The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Injustice

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
nobody
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Injustice   Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

holy crap does this game look amazing. from the makers of mortal kombat, a dc universe fight game with ridiculous enviorment interaction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Injustice   Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:04 am

Looks pretty good so far. May get it, need a good fighting game since Soul Caliber 4 was the last one I got.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nobody
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Injustice   Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:32 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Injustice   Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:01 am

Looks alright.. depending on reviews it might be worthy for a purchase..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nobody
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Injustice   Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:35 pm

heres in interview on the PS Blog

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mitchell
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Injustice   Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:51 pm

Just saw gameplay of this and it looks really good !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jolli
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Injustice   Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:07 pm

I hope it doesn't go the way of Mortal Kombat Vs DC universe, because this game looks really good, I love MK9 so I'll definetly keep a look out for it..

Still a little unsure if I'm gonna buy it, but we'll see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Injustice   Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:49 pm

I wonder if Netherrealm Studios chose to do this before the next MK, or if WB pushed them to. Thinking

As long as they keep the DC Universe away from Mortal Kombat, everything should be fine. Very Happy= :D

It looks like they're bringing back mechanics that were in the previous MK games. [Using stage items for attacking. Breakable boundaries.] Would these things detract from the competitive side of the game?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mitchell
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Injustice   Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:49 pm

The stage items was only used for fatalities in MK, in this they are used a lot more and in a lot of different ways.

As far as competitive play, I'm not sure either. As long as they balance it out and make those sorts of attacks dodge-able to some degree than I guess it's fair. I'm assuming there will be aspects of them that'll prevent spamming such as only being able to do it once per arena switch etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Injustice   Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:05 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The stage items was only used for fatalities in MK, in this they are used a lot more and in a lot of different ways.

As far as competitive play, I'm not sure either. As long as they balance it out and make those sorts of attacks dodge-able to some degree than I guess it's fair. I'm assuming there will be aspects of them that'll prevent spamming such as only being able to do it once per arena switch etc.

MK4 had rocks/skulls you could pick up and throw. I recall some weapons being in the center of some arenas that you could pick up and use.

Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance had those acid-spitting Buddha statues on the Acid Bath arena. Lin Kuei Temple had some ice pillars you could knock people into, but I think it only shattered the pillar without dealing damage.

Deception had some weapons to pick up as well. And technically, the breakable boundaries deal damage too. Damn, now I wanna replay the PS2 Mortal Kombat games. Razz

But yeah, it does look more varied in this game. I just worry if they do something similar in the next MK, it'll mess up the progress they've made when it comes to the competitive balance/depth.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
nobody
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Injustice   Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:54 am

TheLastNinja wrote:
I wonder if Netherrealm Studios chose to do this before the next MK, or if WB pushed them to. Thinking

As long as they keep the DC Universe away from Mortal Kombat, everything should be fine. Very Happy= :D

It looks like they're bringing back mechanics that were in the previous MK games. [Using stage items for attacking. Breakable boundaries.] Would these things detract from the competitive side of the game?
id say they chose to do it. MK9 is a great game. there really isn't a whole lot they can do to make it better. they can take it in a different direction, but there really isn't much room for simply making it better at what it already is. so instead im guessing they wanted to have a new IP a fresh idea, and a new direction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mitchell
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Injustice   Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:16 am

I mean, they could have just made a less violent MK9 with DC characters but they are putting time into this awesome environment interaction aspect. Neverrealm are trying something unique and fresh which really intrigues me. I disagree with the brats on youtube comments saying this is just a reskinned MK9.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nobody
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Injustice   Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:11 am

im interested to see how it would play at tournaments. generally in tournament play any levels with hazards are not allowed, but half the game is the environment hazards
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Injustice   Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:14 am

TheLastNinja wrote:

id say they chose to do it. MK9 is a great game. there really isn't a whole lot they can do to make it better. they can take it in a different direction, but there really isn't much room for simply making it better at what it already is. so instead im guessing they wanted to have a new IP a fresh idea, and a new direction.

I was talking about them furthering the story with MK10. I'm not too interested in them making huge changes to the formula, because I'm not sure if it'll negatively affect the gameplay. I wouldn't have minded if they remastered the PS2 MKs [including Shaolin Monks] before finishing MK10. It's just, WB did save the NetherRealm Studios team from when Midway went under. So, I was thinking it's something like "Alright, instead of MKvDC, you guys make MK9 first, and then you have to make a fighter for the DCU."

Although, like you said, maybe they wanted to just make something different in the mean time.

I can't say I'm interested in the game or the DC Universe, but it's nice that instead of re-skinning MK with DCU, they're adding gameplay mechanics that compliment the universe.

Plus, "Due to complaints about severe online lag in NetherRealm Studios' previous title, Mortal Kombat, the development team had made a "new, more elaborate system" and is optimizing the network code for an improved online experience."
Hopefully they'll have it nearly perfected for MK10. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mitchell
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Injustice   Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:26 am

By the time I picked up MK9 the online community had pretty much disappeared for my region but still like how they are addressing issues like this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nobody
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Injustice   Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:29 am

furthering the story!? the story is a retelling of the old games. also why would you release a fighting game purely for the story?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Injustice   Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:36 am

Mortal Kombat has a story? I thought it was all about ripping heads off and hearts out...

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mitchell
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Injustice   Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:04 am

That too, but MK9 was praised for it's astounding amount of content and Neverrealm even attempted a story Smile .

Only played a few chapters (so far) of it myself and it ain't anything special but beats pretty much every other fighting game in this respect .

Wonder if they'll do the same for this game ? , I.e a lot of content and an actual story
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Injustice   Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:07 pm

furthering the story!? the story is a retelling of the old games. also why would you release a fighting game purely for the story?

And that's why I want to see what happens next, since the course of events are different.

It wouldn't be purely for the story. There would be more kombatants to play as. As well as new arenas. Plus, NRS would have made improvements to the engine. For example, "Since the release of Mortal Kombat, Boon stated that advancements to NetherRealm Studios' graphics engine have been made, enabling more dynamic lighting in terms of the characters and environments, and that Injustice features a faster rendering engine than its predecessor."

On top of that, there's other things they could add. Puzzle Kombat, Chess Kombat, and Konquest would be cool.

Mortal Kombat has a story? I thought it was all about ripping heads off and hearts out...

Yes, it has a back-story. >->

That too, but MK9 was praised for it's astounding amount of content and Neverrealm even attempted a story Smile .

Only played a few chapters (so far) of it myself and it ain't anything special but beats pretty much every other fighting game in this respect .

Wonder if they'll do the same for this game ? , I.e a lot of content and an actual story

"The campaign of the game is being written by NetherRealm Studios and DC Comics' writers as a stand-alone story. According to lead designer John Edwards, the story is meant to rationalize the game's fighting mechanics between characters that would not normally fight one another and explain how gadget characters like Batman can "stand toe-to-toe" with power characters like Superman."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nobody
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Injustice   Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:01 pm

yea but I dont feel like any of that warrants a sequel. i feel like if it was the opposite people would be complaining of a cash in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Injustice   Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:33 am

TheLastNinja wrote:

Yes, it has a back-story. >->

(o.O) Seriously?

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Injustice   Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:54 pm

Seriously. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

yea but I dont feel like any of that warrants a sequel. i feel like if it was the opposite people would be complaining of a cash in.

If it was the opposite? Sorry, I'm not understanding that sentence. >->

New and/or refined modes, arenas, characters, features, mechanics, graphics/assets, furthering the story, and general improvements to the engine/netcode wouldn't warrant a sequel? Then what would you say warrants a sequel? scratch

The demo for Injustice is out. I'm pretty impressed. I love the fact that move data and frame data are listed in the move list. The gameplay is a bit different than MK's, but it's still good. The environmental stuff appear to be good additions, and I'm less worried about their possible inclusion in the next MK, but I'm still not so sure I'd want them to be included. I'm quite antsy for a new Mortal Kombat after playing this demo. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nobody
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Injustice   Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:01 am

that was 6 months ago i dont remember the line of thought that went into that comment
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mitchell
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Injustice   Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:55 am

Might give the demo a download next week, I have been watching all the battle arena fights and this game does look pretty sweet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jolli
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Injustice   Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:31 am

been playing this game a little bit and I find the Demo being pretty terrible.

Whats with the terrible animation ? walking is all stiff and the models all look like their stuck in this overzelous superhero pose and walk that way.

And that jumping, its smooth until you kick or do anything in the air, because then it does this stiff weird clunky punt to the face and then you drop down instantly.

One other complaint is when you kick a villain to the ground and he is dazed you're kinda stuck for like 3 seconds, giving the opponent a chance to get up, which is practical and will probably take aways some frustration sure but its annoying as f***.

And why have two heroes and 1 villain ? or 2 villains if you count doomsday (you cant play him)I know this is a minor complait but jeez, atleast have some consistency.

Also the character models are just... weird, proportionally, facially and just about anything else... It feels weird just looking at lec luthor or batman head on in those pre game cutscenes.

Combat is good though, but all this other stuff seems to be draggin this game down to the bargain bin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Injustice   

Back to top Go down

Injustice

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Fighting, Racing and Sports-
Jump to: