The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Hello Guys (My Intro)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Motty_Pastor
New in the Nation

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Hello Guys (My Intro)   Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:32 pm

He guys! I was referred here by Cam's Youtube videos which I watched about a hundred times to bolster my competency as an Uncharted 2 multiplayer gamer. I'm kind of new to next gen console playing and I've just become addicted to multiplayer competition from playing lots of Uncharted 2 deathmatches. Now, I'm on to Uncharted 3 multiplayer and working through the learning curve of the game and how it differs from U2. Here, I'm hoping to make some real friends and have some buddies to play with on PSN. In addition, I'd like to start sharing videos of me playing so that you guys can give me feedback and help me become a batter player. While I'm still somewhat of a novice (next gen) console gamer, I have potential. I was born with what doctors call "brisk reflexes" which means I can move my hands and fingers extremely quickly. It's a blessing and a curse because it's lead to some major "nerd rages" and aiming issues at times when I've played U2!

Please feel free to add me on PSN, as I've only got 3 friends right now. I'd love to play with a clan on U3.

Later,
Motty
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Hello Guys (My Intro)   Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:41 pm

Welcome to the Nation, Motty. Just sent you a friend request on PSN. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: Hello Guys (My Intro)   Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:44 pm

Hello yourself, and welcome to the Nation.
If you have any questions, then feel free to PM someone with a red name (like me) or a dark blue name. Those are the admins and mods.

The current Uncharted talk mostly goes on here.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And here's the thread for doing your own video submissions.

Browse around. Chat with people. Just have fun. Smile
We're usually a little slower on the weekends though, so fair warning.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: Hello Guys (My Intro)   Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:57 pm

Welcome motty. Im sure you will find the company good here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Motty_Pastor
New in the Nation

PostSubject: Re: Hello Guys (My Intro)   Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:36 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. From the forums, I figured out that I should learn what "farming" is and if it applies to both U2 and U3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Hello Guys (My Intro)   Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:50 pm

Farming typically refers to performing a single task repeatedly in order to obtain something from it. Similar to grinding, but farming is usually used specifically when looking for item drops from enemies, whereas grinding is a more all purpose term.
The only way I can think of it applying to a game like U3 is 'kill farming' which is generally frowned upon since it focuses on getting kills over actually trying to win the game.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SwiftJusticeATX
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: Hello Guys (My Intro)   Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:00 am

Welcome. Browse around and see the various happenings going on. Oh, don't feed the Liam,and.....well, don't feed anybody and don't make too many sudden movements. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: Hello Guys (My Intro)   Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:48 am

And if you do want to feed anyone, bacon is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jolli
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Hello Guys (My Intro)   Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:23 pm

Welcome, to the wonderously crazy world of Sixthnation! where sane people are crazy and crazy people are sane.
Ill add you on Psn the next time I'm on.

Last edited by jolli-timer on Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Hello Guys (My Intro)   Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:21 pm

I've been farming U3 with a few friends the past week or so. For U3 Co-Op, this can be done by having a team repeatedly kill one a boss in hopes of them dropping a rare treasure that will unlock a skin when the set is complete. If the boss doesn't drop the treasure, the team merely kills themselves and tries to kill the boss again. Rinse and repeat until the desired treasures have been acquired.

You can do it on Arena as well, but that one is a bit harder to explain. I'll show you how to do that if I see you in-game.

@Monkey, farming in U3 is essentially the only way to get the rare skins quickly. It can take hundreds of rounds to complete a set otherwise. In no way is it "frowned upon" in this game.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Hello Guys (My Intro)   Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:47 pm

I haven't played U3 yet, so I don't know its specifics.
I was just saying that kill farming, as I've experienced it in other games, usually means playing objective games, but completely ignoring the objectives for them and going for kills instead since it allows additional time to run down the clock and get more kills compared to TDMs.
Again, I don't know the attitudes in U3, or if we're still talking about the same thing, but I know that anywhere else I've encountered it no one trying to actually play for the objective appreciates it. It's little better than boosting.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jolli
Ninth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Hello Guys (My Intro)   Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:49 pm

I think monkey thinks he meant "kill farming" in objective type games, which is very frowned upon even in UC.
Although ND countered it with the kills not counting towards your K/D
[Edit] didn't see monkeys post when I wrote this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Motty_Pastor
New in the Nation

PostSubject: welcoming and U3 tip   Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:04 pm

Thanks again for the greetings and thank-you Hatchet for the explanation...hope to see you on U3!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Hello Guys (My Intro)   Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:13 pm

Merged. Please make sure you're hitting Post Reply instead of New Thread. Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dingo
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Hello Guys (My Intro)   Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:17 pm

New guy New guy New guy *bounces around*

Hello, welcome to the nation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Hello Guys (My Intro)   Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hello yourself, and welcome to the Nation.
If you have any questions, then feel free to PM someone with a red name (like me) or a dark blue name. Those are the admins and mods.
I'm one of the blue people.

Hi Motty. Make yourself at home. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Motty_Pastor
New in the Nation

PostSubject: Re: Hello Guys (My Intro)   Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:13 pm

Hey guys. Thanks again for the welcomes and the U3 info. I have a question that's sort of general and I didn't know where I should post this question just yet, so forgive me if this is not the place. It's about strafing in U3. Is strafing in a 3rd-person shooter basically only moving the left stick from side-to-side as you pull the trigger when your reticle is back on the opponent? In other words does the strafing require that you move the camera (right stick) simultaneously while moving with the left stick so that the reticle stays on the opponent? Believe it or not, I had some major, violent tantrums while learning how to play U2 multiplayer as I just didn't understand how guys that I got the spring on would kill me first when we both had AK 47s and I shot him first. Then, in Cinema mode, I realized that the high level players were moving about a quarter of an inch from left to right in these battles but I couldn't tell if they were adjusting their cameras. That's when I discovered what strafing meant! I have officially started to learn the nuances of U3 and I don't think I'll go back to U2 except occasionally. Despite the slight movement differences, I'm sure that strafing is vital to success in the U3 multiplayer matches.

P.S. The "Lab" right now has RPGs only on U3 which has been a lot of fun and it's taught me the maps which has helped. I hope to eventually get to play U3 with a few of you guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Hello Guys (My Intro)   Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:19 pm

Since it's an Uncharted 3 question, you could have asked it here:
It's in the Action/Adventure and Survival section in Gaming Headquarters. Wink

Strafing in the Uncharted games involves holding L1 to aim down the barrel and then using the left stick to move side to side. You face the same direction but can still move around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jolli
Ninth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Hello Guys (My Intro)   Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:22 pm

Here you go mate.

and strafing usually means moving the left stick to the right or left, sometimes both in quick sucsession while moving the camera stick ever so slightly.
So your bullets hit and the enemy's bullets dont.
Try to upgrade the perk that lets you move faster while aiming (dont remember the name Razz), it helps a lot but takes sometime to get used to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Motty_Pastor
New in the Nation

PostSubject: Re: Hello Guys (My Intro)   Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:31 pm

Thx, Azira..What confuses is that when I move the left stick while holding L1 to aim, the reticle moves with me which at mid to far distance means the reticle would not always be on the bad guy. That's why I was wondering if the camera needed to be moved every so slightly with each movement of the left stick- move left/ camera moves to right...move right/ camera moves to left. If you move both sticks simultaneously, I have to really work on that as the sensitivity settings make such a slight movement very challenging for me. I tried doing that in a "Custom Game" by myself and it didn't work very well for me...plus in a custom game, it's hard to see which bullet holes on objects (e.g. wood crates) were made by which rounds of bullets. And, if I tweak the sensitivity setting, then it's gonna mess me up with other movements such as using pistols.

Just saw Jolil's helpful response which leads me to believe that I need to master using the right stick with very small movements. Thanks, Jolli
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jolli
Ninth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Hello Guys (My Intro)   Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:37 pm

No problem man Wink it takes a little time and sometimes it doesnt work, but when you master it, it helps.. a lot Very Happy= :D and you can carry it to other games so its useful knowledge.

Just dont panic, thats the only tip I can give you. Becuase if you panic then you start aiming all over the place and wont hit the guy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Hello Guys (My Intro)   Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:47 am

Welcome Molly, enjoy your stay and I'll send you a friend invite...... I havent been playing UC3 much but who knows what may come along. There are some good players here for sure if you hook up with Jollitimer, Reo, Vrals, or Ratchett you will be in fine company.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Motty_Pastor
New in the Nation

PostSubject: Re: Hello Guys (My Intro)   Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:40 am

Thanks, RR..yep Ratchett already added me on PSN so I hope we'll get to play soon. And, if I know what you guys currently are playing online then maybe I'll spring for a new game. I've only been playing on PSN for about 4 months and I encountered a lot of douchebags amongst the players that used a headset when I was using mine. I wasn't having much luck making friends which is why I'm really happy I discovered this place with welcoming, intelligent people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SwiftJusticeATX
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: Hello Guys (My Intro)   Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:45 am

There's a player list floating around here somewhere. Add your name and games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Hello Guys (My Intro)   Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:30 pm

Here is the player list. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello Guys (My Intro)   

Back to top Go down

Hello Guys (My Intro)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum