The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 5:03 am

In that it interferes with your meal times or in when you are actually hungry? If you wanna kill off the appetite you could drink some water to fill you.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

Nation Reputation : 61

The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 7:29 am

I'm so proud of the amount of men in here who know how to cook. Clap

Ok.. Stella,Liam,Ninja and Jolli..
I need a kick ass recipe that would feed a unit of four.So that I may be crown QUEEN of the kitchen..YES!! Excited
This kick ass recipe cannot include tomato of any sort. Thinking
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 8:53 am

Chilli battered chicken goujons with chunky chips and curry sauce on the side for dipping?

Pasta Carbonara?

Chicken En Croute minus the tomatoe in my recipe?

Pancakes?

Waffles and Chicken?

Holy crap I use a lot of tomato type recipes...

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 9:15 am

Yes you do,Liam.
Thinking
But...tell me about #1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 10:00 am

Get some flour and water and chili flakes.
Mix together like you would if you were making pancake mix.
Make sure the mix is thick.

Cut up four boneless chicken fillets/breasts, nice and thick, you should get four or five a fillet.
Dip into batter mix, and deep fry in oil heated to 180 cel/350 fh till crispy outside. Dry off the oil. Let the chicken cool down completely. When you need to serve re-dip them in oil for 3 mins then place and place in oven at 200 degree Celsius/390 fh for 10 mins.

Chunky Chips, just get some spuds, cut into chunks, par-boil for a few mins then strain off the water and place spuds in deep fat fryer. Cook till done.

Curry sauce, just get some of the powdered stuff, and mix it up in the pot of boiling water, bring to boil and simmer for 15 mins, let it thicken up, make sure you stir it. Use curry for dipping.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 10:59 am

Thank you.. Sounds delish. Excited
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 11:08 am

No prob. Remember, Thick Batter.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 11:10 am

Yeppers! I'm writing it down.
How did you learn to cook, Liam? Thinking
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 11:17 am

Worked in my fathers bakery since I was a kid, then hotel kitchens from 15 or 16 onwards with a brother.

But what really made me wanna learn it is my mother. She's a bad cook with no real idea on how to do proper portions. Does a good roast though and knows how to make a sauce out of meat juices. I used to get meals that would feed 2 grown men. Christmas time we don't get a plate of food, we get a mountain. And you have to eat it all. Also the school I went too had bad cooks too so I was cooking my own food there as well.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 3:33 pm

Ever thought about doing it professionally?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 4:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
In that it interferes with your meal times or in when you are actually hungry? If you wanna kill off the appetite you could drink some water to fill you.
It's just messing with timing. I'll eat dinner later because that's when I'd get home, but when it's breakfast time I'm not hungry.

Drives me nuts, I tell you. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 10:14 pm

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, Stella.
You could eat a good breakfast and stay full for most of the day.
Liam is right about the water. They say to drink a big glass just before eating.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 10:45 pm

I keep telling people to eat breakfast. My day feels weird without a breakfast. It's the most important meal of the day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 10:57 pm

I use to not be big on breakfast. Then I got pregnant and Xylie's grandfather would fix me a big breakfast.
Now every Saturday or Sunday me & Six go to this cute cafè. The breakfast is delish. I get the same thing every time. Call me a creature of habit. Shrug
But it gives me energy and I stay miserably full forever. So worth it though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 3:48 am

Celly wrote:
Ever thought about doing it professionally?

I do on weekends. Had to get me a second job.

Threw some salt on the chili batter chicken and put it in the oven with some veg, man that tasted good.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 1:40 pm

GRILLED CHEESE SAMMICHES!!!

That is all. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 7:51 am

Halloumi cheese salad with sweet chili sauce poured over it. Om nam num nom

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation
SparklyBazongaz,

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 10:17 am

^^^ I actually had some of that the other day... oh god it was soooo good! Excited

Could have done with a little more chilli on it though Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 10:30 am

It is though isn't it? Specially when it's after bein fried up. Looks like chicken cubes.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 7:43 pm

Once upon a time I needed a lunch and hadn't brought one so I went to my uni's cafe to get a crispy chicken burger. It was DELICIOUS. If I couldn't have a Wendy's spicy chicken burger, this was the next best thing.

Today I thought I'd treat myself to yumminess and get another chicken burger. I have to say, I was extremely disappointed this time 'round at it was way too much money for what I got. Same place.

Stupid. Where did the good food go? Angry :angry:

I'll just go to Safeway next time and get a sandwich. I'd definitely get my money's worth there. >_>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 4:19 am

I hate that when you have a usual food that you buy all the time and then some corporate suit decides that you need to eat something a little cheaper to produce (more cardboardy, in other words) Mad

Halloumi cheese? Que tal? scratch

NVM, found it...
Wiki wrote:
The cheese is white, with a distinctive layered texture, similar to mozzarella and has a salty flavour. It is stored in its natural juices with salt-water and can keep for up to a year if frozen below −18 °C (0 °F) and defrosted to +4 °C (39 °F) for sale. It is often garnished with mint to add to the taste. Traditionally, the mint leaves were used as a preservative, this practice arising from the serendipitous discovery that Halloumi kept better and was fresher and more flavoursome when wrapped with mint leaves. In accordance with this tradition, many packages of halloumi contain fragments of mint leaves on the surface of the cheese. The cheese is often used in cooking and can be fried until brown without melting, owing to its higher-than-normal melting point. This makes it an excellent cheese for frying or grilling (e.g. in saganaki) or fried and served with vegetables, as an ingredient in salads. Cypriots like eating halloumi with watermelon in the warm months, and as halloumi and lountza - a combination of halloumi cheese and either a slice of smoked pork, or a soft lamb sausage.

Fried cheesy-watermelon sounds nice. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 5:05 am

Oooooh have to try that myself.
It is very nice though, specially when you add something sweet to it to work with the saltiness.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation
SparklyBazongaz,

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 10:01 am

My dad decided to put some on the bbq, and because of the chilli oil it was in, and the fact that he put it on the bloody griller instead of the flat plate, made it go up in flames... Rolling Eyes

brought out a lovely smokey flavour to it actually... Thinking

like he says, a little bit of charcoal never hurt anyone Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 10:17 am

Smoked meat can be nice. Not really a fan of smoked chicken tough.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 7:05 pm

Oh man, I adapted a swai fish recipe for boneless chicken breast. I really wish I paid closer attention to the cooking time, because it had such a nice sear/crust, and was so juicy. Shocked [I was worried it didn't cook through because the cayenne pepper mixed with the juices.]

I rubbed some black pepper, sea salt, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and Herbs de Provence into both sides of the breast.

Heat up pan on high. [I used a pretty small pan.]
Add canola oil [I think it may have been a grapeseed-olive-canola blend]
Turn down the heat to medium while the oil heats up, then add a little butter.
Add garlic powder to the oil/butter, and then some red wine vinegar. [This is supposed to be done the other way around, but I messed up it up and added garlic powder twice.]
Place the breast into the pan and fry it until it's done.

I'm going to estimate the first side cooked for ~5~6 minutes. Then the other side for 4~5 minutes. I'll try to recreate it and take measurements next time, hopefully this wasn't a fluke. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: