The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:24 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I thought Buffalo were extinct...

If I had known how dam good a Bison/buffalo Filet was 10 years ago they probably would be ! Guns firing I've had buffalo burgers before and they were good but a little too lean for me, I tend too like a juicy burger 80% to 89% lean. Ted Turner owns half of friggin Montana... seriulsly after the US government he is the biggest landowner in the US. Ranching has brought back the Bison population to a point where it is viable to sell in stores and restaurants. On occasion there are "buffalo hunts" out here where they cull certain areas from Bison over population
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leo_337
14th Nation

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:48 am

Just eating a new 'Turkish Delight' flavoured yoghurt from Muller... It actually works. Very munchable. Very Happy= :D

Carry on. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:40 am

You should go into the biggest loser thread and post all the stuff you eat in there.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:28 pm

I've been making carbonara, the legit way Cool
Shitload of crispy bacon, sometimes add tomatoes and mushrooms, and the trick is to let the bacon cool down in the pan, add your freshly cooked pasta in and stir the bacon through which helps cool the pasta down a bit.. Then you add the egg yolks (I sometimes add grated cheese to the eggs) and its always a risk because there's that tiny temperature difference between scrambled eggs and a lovely creamy texture.. So it's always really scary to make because there's such a risk in trying to get it right.. But when it works.. Holy. Shit. It's perfection Cool

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leo_337
14th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Wed May 01, 2013 7:02 am

I always thought Carbonara had to have cheese in it.. scratch

Or is that just my cheese addiction clouding my judgement? Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Wed May 01, 2013 8:12 am

I don't like putting the cheese in cuz I get really sick from most cheeses... except from one.. which is really weird Suspect (like I can eat cheese with no problem, just the smell of cheese makes me so nauseous that I literally cannot eat anymore than a little bit or I just lose my apetite Crying or Very sad) so yeah I can have a little, just not the massive ammounts my mum loves to shove in there.. I'm talking she puts a f**** entire like cup of grated cheese... No

I'm like *tiny little tablespoon* and shes all "NEEDS MORE" and I had to wrestle the cheese away from her No

but yeah you can add more cheese to the deliciousness, I just don't like it that much
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Wed May 01, 2013 10:28 am

I always thought Carbonara had to have cheese in it.. scratch

Or is that just my cheese addiction clouding my judgement? Suspect

Grana Padano or Parmigiano depending on how salty you want it.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Fri May 03, 2013 12:12 pm

Traditionally the cheeses are Pecorino Romano or Parmigiano-Reggiano. Growing up Italian, we had both in the house at all times, and cheese is a must IMO, heh.
Also, if you can get your hands on pancetta and/or prosciutto (both types of Italian bacon, but tastes very unique), use them together for the best flavor, but on their own they are just as good!

Last night I made an epic meal on the BBQ.
-Fresh, local, cut to order new york stip loins
-Portobello mushroom cap marinated in balsamic with garlic
-Asparagus with chilies
-Parsnips with olive oil and garlic (sliced lengthwise)

It's the first time I have grilled parsnips, and I don't think I will do it any other way from now on!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Fri May 03, 2013 6:35 pm

Yummy !! I love local beef when I can get it on occasion. Portobello sounds great I think of it as a beef substitute at times, Asparagus with chilies ?? Ohh man. Never had parsnips I dont think. Tomorrow night I'm checking out a German/Belgian cafe with friends, supposed to have one of the best Bavarian type beer selections in Denver and good German food.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Sat May 04, 2013 7:29 am

Yeah, I've made "burgers" with portobello's as the meat before, add some smoked mozzerella, straight from the garden tomato, and fresh basil! Mmmmm...

For the asparagus; I used to toss it in some olive oil and red chilies before grilling, then I found the errors of my way. I found the best way to grill asparagus (with chilies or not), is to grill them dry, yes, that's right, wash them, toss them on the grill, no oil, butter, etc. Medium heat, let them getting blackened, nay, caramelized, then just roll them (watch the flower end, they can vaporize). Once all sides are caramelized, move them to a plate, pour some good quality extra virgin olive oil over the top, a dash of sea salt, and some crush/minced red chilies (or no chilies)... a bit of garlic never hurt either! You get a great flavour from the sugars in the asparagus caramelizing instead of "frying", or having the oil cook/burn. Couple this with the fregrant taste of good quality "uncooked" olive oil... AMAZING!

PS - Works well with fresh long green beans too.

If you haven't tried parsnip, you should! It's one of my favorite root veg. Similar to turnip in taste, but looks like a white carrot.

Mmm, German beer! I would join you if it wasn't hours hours and hours away! lol

-Speaking of beer, does anyone use the 'untapped' app? You can link beers you have had, link the location where you had it, take a pic, rate it up to 5 "bottle caps", and write a blurb on it. Not only does it keep track of the beers you have tried, but you can see what your friends have tried, and where. You can see what others in the area (not friends, just using GPS), have tried and where. You can see what beers are most highly recommended by the community, and which beers are currently trending. There is even an option for it to recommend a place to go near by to try some beer. Great app, that also links to Facebook, Twitter, and 4Square.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Sat May 04, 2013 1:59 pm

I'll be all over trying out that Asparagus/green bean grilling recipe Thanks a lot for taking the time to write it up ! +1. Here is the Beer Cafe place I am going to maybe it is in your app ??

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Mon May 06, 2013 8:47 am

Anytime, I hope you like it!

Place looks good, but the website could use some work lol

Mmmmm...

Pasta Gorgonzola 12.00
Penne pasta, mushrooms and asparagus tossed in a bacon gorgonzola cream sauce.
Suggested pairing: Lindeman’s Cassis

Award-winning, steamed mussels served with our special frites, your choice of dipping sauce and a French roll.
Provencale 14.00
Garlic, mushrooms, celery and carrots in a creamed leek white wine.
Suggested pairing: Orval

I am liking the menu!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leo_337
14th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Tue May 07, 2013 4:30 am

Parsnips are WIN!! I love them honey roasted, if you score the flesh first you get beautiful crisp edges whilst still keeping the inside soft and fluffy... Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Fri May 10, 2013 12:16 am

Oooo, I have never thought about honey! I will have to try that for sure!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Fri May 10, 2013 2:32 am

Oooo, I have never thought about honey! I will have to try that for sure!

Just picked up about 5 lbs of local honey now I have another use for it !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Fri May 10, 2013 4:29 am

I started making my own granola bars.. oats, crispy rice cereal, hney, vanilla, butter, and mini chocolate chips and peanut butter. Yum
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Fri May 10, 2013 11:01 am

The people who made the best honey in the world closed down a few years ago. Sad

... and it was the best honey in the world, at least according to a Carmen Sandiego game. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Sun May 12, 2013 1:29 am

The people who made the best honey in the world closed down a few years ago. Sad

... and it was the best honey in the world, at least according to a Carmen Sandiego game. Laughing

Ewwwwww! People honey! :sick2:

I prefer honey from bees.

Hehe, sorry, I couldn't resist.

=====

I made one of my fave summer meals tonight. Sausage and peppers (I'm a good Italian boy!)

Grill up some nice spicey italian sausage.
1 diced green pepper, 1 diced red pepper, and 1 diced yellow onion.
Sautee the onion with some olive oil. Once they start to stoften, add the peppers, some minced garlic (I use at least 3 to 4 large cloves, minium), red chili flakes, and some salt.
Once the peppers start to soften, crank up the heat! You want some blackening on the pepper skins, and some of the onion edges. Once there, remove from heat.
Place sausage on a nice big soft bun (Has to be big to fit the peppers), cover in as much of the peppers as you want.
Eat, and enjoy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Mon May 13, 2013 8:48 pm

I make the same sausage and peppers dish, only no garlic .. my wife is allergic to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Mon May 13, 2013 10:37 pm

I add a single jalapeño
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Mon May 13, 2013 11:40 pm

I am not a huge fan of the flavor of jalapeños, and to be honest, the thought of it in an Italian dish makes my Italian half quiver, lol Razz
I either us red chili flakes, or home grown red chilies.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Tue May 14, 2013 4:11 am

Holy crap if I was allergic to garlic I would cry.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Tue May 14, 2013 6:47 am

Holy crap if I was allergic to garlic I would cry.

This ^ x 1 000 000 000 000 000 + infinity!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leo_337
14th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Tue May 14, 2013 7:11 am

That must be really hard to live with.. About 90% of everything nowadays has Garlic powder in it. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Tue May 14, 2013 11:43 am

I only use a small amount. Just cuz i can't use habanero cuz of jeremiah. And u
I grow jalapeños in my garden so i use it a lot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 21 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: