The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
matt
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:31 pm

Nothing I love compares to Arnold Palmer. That stuff is the best, not to ention not bad for you. You can't walk in my house without finding it all over the place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 61

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Nothing I love compares to Arnold Palmer. That stuff is the best, not to ention not bad for you. You can't walk in my house without finding it all over the place.
Isn't that half lemonade,half tea?
Thinking
Back to top Go down
View user profile
matt
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:46 pm

Isn't that half lemonade,half tea?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yep. Can't live without it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jolli
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:17 am

Last night I ate the hell out of a mushroom & swiss burger and it was OMG good!!!!!
Wait.. Burger.. Cheese... Mushrooms.. How have I not heard about this before!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:53 am

Honestly I don't know, it's pretty common. I'd do them up with Garlic sautee'd mushrooms and onions with a homemade bbq sauce and cheese.

Can't stand mushrooms myself.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jolli
Ninth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:57 am

I used to not like mushroom, but Now I love them.

and its common ?... Sad Never heard of them before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:07 am

A lot of restaraunts here tend to do them.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jolli
Ninth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:13 am

None of them in iceland do that :/ and haven't been to many resturants in Norway, so I might be out of touch.

Looks delicious though.

Tell me the recipe! Cel!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:56 am

jolli-timer wrote:
Last night I ate the hell out of a mushroom & swiss burger and it was OMG good!!!!!
Wait.. Burger.. Cheese... Mushrooms.. How have I not heard about this before!
Honestly you can find mushroom swiss burgers any where. I have never personally made one but I imagine it's pretty simple to make.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dingo
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:10 am

*enter the dumb dingo* Me wants to make spaghetti but me has never made it. It looks easy to do but me lost to how to do it *is dumb* Teach me someone
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jolli
Ninth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:33 am

*dingo right now*
"Ok. Lets do this" *Looks at packaging* "Boil water... What am I a chemist ?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:38 am

Dinner for two?
Take about a pound of ground (lean is a little more expensive but ultimatley better)
Fry it up in a skillet and add garlic if you like that taste. Cook to golden brown.
While that cooks completely,take a pot,add a small amount of olive oil to water.This prevents the noodles from sticking.Once boiling add about a handfull of spegetti to water.
Once ground beef is completely cooked,strain beef..(and trust this) add a jar of spegetti sauce to the cooked beef.
Some like to do this the hard way by making everything homemade.If you have Prego or Ragu over in your area trust that it is just as good.
Stir in and set the temp on low.
Add whatever your taste maybe that you feel will inhance the taste. Consider it your playground.
Once spegetti noodles are tender.
Strain noodles and empty back into pot.Add skillet contents to it and let it simmer so that the noodles soak up the gravy.
Add parmesian cheese and serve with garlic bread and a glass of Merlot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dingo
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:41 am

Me knows the boiling but this package says nothing about the amount of water and also says nothing about the amount of pasta in pan either. Then the sauce is just pure evil "Just pour it over the pasta and do not heat it up" But its cold sauce so wont that just make the meal cold?
EVIL PASTA EVIL
*goes sits in corner*

Thanks for the info Cel ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:54 am

Depending on the amount of spegetti you are wanting is the amount of water is used.Enough to surmerge noodles but not to the top so that when it comes to boil it doesn't run over.The added oil can and will cause a fire if it runs onto the burner.
By adding sauce to skillet contents it will heat your sauce nicely.

And you are welcome babe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:10 am

If it's premade stuff, Break the spaghetti in half, add salt and olive oil, boil it till it's as you like.

General rule of thumb for amount is I'd say 36-45 strands... 2 oz weight/60g weight... or the Diameter of an Aussie Penny maybe, try that.

As for sauce, when you have the pasta cooked run it under cold water, add olive oil to stop the sticking. Heat up the sauce in the pan (About a third of the jar if for one person depending on the jar size) stirring and add the pasta when the sauce begins to bubble and lower heat. Mix pasta through sauce.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:33 pm

^ Pretty much exactly what I said Irish boy.
Nananana
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:03 am

Yeah but I said it like awesome with an irish accent that just melts your heart and makes ye all weak at the knees.

Also you forgot the cool down Miss Sourthern Belle from below the Yankee Doodle Line. Nananana I do declare!

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:07 pm

But..well..I. ... .I do.I do declare. Thinking

Btw I died laughing at that post. Laughing

On topic before Stella yanks our doodle. Shocked
My current favorite beverage- Star Bucks double shots.So effing yummy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jolli
Ninth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:13 pm

I just ate a cold calzone.. it wasn't very good. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:11 am

Was it a left over from the night before?

Hot taco Calzone, now there is a messy and delicious item to have.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jolli
Ninth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:13 am

yeah.. it wasn't that bad.. just dry... Sooooooo dry...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:16 am

Shoulda sprinkled a bit of olive oil over it and popped it in the oven for 10 or 15 minutes.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jolli
Ninth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:20 am

Yeah, I should have. But I had one at 4, and everyone was sleeping, I think Ill do it later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:25 am

...Put chili flakes in the olive oil!

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:31 am

Never eat a calzone or stromboli cold or one that has set out for a while. A calzone contains ricotta cheese that taste horrible when cold or reheated. Added that the dough used is not good once left out over a certain amount of time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: