The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22
AuthorMessage
Cel
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 61

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:38 am

I consider myself a decent cook. I love doing it and I love cooking for a lot of people at one time.

But the following I made on Father's day and was dubbed " Best cook in the world " by Six's kids.

Cel's kick ass French toast!!

Crack a few eggs in a bowl. ( The amount will depend on how many you are serving. )
Add a small amount of milk.
Beat the shit out of them.
Add a little butter into the pan.
Dip a piece of bread into egg batter.
Get it good. Shocked
Then cook the bread in a pan. Set it temp on medium.
Once those bad boys are lightly brown, add a little butter, sprinkle some powder sugar and cinnamon and serve.
It's quick, simple and down right yummy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:51 am

Add a small amount of vanilla to your egg mixture. REALLY adds to the flavor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:53 am

iRideAPalmer wrote:
Add a small amount of vanilla to your egg mixture. REALLY adds to the flavor
Excited
Holy crap!
Thanks. I'll do that! Yummy!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:06 am

I do eggs, small amount milk, vanilla and cinnamon as the mixture. The vanilla is the most important part. Lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:20 pm

I hear that if you let the bread dry out the night before it sops up more yumminess before you put it on the frying pan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:04 pm

iRideAPalmer wrote:
I do eggs, small amount milk, vanilla and cinnamon as the mixture. The vanilla is the most important part. Lol

Thats my recipe too ! I like to buy french bread the day before, and take it out at night so it is perfect for French Toast by morning. I think I got that from Dalton Brown's old show.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:44 pm

I use french bread when i remember it. But usually whatever i have laying around.
It's the recipe my grandpa gave my dad and dad gave to me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:19 pm

I'll be making a heart attack tonight

quarter pound burger
one small to medium piece of lightly breaded chicken
some cheese
top it off with Prego provolone and bacon spaghtti sauce

I'll be putting the chicken ontop of my burger , idk what I'll call it . Hopefully it will be amazing lmao
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:31 pm

Tonight is pork chops that have been marinated for 12 hours in a mixture of apple juice, brown sugar, and a tiny amount of apple cider vinegar. Gonna be cooked om the grill. Idk what we're having with it yet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:51 pm

Check this out- I'm making this shit soon!!!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:00 pm

rrwatch wrote:
iRideAPalmer wrote:

Thats my recipe too ! I like to buy french bread the day before, and take it out at night so it is perfect for French Toast by morning. I think I got that from Dalton Brown's old show.

Alton Brown's Good Eats? That show was awesome! Very Happy= :D

Back when I was okay with bread, we'd add vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Don't think we used any sugar though.

Now that I have a cast iron pan, I'm going to make a meatza. If it comes out well, I'll post my recipe. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:45 pm

Well my chicken parm cheese burger with provolone bacon spaghetti sauce was amazing, it was only missing some nice thick sliced bacon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:15 am

Everytime I read this thread I get hungry !! I eat ok in the morning but its so damn hot lately I skip lunch and eat a crappy lite dinner. After 9 pm or so it starts cooling down and I get starved, then I read about Meatza, Parm burgers and see amazing pasta dishes , Im in trouble
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:26 am

I made chicken fingers last night. From frozen.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:50 am

rrwatch wrote:
Everytime I read this thread I get hungry !! I eat ok in the morning but its so damn hot lately I skip lunch and eat a crappy lite dinner. After 9 pm or so it starts cooling down and I get starved, then I read about Meatza, Parm burgers and see amazing pasta dishes , Im in trouble
Laughing
That's me.
And that's me again this morning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tomorrow's dinner
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:27 am

Want...

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:49 am

Too hot. D:

It be ice cream season. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:29 pm

Ice cream is never out of season Razz well to me at least lol. I eat more ice cream in the winter then in the summer

that chicken looks amazing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:52 am

It's to create a balance in the bodies internal temperature and the weathers external temperature to adjust to climate change.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:44 pm

It was amazing.

I want ice cream
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 22 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: