instructions. Once it's cooked, remove from the heat and let it sit for 5~10 minutes before fluffing with a fork.

SayberBANG! wrote:

Yep, you supposedly need to use Japonica or Calrose rice for it. Otherwise it's a big no-no. silent

Nice one on the skewers, sounds pretty good.
And cheers for the tips.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:01 pm

I had some slightly spicy chicken nuggets last night with fries and carrots... so interesting. Laughing

The chicken nuggets were good. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:38 pm

@Azira wrote:
I had some slightly spicy chicken nuggets last night with fries and carrots... so interesting. Laughing

The chicken nuggets were good. Very Happy= :D

Spicy chicken nuggets are amazing. Then again, most anything that is spicy I'll devour. Bahahaa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: