The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Thanks Everyone

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Thanks Everyone   Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:26 pm

6/15/2007

5 years ago today I signed up for MyRes. The reason? I needed help with skill points and because I was having a really hard time with Normal mode. When I first joined, I was amazed by all the people talking about the game, as well as just joking around about life. At that point in my life, I hadn't seen a forum quite like it. I was intrigued.

And I was stupid.

I looked back at some my original posts before the great MyRes 1.0/2.0 purging, and wow did I post some fractured messages. Still, I was trying and I was slowly but steadily learning the ropes of both the forum and the game. Soon I would beat that dreaded Normal mode, and I even beat Hard too! Once I got to Superhuman....wow, I didn't think I'd ever beat it. At that time, it was the hardest thing I had ever played! I couldn't move without being mowed down by those pesky Steelheads and Hybrids. About a week later, though, I prevailed, and in victory came a dreadful hobby.

I wanted to beat this game. I wanted to beat it a LOT.

Completes began to fall left and right as my urge to destroy this game increased. I found new ways to beat the game, new bugs that made it more interesting. As poured myself into the game, I began to frequent MyRes more. Several months later I would finally get online as well, and my love for the game increased dramatically, if that's even possible. However, I bounced in and out of clans over the next few months. I couldn't find a group that really fit my style. One day I was searching custom games and I found a Black Label match. This seemingly insignificant event changed MyRes for me. I found a home. After I finally joined XX, everything changed. I finally felt at one with the community and my posting habits began to improve. I started posting some feedback for the game, which eventually lead to Resistance 2.

Eventually, though, things would begin to slow. With the advent of 2.0, the old MyRes community began to decay. The once great giant began to fall as the member count began to dwindle. That is not to say 2.0 was a bad place, though. Most of my best memories come from the new site. Superhuman Saturdays, Aftermath Monday, and the fun discussion of the games was still there. Losing members didn't seem to taint the image of MyRes for me. It wasn't as good as the original, no, but it was still an entertaining place to be. Time moved forward once more, and soon Black Label fell victim. Most of you all know that story, so I won't go into it, but after that I was once again clanless. I didn't let that keep me down, though, as I kept in contact with most of my old Label friends.

Eventually, on 6/15/09, I would send Six a message about joining Axis (then Sixth Nation). Hey look, another nifty anniversary. Sixth Nation has since been my go to forum since then, and I don't regret a moment of it. This is a wonderful community, one that I can't seem to get away from. The members here are all uniquely awesome in their own way, and I'm honored to be able to call you guys my friends. I have some pretty awesome memories here, and I look forward to making many more.

Soon, with the advent of Resistance 3, MyRes 3.0 came alive. Like 2.0 before it, the community would start shrinking again. It didn't help when the entirety of MyRes 1.0 and 2.0 disappeared from users. That, and 3.0 probably wasn't the best of things. Am I sad that I don't post there often at all? Sure I am. MyRes will always hold a special place in my heart. In many ways it was the perfect community, and perhaps it can't really be replicated. Still, when it was on top it was a helluva thing. One that I do miss from time to time.

So happy anniversary everyone, both for MyRes and for the clan. I'm a lot of things, but I'm Ratchet.
I've been banned.
I've been Member of the Month.
And I love to beat the Resistance campaigns.

I look forward to the next 5 years with you guys. It's been a fun ride so far.
-Ratchet
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: Thanks Everyone   Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:24 am

Great post R. Having made a lot of that run down memory lane with you, it has been a pleasure. Ive very literally watched you go from that kid looking to beat a game into the person you are now. I can honestly say to look back and picture it all with out you is impossible. I thank you, tbh, (drunk six here), because I recall the day you sent that message.
I was a little shocked to say the least. Ratchet, the kid who could pwn the game just by looking at it and who had the option to go and be accepted anywhere as a result chose here.
It made me realize that everything I and everyone was trying to do here was in fact needed.
It wasnt about stats and ego. It wasnt about winning and making them know it. It wasnt about alliances or drama. It was about having fun with the people you see as friends.
If I can find any words I would want to use to describe this site, or even axis itself.....thats it right there. It gave me hope that there were others out there who shared this view.

Happy Gamers Anny R. Im thrilled you have gotten as much from it as you have offered it. Thats really whats it all about. Thats how a community should feel to everyone in it. The example is awesome. My res or here, youve always been that way.

To the next 5 years. May gaming itself not crumble before then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Thanks Everyone   Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:46 pm

It's an honor and a privilege to be here, Six. I tried my hand at competitive clans before, and honestly they just weren't my cup of tea. Here at Axis and Nation, I get the opportunity to relax and simply have fun. I can't even begin to describe the amount of laughs I've had with you guys. Stuff like ROBZOMBIEZOMBIE and Stephen Hawking jokes will forever be ingrained into my mind. This place is like a second home to me, and I'm beyond thankful for it.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Thanks Everyone   Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:15 am

Jeez 5 years. Time flies when you're having fun doesn't it?

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Thanks Everyone   Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:13 pm

@Lod wrote:
Jeez 5 years. Time flies when you're having fun doesn't it?

Indeed it does, Liam. I don't even want to know what things will be like in 2017. Laughing
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Thanks Everyone   Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:05 pm

We will have flying Websites, and 3D features.. Woah.

Other than that I have only been here for a little while and I have only known you for a short period of time but Im proud to call you and everyone here a friend.

And dont feel to bad about leaving Myres. Community's flurish and die. Its the cycle of the internet life Razz but there will always be a new place to go and new people to meet.

So here is to the 5 years gone and another 5 to go!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Thanks Everyone   Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:58 am

Go forth and spread the funnies!

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thanks Everyone   

Back to top Go down

Thanks Everyone

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-